Getting serious: the American voter. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

We've no dearth of political palaver here in the United States of America. Much of it is meaningless tit-for-tat between libs and cons, Dems and Reps, reds and blues. You can get as much of it as you want on sites such as this one, on AM radio and from other media. At day's end, you're no wiser.

"Myself when young did eagerly frequent
Doctor and Saint, and heard great Argument
About it and about: but evermore
Came out by the same Door as in I went."

27th verse, 1st edition of The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, by Edward Fitzgerald.

A different and, to my way of thinking, better approach to politics in the US is to make use of the voluminous material on we, the people, developed by sociologists and psychiatric sociologists over the last several decades. It provides insight into what makes us tick as we respond to our societal challenges, both real and perceived. It also helps us understand how we react to the appeals to us made by our politicians as they seek election and re-election.

Of immediate interest is the distribution of American voters along the RWA scale. This bears directly upon challenges to American democracy from our political parties.

I'd be pleased to discuss this with anyone willing to leave dogma outside the door. I'll not respond to troll bait.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

@Drlee I am hoping the mail-in ballots are fid[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So the question of why is the Liberal so stupid, i[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]