Event Horizon and Deepwater Horizon - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The 1997 British science fiction film Event Horizon predicted the April 2010 British Petroleum oil spill at the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

Deepwater Horizon brought death and chaos when it probed the depths of the ocean. In the movie, the spaceship Event Horizon returned with a dead crew from a realm of chaos after probing the depths of space.

The US Coast Guard came to the rescue in the Deepwater Horizon disaster. In Event Horizon, the crew of the rescue ship Lewis and Clark wear uniforms with modified US Coast Guard insignia. The sailing ship in the center of the mission patch is a US Coast Guard cutter.

The BP logo has an 18-point floral design similar to the 18-spike Event Horizon gravity drive. When the gravity drive is activated, it creates a surface that, when breached, looks like a pool of oil.

A rescue crew member, possessed by a demonic spirit lurking on Event Horizon, tries to return the spaceship to the chaotic realm. Oil company executives, possessed by greed, continue to pursue deep-water drilling. Like the movie Event Horizon, the horror of Deepwater Horizon was “scripted.” There is story in history.

You're really stretching, here. :lol: I am sure in almost any movie, if you look and wish hard enough, as well as have a big enough imagination, you can make them say anything you like.

Idiocracy predicted Trump.
Godstud wrote:
You're really stretching, here.

You may have just achieved infinite understatement.

Event Horizon was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's the kind of movie that makes you want to jam a RotoRooter up your nose to remove the memory.
Event Horizon started out good enough, but then when you discovered that it found Hell, it just got plain stupid. 7/10 for the 1st half. 3/10 for the last 1/2. 5/10 overall.

Making a link to Deepwater Horizon, likely because of the name, = :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr Urbanek, you should watch the Back to the Future movies. Should keep you entertained for a long while :D
Event Horizon made me want to shove a RotoRooter up my nose to obliterate the memory of that piece of feces.

Urbie, if you want to connect two things, they really ought to have something in common, and they just don't.
late wrote:Event Horizon made me want to shove a RotoRooter up my nose to obliterate the memory of that piece of feces.

Urbie, if you want to connect two things, they really ought to have something in common, and they just don't.

Let me expand on the connection:

The spiked orb of the gravity drive and the spiked orb of the BP logo: omens of the spiked orbs that would fill the lungs of humanity, punishment for their sins against the planet.

Deepwater Horizon was a sin against the planet and the spiked orbs predicted the punishment.
Robert Urbanek wrote:
Let me expand on the connection:

The spiked orb of the gravity drive and the spiked orb of the BP logo: omens of the spiked orbs that would fill the lungs of humanity, punishment for their sins against the planet.

Deepwater Horizon was a sin against the planet and the spiked orbs predicted the punishment.

Sorry, I forgot your grasp on reality is tenuous in the extreme.
Robert Urbanek wrote:The 1997 British science fiction film Event Horizon predicted the April 2010 British Petroleum oil spill at the Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

Deepwater Horizon brought death and chaos when it probed the depths of the ocean. In the movie, the spaceship Event Horizon returned with a dead crew from a realm of chaos after probing the depths of space.

The US Coast Guard came to the rescue in the Deepwater Horizon disaster. In Event Horizon, the crew of the rescue ship Lewis and Clark wear uniforms with modified US Coast Guard insignia. The sailing ship in the center of the mission patch is a US Coast Guard cutter.

The BP logo has an 18-point floral design similar to the 18-spike Event Horizon gravity drive. When the gravity drive is activated, it creates a surface that, when breached, looks like a pool of oil.

A rescue crew member, possessed by a demonic spirit lurking on Event Horizon, tries to return the spaceship to the chaotic realm. Oil company executives, possessed by greed, continue to pursue deep-water drilling. Like the movie Event Horizon, the horror of Deepwater Horizon was “scripted.” There is story in history.

Well it seems that sometimes movies take over peoples minds
Brandenski wrote:Well it seems that sometimes movies take over peoples minds
:roll: You must be a parody account. You are saying really stupid things.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That is irrelevant. Hardly. All you are […]

The young need to be scared into some kind of mor[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]