Honoring Healthcare Workers - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talking about and organise marches, demonstrations, writing to your local Member of Parliament etc.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

One of the things my wife and my mother did was make a bunch of baked goods for healthcare workers that they made from scratch. I think this is one great idea to honor healthcare workers. I thought it was worth mentioning because maybe it will encourage others to do something nice for our healthcare workers since they have been working so hard through this Cornavirus pandemic. It was very thoughtful and kind of my wife and mother. Maybe other people in other areas will be encouraged to take the time to do something nice for healthcare workers so that they know they are appreciated for all their hard work during their pandemic.
One thing I recall which I believe was unprecedented (possibly one of the most widespread forms of a certain Direct Action the world has seen) as a tribute to them, was early on for months on end the entire city would erupt with jubilation, saxophones out the window, bells and fireworks, people singing songs, etc. every evening at 7pm, all in honour of the healthcare workers. I do not recall any other instance where a group was so extensively honoured by the populace, except, on a more localized scale, perhaps the firefighters in NYC after 9/11.
The firefighters of NYC have their esteem cemented in the consciousness of New Yorkers due to their sacrifice at that time. I think what you are getting at is that you believe that in this instance, what the healthcare workers are doing may not have such long-lasting regard, that they won't be as commemorated as they should be? Keep in mind, many people are presently fatigued by all this. Once this is all finally over and afterwords, I'm sure the people will recollect with gratitude. Unlike NYC firefighters, who are easily distinguished from other citizens, healthcare workers are not as recognizable. Perhaps there is a new Holiday on the horizon, or maybe they will just join up with veterans on rememberance day?

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]