Dog lovers damage the planet - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15060814
@Red Rackham

Sorry, I stopped reading once I realised it was not about the topic.

Please let me know if you wish to discuss the environmental impacts of pets, or overpopulation. Thanks.

@Finfinder

Yes, you made some vague allusions to taxation being the ultimate goal.

Do you have evidence to support your claim?
#15060818
Robert Urbanek wrote:We don’t necessarily need government policy on pets, just education. Knowing about the environmental impact of a pet may prompt a person to forgo acquiring a dog or cat. It’s a situation like the growing movement away from eating meat: it’s education, not policy, that is driving the change in behavior.

Dog ownership also bring harm to the social environment of parks and city sidewalks.

Sure, your cute little police-trained German Shepherds are nice to you (what choice do they have if they want to eat), but the same zombie-stuffed-animal-GMOs can be terrifying to children, loud and obnoxious if they bark constantly (noise pollution) and they also give a Medium-Security feel to public parks. Instead of enjoying nature, you are forced to defend yourself against anti-social humans (dog-owners often hate other humans) and their easily triggered slaves.

My sister was maulled by a dog when she was four, and has never gotten over her fear. I was beside her, and a little older, so while I don't live with the traumau, I saw what it did to her.

Stuffed animals that terrorize other people - the perfect slaves for assholes.
#15060819
Also, the thread so far:

Robert Urbanek: Well articulated criticism of dog ownership

Other posters: Waaaah! I wuv my doggie! Bad boy!! Waaah!!
#15060830
Red Rackham wrote:Excellent, typical response from an outraged lefty who realises he's pissing into the wind ;)


Are you referring to me?

If so, how am I incorrect in anything I have claimed?
#15060834
I hear on the news every day about shootings and stabbings particularly in wonderfully diverse and multicultural areas... probably a coincidence, however. To date I've never heard of a dog, any breed of dog, that instinctively acts like a vicious chav, unless of course the dog is owned by a vicious chav. And that makes all the difference. Regardless of breed dogs are wonderful creatures they just want to give, even a rescue dog that has been beaten or starved to near death will still give his all for his new family. Unlike people, dogs just want to please.
#15060835
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you referring to me?

If so, how am I incorrect in anything I have claimed?


Listen dog, I know we havent been formally introduced, but may I call you, pants?..
#15060836
QatzelOk wrote:Also, the thread so far:

Robert Urbanek: Well articulated criticism of dog ownership

Other posters: Waaaah! I wuv my doggie! Bad boy!! Waaah!!


Tbf it sounds as if you have run out of Ritalin?.. Come on get a grip ffs.
#15060837
Red Rackham wrote:Listen dog, I know we havent been formally introduced, but may I call you, pants?..


People here call me Pants, POD, and other variations. I do not care.

Anyway, do you have any criticism about any of my claims or any argument about climate change?
#15060854
QatzelOk wrote:Robert Urbanek: Well articulated criticism of dog ownership

Other posters: Waaaah! I wuv my doggie! Bad boy!! Waaah!!
A childishly irrelevant and melodramatic post. Again, you insult others because you have no argument. This is very typical of your posts, that are often devoid of reason and logic.

:O
#15060891
Dogs in city parks, for those that are really there to relax and enjoy nature and the company of other humans, provide danger, noise, and public urination.

For young children, dogs can represent enough terror in a park to make them not want to go outside.

Of course, when you own a slave (or dog), it can become a big part of your powerful self-image because people 'seem' to respect you more - though it's really fear. You might as well be carrying a lovable AK-47.
#15060899
QatzelOk wrote:Dogs in city parks, for those that are really there to relax and enjoy nature and the company of other humans, provide danger, noise, and public urination.

What noise??
Very few of the dogs we meet in a public place bark. Ours doesn't at all.
#15060904
@QatzelOk is simply a hipster when it comes to hating everything that other people like. If we were discussing children, he'd be telling us about how they should be put down, because they have a large carbon footprint. :knife:
#15060909
There is no point debating about whether people should or should not have pets. The “no pets” side is doomed to failure.

It makes more sense to look at ways we can keep our pets while negating their carbon footprint. Much like we want to keep our standard of living while getting rid of the associated pollution.
#15060910
Pants-of-dog wrote:
There is no point debating about whether people should or should not have pets. The “no pets” side is doomed to failure.

It makes more sense to look at ways we can keep our pets while negating their carbon footprint. Much like we want to keep our standard of living while getting rid of the associated pollution.



It's a strawman argument.

Which means it's a distraction, and so many of us are positively grateful for that distraction.
  • 1
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 14

Naw, what you are saying is obvious, I even put p[…]

A brief impression I’ve taken from Soloviev is th[…]

Perfect storm?

No, the talented merely have advantages , which […]

How much do the Chinese pay you to post? Pr[…]