Armor in the Russian Civil War - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I've heard of armor during the civil war and have read upon a variety of sources describing Russian/Soviet tanks of the Civil War (which according to the sources were hampered with poor mechanics, over taxed tranmission, etc...) but I want gather some more from other sources.

Thus, please post on your knowledge of armor during the Russian Civil War.
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
As far as I know...they only had tanks produced in other countries. The first Soviet-made tanks didn't appear until 1926 (although Russia actually made the FIRST tank in history in 1915...)

They had about 100 French FT-17...captured from the "Allies"...and I'v seen pictures of captured British Male and Female tanks as well...though I dont know how many of them they had.
By Kov
My favorite was the good old "Tachanka". Shure it is not armor, but not only does it have some cool songs to go with it, but it is a fairly interesting idea.

A "Tachanka" is simply a horce drawn waggon with a driver, and a gunner that sits in the back with a machinegun. I forget how they where used, but they where a common sight. Furthermore Russian (old and maybe new) has some movies and songs specificaly about them.
By Nucleicacidman
:eek: Gives me the impression of a 1921 version of Black Hawk Down and the war in Somalia, with all those pick up trucks with machineguns in the rear.

Thank you Spetsnaz.
By treat2
Closest thing I can recall was the spkie on the hats. The othr side musta look pretty scary though, in the torn up rags.
World War II Day by Day

June 17, Monday Churchill proclaims the “finest […]

It was a mistake for the usa to enter both of the[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Putin's problem is that any serious peace proposa[…]