Another wacky Soviet military project! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
In early 30's aviation design bureau, lead by K.A.Kalinin, was a well set team capable to solve absolutely new unexpected problems in aircraft design.

Original aircraft design was whole-wood with a 5-spar wing. But it suffered of luck of strength resource, and after long debates K.A.Kalinin decided to switch to whole-metal welded construction with 3-spar wing.

The K-7 was a gigantic elliptical wing of extremely thick airfoil (span 53m, area 452m2) with two triangle section tailbooms, carrying tailfin and tailplane with control mechanics.

Elliptical consoles with 14 fuel tanks were attached to the centroplane. The center was covered with duralumin, consoles with fabric.

I didn't even know this existed! Thats incredible its fricken huge and I used to think the Antonov 225 was big...at first I thought it had to be modern but apparently this was built in 1935? I figured maybe its some near-oribtal Stalin WW3 command center :p but apparently it wasn't. :(
By Thunderhawk
Got a link to stats?
By Ombrageux
Could the thing fly?

You gotta love Soviet technocracy and architecture.

How does it prove genocidal intent again? Also, […]

@Tainari88 There is no guarantee Trump will g[…]

@Potemkin wrote: Popular entertainment panders[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]