I was lucky ....... Very lucky - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Tainari88 wrote:My question to the future of the human race? Are we going to be speaking English in space only? Because there are a lot of people in my neighborhood here in Merida that think living in space should be in Spanish and Mayan. The true space like language....

Uxmal it does look space-like:

Build the ancient buildings in other planets. It is all good. :D

Star Wars.... :eek:
Crantag wrote:I graduated in 2007. There were no jobs. People told me I'd best go down to McDonald's or 711 to get a job. But they weren't hiring in my town.

You are a brilliant man Crantag and can do many jobs. Think about what you would love to do and find a way of making it happen.

I am retired but it looks like everyone here wants me to teach and translate, open a small restaurant and run a bed and breakfast. I got two of the three things running now. I just need the restaurant and that is it. Independent income for the rest of my life. You got to expect to have obstacles and come up with creative solutions. Things are tough in the job markets all over the world with this pandemic crap.
Potemkin wrote:Star Wars.... :eek:

I don't know how anyone in their right mind who visits these sites and understands Mayan and studies the culture in depth can even remotely think that the Mayans were some primitive people and were inferior to the Spanish at the time. Only complete ignorants can even suggest such a thing Potemkin. But racist people who have to insist on how superior the Roman Catholic Spanish ex warrior class looking for gold and land are somehow magically morally superior. The Spanish were burning people at the stake alive if they did not answer the Spanish Inquisition properly. Torturing innocent women, children, and men if they did not obey those crazy fanatical priests in Spain. But somehow the Mayans were bloodthirsty people with abnormal rituals. Yeah, whatever...the Roman Caesars were nailing people to the cross and sticking nails in people's wrists and whipping them with whips with metal spikes made to rip your flesh off your bones. Sure are nice guys the Romans....the Europeans with the 'superior' ideas of humanity. A bunch of lack of objectivity is what people have in regards to Mesoamerican civvies Potemkin.
Tainari88 wrote:I don't know how anyone in their right mind who visits these sites and understands Mayan and studies the culture in depth can even remotely think that the Mayans were some primitive people and were inferior to the Spanish at the time. Only complete ignorants can even suggest such a thing Potemkin. But racist people who have to insist on how superior the Roman Catholic Spanish ex warrior class looking for gold and land are somehow magically morally superior. The Spanish were burning people at the stake alive if they did not answer the Spanish Inquisition properly. Torturing innocent women, children, and men if they did not obey those crazy fanatical priests in Spain. But somehow the Mayans were bloodthirsty people with abnormal rituals. Yeah, whatever...the Roman Caesars were nailing people to the cross and sticking nails in people's wrists and whipping them with whips with metal spikes made to rip your flesh off your bones. Sure are nice guys the Romans....the Europeans with the 'superior' ideas of humanity. A bunch of lack of objectivity is what people have in regards to Mesoamerican civvies Potemkin.

Both the Maya and the Europeans were human beings, @Tainari88 - which is to say, they fought each other for glory, for access to resources, for gold, or sometimes just for the hell of it. The Maya were no worse and no better than the Europeans in this respect. And the fate of their civilisation is a warning to us now. We too will suffer the same fate if we do not wake up in time.
@Tainari88

I doubt it Tainari. Russians are there in space too speaking Russian. We just launched a Japanese citizen into space aboard one of our rockets and a Latino back in the 80s during the Shuttle missions has already been to space. He regarded himself as a "citizen of the world" first.
Potemkin wrote:Both the Maya and the Europeans were human beings, @Tainari88 - which is to say, they fought each other for glory, for access to resources, for gold, or sometimes just for the hell of it. The Maya were no worse and no better than the Europeans in this respect. And the fate of their civilisation is a warning to us now. We too will suffer the same fate if we do not wake up in time.

Quite true my beloved Potemkin.

Well, I consider myself lucky. I got tons of help cleaning my house, fixing my garden and feeding my son. Since I injured myself the troops were sent in and the Yucatecans did everything for me. I am lucky.

I can rest my bum leg now Potemkin. I am lucky.

BTW, I got an English family that have never been to Mexico before in their lives staying for a month in January. From some place called St Albans? They want to stay in my place because it looks beautiful. I want to do a tourism suggestion thing for them. Uxmal, Mayapan, and everything else. Plus the cenote tour and a restaurant featured on Netflix called Manjar Blanco. It is delicious. I ate there last week! The owner's kids are grown up now and went to the same school as my son. She gave me her business card and I will tell the English guests to go there for authentic world's best Yucatecan cuisine.

English people. Finally Potemkin! The New Zealanders were GREAT guests. See how these turn out eh?

;)
Politics_Observer wrote:@Tainari88

I doubt it Tainari. Russians are there in space too speaking Russian. We just launched a Japanese citizen into space aboard one of our rockets and a Latino back in the 80s during the Shuttle missions has already been to space. He regarded himself as a "citizen of the world" first.

I saw some kind of really good show with Hillary Swank. I forgot the name of it. I think the name of the show was?--Away. I loved it. Great show about Mars exploration. I love science fiction.
Tainari88 wrote:@Potemkin I love my mother and I's old university. UPR....Rio Piedras. Look how cute this is:

Wow! That's an awesome university @Tainari88! You must be very proud to have studied there.

It has already been explained that this type of c[…]

For me Republicanism is masculine and monarchism i[…]

Please provide it again. You have no problem aski[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]