Ways to Help Others During the Coronavirus Pandemic - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Well, as much as I dislike Trump's divisiveness here in the US (and between us and our allies too) I do think that it's time to unite for our country, community and humanity. Some things are bigger and more important than politics. So, I like to compile list of how each of us, no matter where we are located can help our fellow human beings during this time. Here are some ideas I have:

1. Give food or money to local food pantry or directly to those who are in need.
    2. Give blood to local Red Cross (and if you live in a Muslim country or are a Muslim I would assume that would be the local Red Crescent)
    3. Offer some your knowledge or expertise that you have in a badly needed field for free during this time
    4. Run errands for the elderly who want to stay indoors to avoid exposure to the Coronavirus.
    5. Buy some gift cards from local businesses that are struggling during this time given the economic hit.
    6. Volunteer with Meals on Wheels.
    7. Help those experiencing homelessness (not sure how as I guess every situation is different).
    8. Donate to heavily vetted and reputable non-profit or charitable organization dedicated to helping those in need during this time.

These are some ideas I have come up with. Little small things people can do that can add up over time into hopefully big things.
@ness31 @Local Localist

Well, near the end of this month I am looking to donate some food and perhaps some money to my local food shelf here in my local area. That way, hopefully, people will have food during this time. I also intend to buy a gift card from one of the locally owned businesses too. Little small things that I hope will help my local community. I do want to take some sort of action though but I'll have to wait till the end of the month to do so.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@ness31 @Local Localist

Well, near the end of this month I am looking to donate some food and perhaps some money to my local food shelf here in my local area. That way, hopefully, people will have food during this time. I also intend to buy a gift card from one of the locally owned businesses too. Little small things that I hope will help my local community. I do want to take some sort of action though but I'll have to wait till the end of the month to do so.

We called one this morning (using the royal we, my wife did it) and they said they preferred money over donated goods, at this time.

You have to be in a hierarchical structure right?[…]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]