The US is Having a National Coin Shortage - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Theories and happenings too odd for the main forums.
putsch to go cashless

Business are becoming very picky with what tender they accept and how they want to do business. Some want to be entirely paperless. You can’t buy anything without an email demand. They can go fuck themselves. Any business that doesn’t want to accept cash or stay out of my online affairs is blacklisted.
ness31 wrote:putsch to go cashless

Business are becoming very picky with what tender they accept and how they want to do business. Some want to be entirely paperless. You can’t buy anything without an email demand. They can go fuck themselves. Any business that doesn’t want to accept cash or stay out of my online affairs is blacklisted.

I think it goes the other way, in that online transaction teaches us the importance of separation and hierarchy of accounts. No one asks us to make transactions under one single account, unlike countries like China, who forces everyone to register through their real names and making the above worries real.
Patrickov wrote:I think it goes the other way, in that online transaction teaches us the importance of separation and hierarchy of accounts. No one asks us to make transactions under one single account, unlike countries like China, who forces everyone to register through their real names and making the above worries real.

Perhaps I’ve not communicated sufficiently? :hmm: The use of cash allows you a degree of privacy through anonymity.
If you can’t use cash, then by default you must use a legitimate medium that is linked to an account. Not only are they trying to make this the norm, before you can complete the transaction you are bombarded with requests for your email and they’re pretty fucking forceful. Its super frustrating and intrusive and I will not do business with establishments that conduct themselves in that manner.
ness31 wrote:If you can’t use cash, then by default you must use a legitimate medium that is linked to an account. Not only are they trying to make this the norm, before you can complete the transaction you are bombarded with requests for your email and they’re pretty fucking forceful. Its super frustrating and intrusive and I will not do business with establishments that conduct themselves in that manner.

Well, I thought you were more concerned with your privacy (which I think dedicated accounts could circumvent) than convenience.

In terms of convenience, surely the technology still has a lot to evolve. And even if the technology has evolved it is stupid not to have any kind of alternative. As an I.T. worker I am fully aware of how bad relying on one media / channel / device / ... is.
Patrickov wrote:Well, I thought you were more concerned with your privacy (which I think dedicated accounts could circumvent) than convenience.

In terms of convenience, surely the technology still has a lot to evolve. And even if the technology has evolved it is stupid not to have any kind of alternative. As an I.T. worker I am fully aware of how bad relying on one media / channel / device / ... is.

Yeah, it’s absolutely about privacy and not having ones spending habits tracked.

I think a kind of social credit rating system already exists where I live, considering that most of the money we use is borrowed from overseas. I don’t really want to ponder it too much because I will become overwrought with anger :|
ness31 wrote:I think a kind of social credit rating system already exists where I live, considering that most of the money we use is borrowed from overseas.

At least I know ordinary American citizens have access to such money.

And this actually goes two way -- who "lend" this money for someone else to "borrow" in the first place?

And seriously, will anyone sane willing to lend a large amount of money to Russia or China, with expectation that the money would be well-spent (instead of, say, tracking down dissidents in a paranoid manner, or simply being "eaten" by corrupt officials or oligarchs)?
“There is no conspiracy here,” says Matt Finn, chief economist at Old National bank. “It’s simply another effect of the coronavirus.”

According to Finn, there is about $48 billion of coinage in the United States. Right now, however, it may be hard to come by.

Finn says that’s because the U.S. Mint had slowed production of coins because of the coronavirus. Plus, fewer people have been using coins at places like vending machines, laundromats and car washes.

The coin circulation depends on those places regularly, depositing coins to the bank.

“The bank sends it to the federal reserve and redistributes it, based on need,” says Finn. “Well the problem is when people stop going to those places and people stop going to the bank - all that velocity of money, all that exchange of coinage slowed down.”

https://www.14news.com/2020/07/14/chief ... -shortage/
fewer people have been using coins at places like vending machines, laundromats

Really, fewer people using laundromats? How does that work exactly? Are people washing clothes in their sinks and then hanging them to dry on clothes lines hung in their living rooms?
It's fucking bullshit. I recently bought a comforter that doesn't fit in my washer to I have been washing it in at my local coin-operated laundromat throughout this pandemic and the place has been mostly full each time.

And what about Coinstar? If there really is a coin shortage, maybe we should start investigating where all the change goes after being dumped into those kiosks.

I am of the opinion, and have been for a long tim[…]

What Bible? :?: Trump is selling Trump Bibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]