Opposing Space Colonization - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

By dudekebm
astuc wrote:That's quite a reversal of common sense as it is the cult of space colonization that is destroying the earth for future generations who want to stay and live on earth. This cult believes that we are like locusts devouring our home planet than moving on to the next. This supports a predatory political agenda. These dreamers are too afraid to explore the real world and would rather fantasize about some magical future where the laws of physics have been changed.

Before jumping to conclusions say something to support your argument

From my point of view, colonization and terraforming are good for future generations. It is inherent in human nature to explore and move out from their original place of origin. Couple this with the educated assumption that the Earth is the only planet in this system which can harbor life as we know it currently although there are candidates out there (namely Mars) that could be converted with enough patience and planning into a second Earth-like ecosystem ripe for humanity to colonize. In the process of terraforming we learn how fragile an ecosystem can be and how to stabilize it. I have a a prediction that the people of Earth, in the process of terraforming Mars, will also undergo a 'Green Revolution' of sorts when it is recognized how fragile a habitable environment can be. Steps will be taken to return the Earth to a more stable ecological state.

Predatory political agendas come and go but they do not last. And in a biological sense, if we recognize the fact that we do have predatory instincts, then the intelligent predatory species will do what they can to preserve the entire food chain and the environment in which it resides.

These dreamers you speak of do live in the real world and do obey the laws of physics, chemistry, biology, etc... I have to say it is folks like yourself who only see what they want to see and accuse those who do actually want to explore the real universe of fantasizing about chasing windmills (so to speak), when you yourselves guilty of fantasizing about some pastoral one-with-nature life in which they have all the modern conveniences but none of the drive to think, create, and come up with the applications of the science that made such modern conveniences possible.

I daresay those who become colonists and strive to do so will be the biggest environmentalists and conservationists you will ever find as they will have firsthand knowledge of how fragile a habitable environment actually is.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

In ancient Athens, they used slaves for policemen[…]

You couldn't make this up

I just now watched a video commenting on the subje[…]

BRICS will fail

I doubt I would be that much use on the front lin[…]

The zionist lobby has great power in the United St[…]