How did Fake News go wrong on the Election? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14786650
Hindsite wrote:I could have labeled it MSNBC instead of Fake, but I thought the general term was more inclusive and would allow for more discussion.


It's about as inclusive as saying, "How did Saturday Morning Cartoons go wrong on the Election?" :lol:

This is fake news.

Same with the Denver Guardian.

And the Baltimore Gazette, which was clearly built by the same people that did the Denver Guardian (both offline now).

MSNBC, FOX, others, they have news and analysis. The...

...There is no reason for me to write this again.
#14786652
The Immortal Goon wrote:It's about as inclusive as saying, "How did Saturday Morning Cartoons go wrong on the Election?" :lol:

This is fake news.

Same with the Denver Guardian.

And the Baltimore Gazette, which was clearly built by the same people that did the Denver Guardian (both offline now).

MSNBC, FOX, others, they have news and analysis. The...

...There is no reason for me to write this again.


Of course, I understand that they also give real news with their analysis. CNN and MSNBC and sometimes even FOX have gotten caught up in reporting the Fake news. But I was also including the incorrect news or out right lies that I have heard from MSNBC and CNN. Some of it may be called political propaganda. Now is that clear?
#14786668
All corporate media is state controlled propaganda fake news but independent alternative news websites aren't that much better either. Why are human beings masters of deception from all angles? A question to ponder on.
#14786681
Sorry, but most of the media is neither state controlled, nor are they putting out "fake news". The people saying "fake news" are the people who just don't like the reality of the news, so they seek to alter it, and call it into question.

These are the same people for which conspiracy theories hold sway. Once you start believing those, pretty soon you believe anyone, even the people saying that legitimate news sources are publishing fake news.

I don't LIKE Fox News, because I think they are very biased, but the only "fake news" that they've published was on the terrorist attack on a mosque, in Canada, where they cited a Muslim immigrant as a suspect, when he was, in fact, a witness.

Fox News falsely reported that the Quebec terrorism suspect was Moroccan. Then Canada got mad.
The Canadian, Alexandre Bissonnette, was mentioned nowhere in Fox's tweet Monday, which announced: “Suspect in Quebec mosque terrorist attack was of Moroccan origin.”

Mohamed Belkhadir was quickly released and cleared of involvement, but Fox's tweet stayed up for nearly two days — until the Canadian prime minister's office wrote the outlet to demand a retraction.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 1aa7f5434c

Even so, they didn't actually report "fake news". It was just a mistake, and they had to correct it.
#14786682
What's a legitimate news source? What's that look like? I've never come across a legitimate news source.

Legitimacy is a very funny and cleverly crafted word within newspeak.

The state doesn't control or have any influence on the media whatsoever? Are you a stand up comedian? I ask because I can't stop laughing.
#14786684
What's a legitimate news source? What's that look like? I've never come across a legitimate news source.
:roll: Stop trolling.

There are many good news outlets that have good journalism and integrity.

eg. Washington Post, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, BBC, MSNBC, CBC, the list goes on...

Legitimacy is a very funny and cleverly crafted word within newspeak.
So are the words 'conspiracy theory' and 'paranoia'.

The state doesn't control or have any influence on the media whatsoever? Are you a stand up comedian? I ask because I can't stop laughing.
They might influence it, but they don't control it. Your delusions demonstrate that you are a conspiracy theorist, so I wish you luck with that. :knife:
#14786687
Godstud wrote::roll: Stop trolling.

There are many good news outlets that have good journalism and integrity.

eg. Washington Post, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, BBC, MSNBC, CBC, the list goes on...

So are the words 'conspiracy theory' and 'paranoia'.

They might influence it, but they don't control it. Your delusions demonstrate that you are a conspiracy theorist, so I wish you luck with that. :knife:


Trolling, who's trolling? I thought my questions were as you say very legitimate.

There are many good news outlets that have good journalism and integrity.

eg. Washington Post, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, BBC, MSNBC, CBC, the list goes on...


:lol: :D

So are the words 'conspiracy theory' and 'paranoia'.


Yes, there is no need for conspiracy theory or paranoia as we all know that homo sapiens also known as humanity is a species and bastion of truthful honesty along with virtue. :lol:

Conspiracy doesn't exist, in the entire history of humanity not one single individual has ever conspired against another. You're right, I'm wrong. :lol:

They might influence it, but they don't control it.


I'm confused, they influence something but in no way control anything, how does that work exactly?


Your delusions demonstrate that you are a conspiracy theorist, so I wish you luck with that.


What's a conspiracy theorist?
#14786688
You have no evidence, whatsoever, that news outlets are publishing "fake news". THAT is a conspiracy theory, and people who peddle lies, such as that, are called conspiracy theorists.

Your posts lack facts to support them. You arguments are invalid.
#14786689
Godstud wrote:You have no evidence, whatsoever, that news outlets are publishing "fake news". THAT is a conspiracy theory, and people who peddle lies, such as that, are called conspiracy theorists.

Your posts lack facts to support them. You arguments are invalid.


Well now, thankfully we have several state influenced public institutions given various financial grants, tax cuts, and funding to create or craft the facts for us all.

Dare I say it we would all be lost without their influence to set the tone for public facts, communications, thoughts, and discourse.

We should all marvel and celebrate our media hacks....[Oops]I meant to say legitimate public ambassadors of truth telling. :excited: Such people are obviously guided by the most noble of intentions or pursuits.
#14786690
You have no evidence to back up your lies. You, like the others talking about "fake news" are just going by the opinions of whackjobs like Alex Jones.

Just because idiots say it's fake news, doesn't make it so. It's only 'fake news' when people like you don't like the facts, as it doesn't tie in with your propaganda.
#14786692
Godstud wrote:You have no evidence to back up your lies. You, like the others talking about "fake news" are just going by the opinions of whackjobs like Alex Jones.

Just because idiots say it's fake news, doesn't make it so. It's only 'fake news' when people like you don't like the facts, as it doesn't tie in with your propaganda.


Who is Alex Jones?

So, there is no propaganda in state influenced media then? Well, what a relief for us then! Right?
#14786846
Hindsite wrote:Of course, I understand that they also give real news with their analysis. CNN and MSNBC and sometimes even FOX have gotten caught up in reporting the Fake news. But I was also including the incorrect news or out right lies that I have heard from MSNBC and CNN. Some of it may be called political propaganda. Now is that clear?


Fake news is something reasonably specific. I listed frequently noted fake news sites. I explained to you what it is (not that it's that much of a stretch).

CNN, MSNBC, and FOX reporting something in an opinion piece or talk show that hurts your feelings is not "fake news."

A pundit, talkshow, or opinion piece is not even news let alone fake news.

A title for this thread, were it to be accurate, should have been something like:

"Some left wing pundits and talkshow hosts wanted Clinton to win the election—AND I AM TRIGGERED!!1!"

There was nothing in this about "fake news" at all. What you are doing is dumbing down language for the sake of political propaganda:

George Orwell wrote:In our time, political speech and writing are largely the defence of the indefensible. Things like the continuance of British rule in India, the Russian purges and deportations, the dropping of the atom bombs on Japan, can indeed be defended, but only by arguments which are too brutal for most people to face, and which do not square with the professed aims of the political parties. Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness...[For example,] Since you don't know what Fascism is, how can you struggle against Fascism? One need not swallow such absurdities as this, but one ought to recognise that the present political chaos is connected with the decay of language, and that one can probably bring about some improvement by starting at the verbal end. If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself. Political language — and with variations this is true of all political parties, from Conservatives to Anarchists — is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.


And your masters are quite open about how you are being manipulated by them in this way.
#14786859
Godstud wrote:You have no evidence to back up your lies. You, like the others talking about "fake news" are just going by the opinions of whackjobs like Alex Jones.

Just because idiots say it's fake news, doesn't make it so. It's only 'fake news' when people like you don't like the facts, as it doesn't tie in with your propaganda.


Dan Rather Brian Williams
#14786936
The Immortal Goon wrote:Fake news is something reasonably specific. I listed frequently noted fake news sites. I explained to you what it is (not that it's that much of a stretch).

CNN, MSNBC, and FOX reporting something in an opinion piece or talk show that hurts your feelings is not "fake news."

A pundit, talkshow, or opinion piece is not even news let alone fake news.

A title for this thread, were it to be accurate, should have been something like:

"Some left wing pundits and talkshow hosts wanted Clinton to win the election—AND I AM TRIGGERED!!1!"

There was nothing in this about "fake news" at all. What you are doing is dumbing down language for the sake of political propaganda:



And your masters are quite open about how you are being manipulated by them in this way.


Earlier on this thread, I posted a video in which Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC said, "Its our job to control what people think."

Who gave the MSNBC cable news the job of controlling what people think? Was it President Obama?
#14786950
Hindsite wrote:Earlier on this thread, I posted a video in which Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC said, "Its our job to control what people think."


How interesting. And since she's not shoveling news, but instead a talk show host and political commentator:

Wikipedia wrote:Mika Emilie Leonia Brzezinski (/ˈmiːkə brəˈzɪnski/; born May 2, 1967) is an American television host, author and political commentator...On Morning Joe, Brzezinski often points out that she is a Democrat and her co-host Joe Scarborough is a Republican.


It is utterly meaningless to try and change the English language so your feelings can be hurt and we can see what a victim you are.
#14786988
This whole Fake News subject is infantile and ridiculous. What's next? Are you going to say that Aliens are real and that the Fake News outlets are the ones claiming that aliens do not exist?

The more you fake newser folks say "fake news", the more you seem fake and delusional to me.

How about actually reading news and deciding what is real, not judging a book by its cover or judging by the authorship. You guys are so narrow-minded.

On average more white people are shot by cops tha[…]

Election 2020

Hey, people, don't hate the idea of a US-China wa[…]

What suspicion am I raising? I can only talk into[…]

@Drlee I really feel for the younger generatio[…]