Triumph of the Will - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By malachi151
I just got this on DVD, it was recently released with a commentary that runs over the movie (optional). The commentary is excellent. I highly recommend this DVD to everyone, it should be shown in every school.

It also features "Day of Freedom" another Nazi propaganda movie.
By Truth-a-naut
I've seen it and was impressed.

Also for shock value I suggest you watch the Nazi 'documentry' on the Jews.
"The Eternal Jew", if the Discovery channel was anti-semitic it's how a jewish documentry would look.
By SpetsNaz
I saw "Triumph des Willens".... to be honest I was disgusted by it! I wonder why Leni Riefenstahl hasn't been executed with the other nazis in Nürnberg. This woman contributed as much to german propaganda as Josef Goebbels!

But you are right, one should show this film in every school in order to show young people (with a certain background-knowledge) how the nazis tried and managed to influence the german society after the fall of Weimar.
By Der Freiheitsucher
Spetsnaz.lu wrote:This woman contributed as much to german propaganda as Josef Goebbels!

Nope, she didn't.
By malachi151
BTW, there is more than one DVD of this I see. THIS is the one to get:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ance&s=dvd

It is far superior to the other, and IMO I think its about the best that could be done with this, it has commentary and subtitles, all optional, and it has been digitally remastered. I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.
By SpetsNaz
Der Freiheitsucher wrote:
Spetsnaz.lu wrote:This woman contributed as much to german propaganda as Josef Goebbels!

Nope, she didn't.

?? She had the talent to make good films (with an aggressive message), so for me she is one of the main propaganda creators! Ok, her persoun isn't as known as J. Goebbles but anyway, her work was surly as dangerous as thespeeches of the propaganda minister.
By malachi151
Spetsnaz.lu wrote:
Der Freiheitsucher wrote:

Nope, she didn't.

?? She had the talent to make good films (with an aggressive message), so for me she is one of the main propaganda creators! Ok, her persoun isn't as known as J. Goebbles but anyway, her work was surly as dangerous as thespeeches of the propaganda minister.

Except for the fact that Triumph was her only major piece made for the Nazis, and she stopped making Nazi propaganda films after 34. She did a film on the Olympics in Berlin, whcih is non-political, and had to fight against Geobbels to keep the piece of Jesse Ownes in it. Today the best footage fo Jesse Ownes is her footage from the Olympics.
By Jesse
Der Ewige Juden is a remarkably virulent film - I was fortunate to find one with english dubbing, so I was able to follow along. I've yet to find a copy of Triumph des Willens in english or even with subtitles, but the images are powerful enough that they don't even need them, I'd say.
By Milorg
Triumph of the will reminds me of a fox news production.
By U-235
America is the where god would go on vacation.
By Jesse
Fox couldn't do half of what Riefenstahl was capable of crafting.
By Milorg
Jesse wrote:Fox couldn't do half of what Riefenstahl was capable of crafting.

I 'didn't exactly say it as a tribute to Riefenstahl,.. More the other way around really.. ;)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "peace offer" was not "hard&qu[…]

The new laws being proposed by US officials over t[…]

The genocide continues: GENEVA, June 12 (Reute[…]

Well you are showing a lot of ignorance here, sin[…]