This is What Soldiering is All About - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

This dude is the epitome of a soldier. One awesome dude. Recent wars had several guys like this. Proud of him. I agree with him. Love the Marine Corps commercial of a guy climbing a mountain and slaying a dragon and snapping around and having a Marine Corps uniform on.

This is my favorite Marine Corps commercial highlighting the virtues, values, valor and honor of the warrior. To me that would mean upholding and defending the virtues and values of freedom, justice and democracy.

@ingliz

Training and discipline is very important. If you are not trained and you come under fire you are more likely to freeze up instead of react appropriately. That being said, fighting from the heart is also important too.
@Politics_Observer

"the virtues, values, valor, and honor of the warrior."

I know you cannot understand my indifference to your Boy's Own tales of derring-do. But for me soldiering was only ever a job. I never found the need to romanticize what was at 'bottom killing for pay or justify what I did with high-flown phrases.

I confess I find that all rather silly.
@ingliz

Actually, I think I do understand your indifference. You mentioned that the military services you served under evaluated you as psychopathic. This is not your fault and you were likely born this way (or had a rough childhood). It also doesn't make you a criminal. You meet a few psychopathic people in the military services here in the United States too (and you meet them in the corporate world too or really, in every day society).

But again, that doesn't make you bad or a criminal. It's just the way some peoples biology is hardwired when they were born in many cases. Most are not psychopathic in the military services, but there are a few here and there. Psychopathic people are indifferent and can be cold and calculating. Whereas, those who are not psychopathic have more heart and feeling. Trying to train a psychopath to have feelings or empathy for others is like trying to train a cat to be a mouse.

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]