Nails, balaclavas and duct tape sent out in grim PR stunt. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401380/A-Belfast-Story-Balaclavas-duct-tape-sent-grim-PR-stunt-promote-new-film.html
The director of a new film has been forced into a grovelling apology after he sent out a promotional pack including a balaclava, nails and a roll of duct tape.

The film, A Belfast Story, is about paramilitaries in Northern Ireland and is set in a post-Troubles Belfast which is still marred by violence.

Starring Irish actor Colm Meaney the film is meant to the reality of modern Belfast.

But film writers were horrified when they received the press pack full of unsavoury accessories leading Northern Irish writer Chris Hewitt, of Empire magazine, to brand it 'the most distasteful freebie ever.'

In evident dismay Hewitt tweeted that he had received 'a box containing a bag of nails (for a nail bomb) and a balaclava, for A Belfast Story. Not quite sure what point whoever sent it is trying to make. But I'm pretty sure it's a moronic one.'

The promotional boxes, which also feature fake newspaper clippings and surveillance photos, were sent to media outlets including Belfast’s UTV.

The plot of the film, follows Meaney playing a weary detective tasked with investigating the murders of former paramilitaries.

These critics need to get over themselves. Id say they're just pissed they didn't get a free phone or i-pod in the press pack. NI is a place where nails duct tape and balaclavas are still very much a part of real life in some areas of Belfast.

I have never seen this on TV, so I can't imagine […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If there is no evidence, then the argument that th[…]

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pro[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucle[…]