The right map of the world - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Ongoing wars and conflict resolution, international agreements or lack thereof. Nationhood, secessionist movements, national 'home' government versus internationalist trends and globalisation.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Beren
world-pacific-centred-wall-map-with-flags_wm00400.jpg
world-pacific-centred-wall-map-with-flags_wm00400.jpg (132.84 KiB) Viewed 13433 times

I think this is the right map of the world that should be used to analyse and interpret world events.

It's interesting to note how peripheral Brexit, the one of the two defining events in this era supposedly, according to this map is. It's a peripheral event on the periphery, so it's peripheral squared. From this perspective the UK is a remote island on the edge of the world seceding from the world, that's how big it really is.

On the other side the USA, under the so-called leadership of Trump (the other big event supposedly), is getting peripheral too as China's growing economic power is pushing it out of the centre, maybe this helps to put Kim's formidable diplomatic success in context as well.
It's still just as crappy as a Mercator projection for distorting area; with a token attempt at making the polar lines of latitude slightly shorter, it might even be worse, since it looks as though it's tried to do things better, but hasn't.

If you want a China or Pacific-centered map, try this:

Africa is still too small in op's map, that's the biggest issue, most of the people have conceptualized Africa as a much smaller continent than it is actually.
If you want to demonstrate reality, then the US borders should be colored and extended to show it’s Pacific possessions. This would give a clearer picture of what the US actually controls. Most of the Pacific.
American arrogance is disgusting and usually inaccurate.

Here's a map of the USA's territorial waters...

Here's another map of countries and their waters:
Godstud wrote:American arrogance is disgusting and usually inaccurate.

Here's a map of the USA's territorial waters...

Here's another map of countries and their waters:

Nice map that shows New Zealand larger than the US. :)
It shows the country's territorial waters. I am sorry you can't understand that, despite me saying, "Here's another map of countries and their waters:".

Also, it does not show New Zealand as larger than the US. Go back to school and retake geography.
Godstud wrote:It shows the country's territorial waters. I am sorry you can't understand that, despite me saying, "Here's another map of countries and their waters:".

Also, it does not show New Zealand as larger than the US. Go back to school and retake geography.

A map with Africa in the center position to support your argument of US Pacific territory is miniscule is a very good example of your dishonesty in debate. :)
You're arguing against facts, while presenting none.

How is that first map wrong? It isn't.

Who cares what continent is put in the middle? It's a map, not a fucking popularity contest!

The only person wrong is the genius who doesn't know where New Zealand is, and gets upset at a map that doesn't put USA in the middle.
Last edited by Godstud on 12 May 2018 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Nearly 90% of the world's population lives in the northern hemisphere.

Maybe that would change if we rebalanced the map a little! :excited:
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Nearly 90% of the world's population lives in the northern hemisphere. Your map is great for fish, though.

Should Asia be on top then?

A quick Google search did not reveal one like that, but it would be interesting.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:Nearly 90% of the world's population lives in the northern hemisphere. Your map is great for fish, though.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Should Asia be on top then? A quick Google search did not reveal one like that, but it would be interesting.

Huh? The vast majority of maps show Asia at the top. All the others in thia thread, for instance.
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:If you want a China or Pacific-centered map, try this:

Rather not, thank you, geographic accuracy wasn't among my priorities. Even resolution mattered more, among others.
Beren wrote:Rather not, thank you, geographic accuracy wasn't among my priorities. Even resolution mattered more, among others.

If geographic accuracy isn't one of your priorities, then maps aren't really for you. Maybe you want a list, or something. Resolution of what, exactly, if not geography?
Prosthetic Conscience wrote:If geographic accuracy isn't one of your priorities, then maps aren't really for you. Maybe you want a list, or something. Resolution of what, exactly, if not geography?

The map was a metaphor PC. Brexit and Trump marginalises the UK and America out of the global arena and expands China's global dominance over the world.

On maps, I am biased of course, but nothing looks right but the one I am use to with The UK in the centre. The others seem dominated by sea. Especially true of @Heisenbergs map that is upside down :lol:

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]