Races aren't real, but 'black' is real - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

ingliz wrote:@FiveofSwords

How do you arrive at an English race genetically when the people of what we call 'England' have been fucking anything that moves since the year dot and still are?

:lol:

And yet my dna informed me of English ancestry. Therefore you assumption about the English must simply be wrong.
UnthinkingMajority wrote:I have non-white friends who say "that's so white" regarding something cultural.

Nobody is saying that, especially in the US, racial identity is used as shorthand for certain cultural traits. The only 'point' I'm making in the OP is that 'black' in the US is an ethnic identity equivalent to 'Italian', 'Irish', 'German', or 'Korean' in a way that white simply is not.

FiveOfSwords wrote:Jews aren't even 'semites' and they never were. They came from ancient Egypt. They maintin an ancient Egyptian character and general way of life even long after nobody remembers that it was their origin, which is remarkable...much like the American south unconsciously maintains the character of the Norman people.

It's amazing how one average dude from Georgia that's been alive at most 40-50 years has a crystal clear idea of what 'ancient Egypt' or 'Norman' daily cultural practice looked like.

In any case, these are all ethnicities. Ethnicity is a perfectly fine worse. Why the edgelord insistance on using the term 'race'?
FiveofSwords wrote:And yet my dna informed me of English ancestry

And a lot more besides, no doubt.

So much for purity.

If you were a dog, you'd be a mongrel.

Fasces wrote:It's amazing how one average dude from Georgia that's been alive at most 40-50 years has a crystal clear idea of what 'ancient Egypt' or 'Norman' daily cultural practice looked like.

He probably watches the "history" channel.
ingliz wrote:
And a lot more besides, no doubt.

So much for purity.

If you were a dog, you'd be a mongrel.

Long time ago, a legislator in Georgia proposed a test that would identify how 'pure' you were, mandatory..

Another walked up to him and whispered that, thanks to slavery, there were very, very few pure people...
wat0n wrote:@FiveofSwords what's your dictionary definition of the word "race"?

I am asking because you seem to confuse it with concepts like "ancestry" and "genealogy".

Well nobody here is capable of understanding what a race is because nobody here except me took an elementary school biology class. You inheret biological traits from your parents.
FiveofSwords wrote:
Well nobody here is capable of understanding what a race is because nobody here except me took an elementary school biology class. You inheret biological traits from your parents.

Psst, they teach the real thing in college...
late wrote:Long time ago, a legislator in Georgia proposed a test that would identify how 'pure' you were, mandatory..

Another walked up to him and whispered that, thanks to slavery, there were very, very few pure people...

This meme is demonstrably false. White people in the southern US are actually very white. Tests have been done on this.
FiveofSwords wrote:Well nobody here is capable of understanding what a race is because nobody here except me took an elementary school biology class. You inheret biological traits from your parents.

How is that different from ancestry?
@FiveofSwords

Why lie? Tests have been done. In the South, you'd be a unicorn with that DNA profile, a mythical beast. I suspect a trace of Senegal, Ivory Coast, or Ghana showed up that you are too embarrassed to share.

and

The Scots are not English, ask @Potemkin.

ingliz wrote:@FiveofSwords

Why lie? In the South, you'd be a unicorn with that DNA profile, a mythical beast. I suspect a trace of Senegal, Ivory Coast, or Ghana showed up that you are too embarrassed to share.

and

The Scots are not English, ask @Potemkin.

@Potemkin was born in Edinburgh, and he spent some years in Manchester. He does not possess a Scottish brogue or accent on his English. He speaks like an Englishman.

He has a nephew with bright red hair.

The stories he has about his Scottish Uncle Walter make me laugh hard.

The English and Scottish hated each other for centuries. The English invaded Scotland and destroyed the Clan system. For the need to control their land.

Many slave owners were Scottish background Americans in the Southern states. And many of those Scottish men had sex with African slave women.

In fact, Malcolm X's mother was from the Caribbean islands. The English-speaking ones. I am not sure if she was from Barbados or Bermuda but one of those....and her grandfather was a full-blooded redhaired Scottish man. That is why Malcolm X was a redhead.

In the end, he gave up on separate but equal. He went to Mecca and found solidarity over his religion with white-as-snow Muslims. Those considered him their brother. Something he said the racists in the USA never did in his life. He realized not everyone sees 'race relations' through a US lens of history. It vaires. Like everyone else.

Malcolm X had freckles and light-colored eyes, reddish colored hair. His father was a dark-skinned Georgian black man. His father was killed by the KKK and his body was thrown on some cable car tracks and it took him about six days to die in the hospital from his injuries. He had taken out a large insurance policy because he thought he might be murdered in his county. He was a follower of Marcus Garvey and Marcus Garvey advocated for African Americans to leave the USA and go and live in Africa and forget about trying to live alongside the white man in the USA. It was called the Back to Africa movement.

It is interesting because African Americans did found a nation in Africa. Called Liberia. Many African Americans in Louisiana, Alabama and other Southern states had huge percentages of Scottish and English DNA and even looked white. Like Lena Horne the actress and others. There was a movie called Pinky about a woman who everyone thought was white and was not. She was African American. Due to a lot of racial mixture.

It is reality. White men had sex with a lot of African slave women. And they had children. Mostly from rape and some from truly affectionate unions. Poor people tended to marry each other more frequently than middle-class or upper-crust families who tended to only have mulatta mistresses and side flings. But that Southern white men had children with African women and Indigenous women for a long time in the South? Of course.

That purity theory is just a lie. Like most of the invented history that racists want to believe.

Five of Swords wrote:You inheret biological traits from your parents.

You inherit biological traits from your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents on down. However, if you go back seven generations, less than 1% of your DNA will likely have come from any given ancestor.

It appears you were not paying attention in your elementary biology class.

Why am I not surprised?

ingliz wrote:You inherit biological traits from your parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents on down. However, if you go back seven generations, less than 1% of your DNA will likely have come from any given ancestor.

It appears you were not paying attention in your elementary biology class.

Why am I not surprised?

So you are disagreeing with me? You think we do not inheret traits from our parents?
Fasces wrote:Bigger dicks than you, too.

I looked this up once. This is overall statistically false. But true among African-American black males, due to how west Africans were chosen for the slave trade.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Oh yes, your dishonest disregard for what you lab[…]

It is telling you did not answer the question, @P[…]

@JohnRawls Former President Trump is the wors[…]

Is that true? The concept of race, and racial[…]