I need your help with a petition. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Please visit

http://www.change.org/petitions/an-idea-to-reduce-drunk-driving-in-the-21-to-30-year-old-age-group

and sign the petition!

An idea to reduce drunk driving in the 21 to 30 year old age group

In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.1 On average, one in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.2

Here’s my idea to reduce DWI in the 21 to 30 y/o age group.

“Drunk Driving and Public Intoxication can be reduced in the 21 to 30 year age group by making it mandatory, or voluntary, for anyone who turns 21 to take a two or three hour course on Drinking Alcohol Responsibly.”

The course on Drinking Alcohol Responsibly can be designed to provide information about alcohol, about responsibility, about facts/myths, and about popular culture. I'm not advocating prohibition only responsible drinking. We all have to share our public roads.

There's a possibility that a Drinking Alcohol Responsibly Course will be overly redundant, and the course will not reduce drunk driving. The only way to know for sure is to do a study. An organization, university, or company can provide one thousand people that are turning 21 with information about drinking alcohol responsibly; they can then track them over a period of time.

If you haven't already been touched by drunk driving, there is a good chance you or someone you care about will be.

Therefore, I am petitioning the Government, Non-profits, and the Alcohol Industry to sponsor a study that involves 1.) designing a two or three hour Drinking Alcohol Responsibly Course, 2.) educating one thousand people who are either 21 or turning 21 on Drinking Alcohol Responsibly, and 3.) tracking those individuals over a period of time to see whether there is a reduction in drunk driving. I'm hoping preparing young people to drinking alcohol responsibly will reduce drunk driving.

References

1 Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Impaired Driving: Get the Facts. [cited 2013 Feb 16]. Available at URL: http://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/i ... sheet.html

2 Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Statistics. [cited 2013 Feb 16]. Available at URL: http://www.madd.org/statistics/
I agree with Mike, some people are just morons.

After the first offense take their license away for life with 10 years in the gulag if they are ever found behind the wheel again. Simple and fair.

There are conditions that must be met for Ukraine[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]