It's worse than you think - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By late
"Published in the journal Nature Climate Change, the study modelled global land and ocean temperatures and rainfall for the past 21,000 years...

The study then examined the impact of adding greenhouse gases to the atmosphere under two scenarios – one considered to represent very high emissions and another with much lower levels of emissions.

Prof Bill Laurance, director of James Cook University’s centre for tropical environmental and sustainability science, who was not involved in the study, said it was “the scariest paper that I’ve read in the last couple of years”.

He said: “The idea that our global biodiversity hotspots – Earth’s most critical real-estate for saving nature – will be intensely vulnerable to future climate change is enough to scare the bejesus out of anyone with a lick of common sense."

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... tudy-finds
Zionist Nationalist wrote:I dont buy this apocalyptic bullshit
That's because you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

Godstud wrote:That's because you suffer from cognitive dissonance.

You realize that Bill Nye is NOT a scientist right?
:roll: Yes, I do, aside from his Honourary Doctorate, but he's not wrong. Even if he was a scientist, that wouldn't stop you from arguing against the science, would it?
Last edited by Godstud on 04 Feb 2020 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
By late
blackjack21 wrote:
You realize that Bill Nye is NOT a scientist right?

He's not questioning the science, silly wabbit, he's talking about you.
By late
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
No I dont. I have critical thinking and I dont buy into MSM bullshit

You don't get to determine what science is.

That's what scientists do.

Consensus was reached (in the field of climate science) over 20 years ago. Things since then have only reinforced that conclusion.

Which is to say that denial went to kook town 20 years ago. Now it's batshit crazy.
late wrote:You don't get to determine what science is.

That's what scientists do.

Consensus was reached (in the field of climate science) over 20 years ago. Things since then have only reinforced that conclusion.

Which is to say that denial went to kook town 20 years ago. Now it's batshit crazy.

The media is biased everyone has their own agenda

so I find it hard to trust the MSM or anyone generally in this day and age
By late
Zionist Nationalist wrote:
The media is biased everyone has their own agenda

so I find it hard to trust the MSM or anyone generally in this day and age

Warming was first noticed way back in the 1970s. Subsequent research slowly nailed down what was happening. Scientific consensus was reached over 20 years ago.

Your excuse is brain dead.
Right wingers such as @Sivad and @Zionist Nationalist use “alternative facts” and their own feelings.

I blame Limbaugh, Breitbart, and other right wing sources who perpetuate the myth that the media is out to get them.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Right wingers use “alternative facts” and their own feelings.

I blame Limbaugh, Breitbart, and other right wing sources who perpetuate the myth that the media is out to get them.

If they gonna believe it, even though there's no one to influence them, they will say it themselves.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Right wingers such as @Sivad and @Zionist Nationalist use “alternative facts” and their own feelings.

How many genders are there today POD? :p
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am happy to look at peer reviewed articles written by professionals with higher education in gender studies and accept their findings.

Are you?

The true answer is 2. :)
Pants-of-dog wrote:....says the person who ignored the science of gender and social constructs.

Outright lying is not "science"; it is pretty much the opposite actually. But that question is a pretty good litmus test for rapidly assessing whether a person is credible or not. Ask them how many genders there are. You get any answer other than the obvious and you know you are dealing with a dupe, a mental incompetent or a liar, none of whom could possibly be credible. It is a sad thing about our times that such a simple question should actually be useful.
So you are dismissing the actual science done by scientists as "lies" while simultaneously accusing others of being anti-science.

:lol:

If you actually want to know what the science says about how many gender forms are theoretically and physiologically possible, here is a link to an actual study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... o=0.625000
Last edited by Pants-of-dog on 04 Feb 2020 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Settlement program is an example of slow ethn[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]