"Whether we like it or not" - Page 43 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Truth To Power wrote:The fact that they use heat exchangers without venting shows the greenhouses are not airtight

How does it show that? Cool temperatures cause air pressure to drop. When gas molecules cool, they move more slowly. Decreased velocity results in fewer collisions between molecules, and air pressure decreases.

:)
It seems that these greenhouses are vented, but mechanically. And all the air that is vented out must first pass through several filters, like air going in.
Pants-of-dog wrote:It seems that these greenhouses are vented

Not this one.

4. RETAIN ENERGY, CONTROL COST
With no need to vent to the outside atmosphere, we can retain any of the heat (solar or direct) required. As economic and environmental considerations become more acute, we can lower heating or cooling costs by limiting direct or conductive heat gain or loss by thermally isolating the greenhouse’s structural elements from the outside environment. These operational cost savings can be upwards of the 40%-60% range, depending on the geographic location.

“Why lose 21°C C air to a -40°C environment or have a 52°C environment hammer your plants?”

— B W Global Greenhouse Technologies

* My emphasis

:)
Pants-of-dog wrote:...that heat goes to heat the cool glass roof. This cools the air, and then the air descends, which means the convection is bot blocked.

All of this is irrelevant.

It really is, isn't it.

Unless you're in the construction or hydroponic fields.

HOW TO BUILD A GREENHOUSE (with pix)

If anyone needs hand-tools to build their greenhouse, I have some I don't mind lending. Anything to keep your suburban subdivisions quiet so that the isolated suburban people living there don't go insane.
@QatzelOk

Many of us are in those fields, and a strong understanding of heat transfer is essential.

This is especially true when trying to reduce energy consumption.

Yes, talking about why more attic insulation is good for the environment is not as cool as massive geo-engineering projects, or yelling at imaginary suburbanites, but in terms of negawatts earned, it helps far more.
Pants-of-dog wrote:... talking about why more attic insulation is good for the environment is not as cool as massive geo-engineering projects, or yelling at imaginary suburbanites, but in terms of negawatts earned, it helps far more.

This depends.

If while "talking about attic insulation," you're also driving massive vehicles to sprawled out suburbs... then talking about attic insulation is *a fun diversion* and not a useful subject for protecting the environment against human predation.

Don't forget that a huge part of human predation is "spin" and "narrative."
@QatzelOk

No.

Reducing energy in one place is still significant even if one is a complete hypocrite and wasteful of energy in every other aspect of their life.

But since I do not drive or own a motor vehicle, I am not even guilty of this imagined hypocrisy.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@QatzelOk

No.

Reducing energy in one place is still significant even if one is a complete hypocrite and wasteful of energy in every other aspect of their life.

In that case, I will drink low-calorie cola drinks with my seven daily poutines. This will help me lose weight? Or maybe it's the better of two evils?

Or at least, it will put a lot of money into the hands of Coca Cola - despite their contribution to world obesity...

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

You Zionists just can't stop lying can you. It wa[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]