Jussie Smollett: Life and Death of an MSM Hate Hoax - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Language, bias, ownership, influence; all media related topics.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... 0&ito=1490

Brief synopsis: "Empire" (a cable TV show about hip hop music producers or something) actor Jussie Smollett claimed he was attacked by two white men wearing MAGA hats who shouted "this is MAGA country", wrapped a noose around his neck, poured bleach on him, broke his ribs and then let him go without taking his subway sandwich.

There were so many inconsistencies in his story that I don't know if I can be bothered to list them all. This happened in Chicago, white supremacists probably aren't hunting for black people in a liberal city with a large black population while in freezing cold weather (and bleach freezes at a higher temperature than water)... long story short, Jussie initially refused to turn over his phone call records (he claimed he was on the phone when the attack occurred, so it was relevant). So the police got the records from another source. When Jussie later supplied his call logs in .pdf form (which would be easy for him to edit) the police compared it to the official call logs, saw that Jussie had taken some calls out of his record, then they questioned those people. It turns out he was "attacked" by two men from Nigeria that he paid to attack him as part of his hoax.

What's amazing about this is that most mainstream Democrat politicians made a huge deal out of it. A law making lynching a federal crime was passed (although Jussie was ineffectively lynched by a clothesline the Nigerians apparently bought from Crafty Beaver Hardware), people have been crying non-stop on television blaming Trump for the attack for a month and Twitter was being Twitter. Now that it's turned out to be a hoax (this is the third or fourth non-starter for the Potemkin MSM this year and we're only in February) the story may be disappearing soon. Jussie has hired one of the top defense lawyers in the country though so it might be going on for awhile.

Perhaps the best comment I've observed about this is "why do some people wish that other people were getting attacked?"
The fake news media was ready to pounce on this story, but some things seemed out of place. Apparently, according to CBS News, it seems Jussie Smollet may have paid two Nigerian brothers to stage a phony anti-homosexual attack on him that was intended to have the public believe that a bunch of Trump supporters had attacked him, when instead he had staged the whole thing himself.

Brothers say Jussie Smollett paid them to participate in alleged attack, source says

The two Nigerian brothers arrested in connection with the assault on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett are no longer suspects in the attack. They're now cooperating with police.

A source close to the investigation confirms
to CBS News the brothers told detectives Smollett paid them to participate in the alleged attack on January 29 and that they purchased the rope — which was found around Smollett's neck — at a nearby hardware store. The source said detectives have evidence to corroborate the sale, something the men's attorney alluded to Friday night.

Well, well, well... it seems there is little Trump detractors will not do in order to support their phony "Trump is a racist, sexist, homophobe" narrative with evidence the manufacture themselves. Too bad security cameras screwed up the alleged crime for Smollett. He may be facing criminal charges now.
All the leftists that were all about the idea that white police officers were shooting black people with impunity are strangely silent when someone stages a criminal hoax to slander an entire class of voter. Likewise, the establishment does not seem to understand why it is becoming universally despised.

I wonder what other phony anti-Trump hoax they will come up with next...
blackjack21 wrote:I wonder what other phony anti-Trump hoax they will come up with next...

If Mueller's report really does do nothing against Trump, which is what many signs suggest, we can expect a number of things to happen:

(1) Somebody shoots a lion or something and it turns out it had a cute name.
(2) An airplane crashes somewhere and CNN covers it for the next couple months.
(3) Racist thing happens.
(4) They discover some new (old) thing that Trump did which makes him look racist.

It'll be a crazy month in the media...
blackjack21 wrote:All the leftists that were all about the idea that white police officers were shooting black people with impunity are strangely silent when someone stages a criminal hoax to slander an entire class of voter. Likewise, the establishment does not seem to understand why it is becoming universally despised.

I wonder what other phony anti-Trump hoax they will come up with next...

Give them time, they're getting more hysterical and more desperate as time goes on. It's quite amusing to see, actually, until someone gets hurt.

There will be blood, and they'll shed it first i'm sure.
Godstud wrote:It hasn't gone away.

It's not an MSM hoax, either. They seem to be reporting the facts on this.

Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/16/ente ... index.html

Considering the huge numbers of inconsistencies in Mr. Smollett's story right from the start, yet the MSM chose to breathlessly cover it, often treating it as if it was proven, I do think that much of the MSM is complicit in the hoax.
It probably appeared true at the start. That's more on the guy who deceived the media and not actually MSM's fault. nice try, though.
:D

They ARE reporting it, however, and they are reporting facts, as they get them. That's what media has always done.
Godstud wrote:It hasn't gone away.

It's not an MSM hoax, either. They seem to be reporting the facts on this.

Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/02/16/ente ... index.html

The media outcry got the Senate to pass an anti-lynching measure, making it a "hate crime" as if being charged with a capital offense that carries the death sentence isn't enough. Virtue signaling is a time waster, and a distraction from the real issues of the day. Lynching isn't exactly a problem these days.

Hong Wu wrote:Considering the huge numbers of inconsistencies in Mr. Smollett's story right from the start, yet the MSM chose to breathlessly cover it, often treating it as if it was proven, I do think that much of the MSM is complicit in the hoax.

Clearly, they wanted the story to be true and weren't any more careful about fact checking than they were in the Covington case. The fact that people are making up hate crimes by people wearing MAGA hats suggests that there is some political motivation behind this stuff.

Godstud wrote:That's what media has always done.

Really? I'll have to remember that the media never lies or exaggerates anything. :roll:
@Crantag the only way you could have not heard about this is if you don't watch/read American news or social media.

Updates: police searched his home, he's hired the lawyer who "defended" Michael Cohen (got him to plead guilty to things that weren't crimes) and has hired the PR firm that handled Harvey Weinstein's #MeToo issues. Smollett was also on the phone with Don Lemon of CNN shortly after the attack, this suggests that Smollett went straight to CNN for some reason...

My take: I wonder how he can afford to hire someone who describes himself as the premier criminal defense attorney in the country and such a high profile PR firm, not to mention why he would shell out this much cash if he believes in his own innocence? My guess is that he's not paying for this stuff himself. A lot of people invested in his story, including Kamala Harris who may be the current Democratic frontrunner and this means that powerful people have an interest in his defense going well.
We aren't even two months into the year and this is like the third or fourth hate hoax that has blown up in the establishment left's face. The first one I can remember having been the Jazmine Barns incident. Why do they keep doing this?

In light of recent developments, just look at some of the stupid articles that were written since Jan 30:

Anti-LGBTQ attacks against high-profile queer Americans should be a wake-up call to everyone. The community has been struggling with increasing violence for years, and two recent attacks show that none of us is safe."

Jussie Smollett Gives First Interview Since Attack: 'I Want a Little Gay Boy to See That I Fought Fucking Back'

Jussie Smollett Gives First Performance Since Attack: 'Now Is the Time. Be Blacker, Be Gayer'

If Obama had a son, he would look like Jussie Smollett, not Trayvon Martin.

By the way, Black Twitter is outraged over this shit show and is accusing Smollett of trying to attach the "white LGBT agenda" to black causes LOL

If we had a real media, they would be asking Kamala Harris some tough questions instead of propelling her into frontrunner status.

Embarrassment for 2020 Democrats after Jussie Smollett attack story unravels

Democratic presidential candidates jockeying for position in 2020 had a lot to say when actor Jussie Smollett said he was attacked in Chicago by two white men who shouted racist and homophobic slurs as they beat him.

But they were silent on Saturday, when law enforcement sources said that Chicago Police believed "Empire" star Smollett, 36, who is gay, paid two black men to set up the assault. Police arrested the men, who are brothers from Nigeria, on Wednesday but released them Friday after discovering "new evidence."

A Chicago police spokesman said: "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation." He added that police wanted to speak to Smollett again.

When news of the "attack" broke last month, Democratic presidential contenders clamored to denounce it as a horrific manifestation of racism and bigotry in America.

Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., called it a “modern-day lynching.”

The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching. I'm glad he's safe.

To those in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill designating lynching as a federal hate crime– I urge you to pay attention. https://t.co/EwXFxl5f2m
— Cory Booker (@CoryBooker) January 29, 2019

“No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin,” said Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.

.@JussieSmollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery.

This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate.
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 29, 2019

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., called the incident “a sickening and outrageous attack, and horribly, it's the latest of too many hate crimes against LGBTQ people and people of color.”

This is a sickening and outrageous attack, and horribly, it's the latest of too many hate crimes against LGBTQ people and people of color. We are all responsible for condemning this behavior and every person who enables or normalizes it. Praying for Jussie and his family. https://t.co/eylvxhLT0u
— Kirsten Gillibrand (@SenGillibrand) January 29, 2019

Asked about the incident, President Trump also condemned it, saying “it’s horrible,” and “It doesn’t get worse.”

Smollett said his attackers were white and that his story would not have been doubted if an attacker had been "a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black." He stated that they had punched and kicked him, abused him with homophobic epithets and shouted: "This is MAGA country."

The actor claimed that the men placed a rope around his neck and threw bleach at him from a hot sauce bottle. Police seized bottles of bleach, a red hat, laptops, and an "Empire" script from the home of the brothers.

LA Street Artist Takes Aim At Jussie Smollett With Spoof Movie Posters

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – Conservative street artist “Sabo” took a shot at the veracity of Jussie Smollett’s claim that he was attacked in Chicago by posting fake movie posters Monday across L.A. mocking the “Empire” actor.

Sabo purportedly created the parody posters as a spoof of the Oscar-nominated movies “BlacKkKlansman” and “Black Panther.”

Over the past few years, Sabo has been responsible for repeatedly posting fake posters and altering billboards around L.A. in political and social protest. In January, he posted about 20 fake posters around Hollywood with the phrase “The Oscars Have No Hart,” a reference to comedian Kevin Hart’s decision not to host the upcoming ceremony over controversy regarding homophobic comments he made several years ago.
By Hong Wu
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... on-n972906

After a certain Smollett smote Kamala and Corey's campaigns (Jussie was out campaigning with Kamala, then he was "attacked" right before her anti-lynching bill came up for a vote -- lots of people are finding this suspicious) it may have occurred to Bernie that there was no one around to competently lose to Trump by pushing the Democrats into the far left in 2020, so now he's announced his 2020 run. Epic!

Corey's and Bernie's faces in this video are especially funny.
By Rancid
As much as I like Bernie, I think he will once again fracture the Democrats and thus get Trump elected again. :hmm:
Hong Wu wrote:After a certain Smollett smote Kamala and Corey's campaigns (Jussie was out campaigning with Kamala, then he was "attacked" right before her anti-lynching bill came up for a vote -- lots of people are finding this suspicious)

:lol:

Reports that Jussie Smollett staged an attack on himself in which he alleges two masked men put a rope around his neck, threw a chemical on him, and shouted “This is MAGA country!” remain unproven, however his screen time on Empire is being slashed as suspicions deepen.

Producers on the show are apparently circling the wagons following CBS Chicago’s bombshell report that Smollett allegedly paid two brothers $3,500 to stage the assault. The men claimed the actor told them to buy the rope and that he paid for it, the report said. Smollett and the brothers even rehearsed the incident, they allegedly told police.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jussie-sm ... ions-mount

If that ain't a case of some serious Trump Derangement Syndrome, I don't know what is. Its so fucked up it might actually require some clinical investigation for treatment options. Like seriously.....

Hong Wu wrote:it may have occurred to Bernie that there was no one around to competently lose to Trump by pushing the Democrats into the far left in 2020, so now he's announced his 2020 run. Epic!

:lol:

I bet the media even regards him as the front-runner at this point :lol: Meanwhile, the semi-sensible Andrew Yang has been buried by the media. The DNC and MSM are positioning themselves for a repeat of the ass-kicking they got in 2016 because they have once again associated their own urban values and that of the millennial DNC constituency with that of the heartland and the average joe and they have gone through great lengths to stifle and silence any alternative voices from within (Yang, Gabbard, etc).

At this point, unless Biden enters, I see no one standing a chance in the primary.
Man, this guy really, I mean really fucked things up big time for the establishment.

The most popular credible conspiracy theory that has come out of this is that Corey Booker and Kamala Harris may have actually had something to do with all of this. And someone in the media actually did end up asking her about her previous comments, not being involved though.

Not only that but the incident has upset just about everyone from every sector of the already fragmented left.

It's also interesting how certain media outlets are covering this. Most of the media are kind of treating it like a clickbait story and it's over saturated on a good number of mainstream and tabloid sites.

I noticed that one very influential website that had been driving this story really hard has not updated the story once since February 16.

Here's the Huffington Post archive of Jussie Smollett articles. Notice that they had written one article every day since the story broke and then, radio silence. I've noticed a number of other ideologically similar sites that have done the same thing.

Cardi B Says Jussie Smollett Ruined Black History Month, Gave Donald Trump ‘Immunity’

Cardi B just went off on Jussie Smollett, claiming the “Empire” star single handedly “f*cked up” Black History Month.

The “I Like It” singer just went on social media and ripped Smollett for allegedly ruining February, all while polishing off a few lobster tails.

“I’m really disappointed in Jussie Smollett, or whatever the f*ck his name is,” Cardi began, adding, “I feel like he f*cked up Black History Month, bro.”

The rapper admits she’s reserving complete judgement until Smollett tells the whole story, but says if it was all a lie, “then bro, you f*cked up for real.”

Cardi also thinks Smollett’s allegedly fabricated story will be fodder for President Donald Trump and his supporters, explaining, “You got Donald Trump immunity to f*cking laugh and make motherf*ckers look bad.”

Perhaps the only thing more entertaining than Cardi lashing out, is watching her expertly smash lobster tails without messing up her manicure.

Cardi’s not the only celeb clowning on Smollett, as Snoop Dogg jumped into the mix Monday afternoon with a photoshopped image of Smollett as O.J. Simpson during the infamous Bronco chase.

Sounds like a grand jury is being convened. There's no clear explanation of how this goes away.

The Nigerian bros. have said that they're innocent, not homophobic, not anti-Trump. Smollett says he was attacked. Surely, either he or them has done something illegal at this point and it'll be baffling if it goes away legally.

Even if it doesn't get past the grand jury, which seems unlikely after Smollett lawyered up, the fact that Smollett said he was attacked by white dudes and he was actually quasi-attacked by black dudes he knows would just grow the conspiracy theory; there's no way to explain it and everyone knows it, even the other celebs.

This is also bad for the entire #MeToo related dialogue. The far left has been pushing the idea that people don't deserve a right to defend themselves from accusations and that would have been relevant here had this not been so fake that even they have had to backtrack on it. And the million pictures of Smollett looking smug out there aren't helping either. Narrative building for leftist totalitarianism has been dealt a serious blow.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]

Starlink satellites are designed to deorbit and bu[…]