Ottoman Genocide 1913-1923 Documentary - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The First World War (1914-1918).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.

Documentary detailing the genocides committed by the Ottoman state before and during WW1 and by the newly-found Turkish state after WW1.
noemon wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwZw9tlmuWw

Documentary detailing the genocides committed by the Ottoman state before and during WW1 and by the newly-found Turkish state after WW1.

I read up on that about 10 years ago. It horrified me. I saw women with their long beautiful hair crucified and tortured. Children bayoneted. It was so terrible I had to take time to get over it. Someone posted in here about it and it was so graphic I was upset for a while.

I can't see a lot of that stuff Noemon. It bothers me that humans can be that cruel to each other. How can you go and crucify some woman and let her die in agony because she is what? Armenian? It is horrific.
The late Ottoman genocides started earlier than 1913. For example, the Hamidian massacres occurred about 20 years earlier, and claimed hundreds of thousands of lives. The long collapse of the Ottoman Empire from the mid-19th century until 1918-21 led to catastrophic human and political consequences, as the ruling elite tried desperately (and futilely) to shore up the collapsing empire.
Potemkin wrote:The late Ottoman genocides started earlier than 1913. For example, the Hamidian massacres occurred about 20 years earlier, and claimed hundreds of thousands of lives. The long collapse of the Ottoman Empire from the mid-19th century until 1918-21 led to catastrophic human and political consequences, as the ruling elite tried desperately (and futilely) to shore up the collapsing empire.

True but that doesn't explain things. Everything has a cause. I advise you to read about how Armenian mobs teamed up with Russians to invade Ottoman lands and their attacks on muslim public. Maybe the sultan had nothing left but to cut it completely. He hired Kurds for those massacres and so-called genocide. That helped Islamization of Turkey.

Later, with foundation of Turkey, Mustafa Kemal changed policy from Islamization to Turkification. Greeks, remaining Armenians and Kurds were all given time to adopt Turkish culture voluntarily. Those who did not adopt faced consequences such as execution and deportation. Those both policies were brutal. But it worked. Turkey is today %80 Turkish and a nation state.

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]