Out of the loop, or how the entire point of political forums - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It is possible. Most of the analytical work of the CIA, for instance, is based on publicly available sources. Hegemony of mass culture is not an impediment as long as you are willing to expend the necessary energy to track down independent sources of information (and the judgement to evaluate them). The success of hegemony is predicated on public apathy rather than secrecy per se.
quetzalcoatl wrote: The success of hegemony is predicated on public apathy rather than secrecy per se.

Agreed it's public apathy more than some grand conspiracy that keeps the masses dulled and uninformed. America (my home country) has become ahistorical and thus people just blindly follow walk off the precipice.
Americanroyalty wrote:public apathy

This public has been moved to isolated suburban homes, sealed into hermetically sealed cars, and forced to work full-time for their entire lives.

And they are then treated as "apathetic" for not being able to participate in their own destinies.

If you hate the public this much, then you don't really like yourself either.
QatzelOk wrote:This public has been moved to isolated suburban homes, sealed into hermetically sealed cars, and forced to work full-time for their entire lives.

What's there to like about any of that.
Your reaction is typical of the public though some angry poorly thought out rant about how you just won't stand for these injustices one more minute. Than you get distracted by one of the Kardashians getting knocked up, so you settle back into your couch and tune in.
Americanroyalty wrote:Than you get distracted by one of the Kardashians getting knocked up, so you settle back into your couch and tune in.

I haven't watched TV or movies in 12 years.

So your point is non-existent.

You are criticizing the people YOU interact with, and not those on this forum who disagree with your nihilistic view of "the untouchables" who you don't consider yourself to be part of.

The general public - who have been tortured and trained throughout history to be loyal to their Elites - are the product of the obsessions and lusts of this same elite. The condition of the huddled masses is a product of domination and torture, and the Earth is faring no better.

Stop blaming victims for being kept-out-of-the-loop and time-poor.
^ ^ ^
Wasn't blaming anyone, but if you wanna place blame the elites are a good place to start.
I wasn't separating myself though I'm more of a fan of honey boo boo than the Kardashians.
It's not Nihilistic, things just are Qatzel. I never said anything like this:
Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value

And this forum cannot be compared to the general public. It seems like over half the posters are Libertarians, Fascists, Communists, or Anarchists for Christ's sake. That definitely does not match up with the general public
That's right, this forum is pretty weird. Now I have a message for those of you who trust me (the rest of you can shut up, thank you):

there 's no truth, it all depends on this or that

What I've found is that not only are the media twisted and biased a lot, even when they try not to be biased they get it wrong or don't get it all because the guys writing the story (or their editors) just don't get it. I'm certain this is the case because sometimes I happen to be right there, and from my vantage point what gets reported just doesn't do it.

I write letters, emails, sometimes trying to explain to those half tracks who get the headlines how they blew it. Most don't bother to write back. In one case the guy and I agreed to disagree and we became sort of good buddies, he even asked me to be one of his social network friends and all. But I see him write crap and I don't correct him unless it concerns Venezuela, because he does run some stories by me before he sends them in.

So guys you really do have to give up. You'll never know for sure, remember that when you get on your high horse and start foaming at the mouth. It all depends, there's no black and white. The only sure thing is...
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Two things can be true at once: Russia doesn't ha[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]