Why I Left The Democratic Party - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Drlee wrote:
Among other ways, to justify a staged killing in "self defense".

Yeah, no thanks -- just making a quick quip there, not training to be Kyle Rittenhouse.

Drlee wrote:
Or by taking the gun away from the owner and shooting them with it. Want more?

Nah.
Red_Army wrote:
I also think guns are cool and don't like the democratic party. What confuses me is why you want to vote for Republicans. Are you the CEO of a massive corporation? If not, the republicans are doing their best to fuck you viciously.

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone, but DL is our resident RINO. Sometimes he gets the hair to stand on end, just to stay in practice.
Red_Army wrote:I also think guns are cool and don't like the democratic party. What confuses me is why you want to vote for Republicans. Are you the CEO of a massive corporation? If not, the republicans are doing their best to fuck you viciously.

Like hell. They gave me 2 tax cuts(one from GW Bush and one from Trump) and Bush gave me a tax rebate. They protect my gun rights from Democrat gun grabbers like Joe Biden, Dianne Feinstein and Bill Clinton.
They protect my free speech rights from the Democrats who want to punish anyone who does not agree with them(Like Facebook and Twitter). Joe Biden is destroying the economy and only the GOP can stop him. I also don't like abortions and they are limiting them.
ArthurTandy1 wrote:They protect my free speech rights from the Democrats who want to punish anyone who does not agree with them

Sorry my reason is in some way your opposite.

If I am to support the Republicans and / or Trump, my reason would be that I believe they can punish those whom I think enable Chinese aggression (usually arrogant leftards who happen to make Democrats voice for them).

"Protection of free speech" is a legitimate goal, but I think crediting major political parties of this honour is delusion of grandeur.

EDIT: That goal ultimately needs to be achieved by ourselves.
Last edited by Patrickov on 12 Dec 2021 10:18, edited 2 times in total.
ckaihatsu wrote:Yeah, no thanks -- just making a quick quip there, not training to be Kyle Rittenhouse.

Nah.

Kyle went to Kenosha to visit his Father who lives there. He did not take a gun from home. O hell, there is no point discussing facts with friggin liberals. The evidence in the case was made public and KR was acquitted as he should have been. Those media and politicians who called KR a racist and a white supremacist during and before the trial are gonna be SUED for big bucks, including stupid Joe Biden, MSNBC and CNN.
Patrickov wrote:Sorry my reason is in some way your opposite.

If I am to support the Republicans and / or Trump, my reason would be that I believe they can punish those whom I think enable Chinese aggression (usually arrogant leftards who happen to make Democrats voice for them).

"Protect free speech" is a legitimate goal, but I think granting major political parties this honour is delusion of grandeur.

I don't give a hoot who you support. I am not a recruiter.
ArthurTandy1 wrote:I don't give a hoot who you support. I am not a recruiter.

I just think "this party protects freedom of speech for me" is not a good argument.

If anything you are doing something opposite to a recruiter -- you make people here hate the GOP (and probably want them and their supporters to die) more than they already do.
Patrickov wrote:Sorry my reason is in some way your opposite.

"Protection of free speech" is a legitimate goal, but I think crediting major political parties of this honour is delusion of grandeur.

EDIT: That goal ultimately needs to be achieved by ourselves.

“Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.” - Psalm 146:3-4

Or in this case, put not your trust in political parties.
late wrote:Militias are obsolete, as is the 2nd.

The 2nd Amendment is not obsolete, more like there are too few people know how to use it correctly, e.g. protect people like you and shoot the hell out of the likes of the OP when they are in power (and abuse it).
You just threatened my life so I can shoot you and it is already self defense. It amazes me that the stupid libbies don't even know what the US Constitution says. The Supreme Court ruled in 2005(The Heller Case) that the 2nd amendment gives Americans the right to own personal firearms and they don't need to be part of a militia. I also should say that your grammar and punctuation are atrocious. Did you drop out of school in the 3rd grade? This conversation is over.
This conversation is over.

No its not. When I get back from the clinic I am going to make you look even more foolish than your own words do. That will be fun.
ArthurTandy1 wrote:You just threatened my life so I can shoot you and it is already self defense.

Not really. I have put two conditions: You have to be in power and it has to be known that you are abusing power.

There are at least 10 million people in my timezone qualifying these two condition (and thus justifies being shot) more than you. Chill out.

Or are you telling me that you are actually a corrupt United States official (in state or federal level)?
Drlee wrote:Well son, armed to the teeth or not you are helpless. Your absolute best defense is an orderly society.

I am not your son, asshole. If i were, I would kill myself.

Here is a cold hard fact of life. If a smart person wants to kill you, the fact that you are carrying a gun does not deter him/her at all. In fact, a smart person can use the fact that you are armed to their advantage. Especially now that there is evidence on the internet that you may be "quick on the trigger and suffering unreasonable fears."

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say.

I am sorry that you think that "crime is rampant". It has actually been falling for some time now. Unreasonable fears.

That is A LIE.

Finally, the democrats are not the enemy of gun owners. Irresponsible gun owners like the parents of the recent school shooter, and criminals in possession of guns are.

If a smart person wanted to be certain that he/she would always be allowed to own and carry a firearm he/she would be the first to want to ensure that irresponsible, untrained or criminal people do not have access to firearms. Instead what we have are a bunch of unintelligent gun-nuts ensuring that criminals and irresponsible people have unfettered access to firearms in the idiotic notion that laws which seek to prevent criminals from possessing guns are a "slippery slope".

There is probably not a greater aggregation of dangerously foolish people acting against their own interest than gun owners.

I admit to being a gun owner. I am responsible. I am highly trained. I do not go where I 'need' a gun unless it is absolutely necessary and it is almost never absolutely necessary. If ever.

Finally as a former soldier I realize how stupid the private ownership of military style firearms is. It is not that they are not fun to shoot. (If you find shooting fun. I don't particularly but then shooting used to be a part of my job so....) For those who do ripping off $50.00 worth of ammunition as fast as one can pull the trigger can be exhilarating I am sure. If you think that is fun you ought to spend some time with an M240L or one if its cousins. But then to do that you pretty much have to become a real soldier not just some pot-bellied GI-Wannabee who feels potent because he has a Glock in a belly pack.

I don't believe you ever were a soldier. I think you are lying about that. What you are is a hot air bullshitter. By the way, your grammar and sentence construction are abysmal. Did you even go to high school?
@ArthurTandy1

First thing first, if you are to quote people's words in verses, please copy and paste "/quote" and "quote" tags appropriately. Otherwise, your words will be hidden in other people's quotes and no one will know you have said something.
ArthurTandy1 wrote:I don't believe you ever were a soldier. I think you are lying about that. What you are is a hot air bullshitter. By the way, your grammar and sentence construction are abysmal. Did you even go to high school?

What a petulant child you are.
Drlee wrote:No its not. When I get back from the clinic I am going to make you look even more foolish than your own words do. That will be fun.

I don't believe you are up to that task. He has already made himself more foolish than I imagined possible. :lol:
Patrickov wrote:
The 2nd Amendment is not obsolete, more like there are too few people know how to use it correctly, e.g. protect people like you and shoot the hell out of the likes of the OP when they are in power (and abuse it).

The Founding Fathers didn't like militias, it was just a way to save money. They hoped the militias would slow an invading army long enough for them to put together an army, a real fighting force.

But now we have the most powerful military in the world, and our reserve forces, the National Guard, make any militia look silly, and very obsolete..
ArthurTandy1 wrote:
Kyle went to Kenosha to visit his Father who lives there. He did not take a gun from home. O hell, there is no point discussing facts with friggin liberals. The evidence in the case was made public and KR was acquitted as he should have been. Those media and politicians who called KR a racist and a white supremacist during and before the trial are gonna be SUED for big bucks, including stupid Joe Biden, MSNBC and CNN.

We had a long, extended thread on KR, so all of that's been well-covered already.

He's *hardly* an individual in his actions -- he has documented *ties* to the fascist right-wing.

Also:

On August 25, former Kenosha alderman Kevin Mathewson put out a call on the Facebook page of the Kenosha Guard militia group for "patriots willing to take up arms and defend" Kenosha.[41] Mathewson had previously formed the Kenosha Guard in response to the George Floyd protests earlier that year.[42][41] The event post, titled "Armed Citizens to Protect our Lives and Property," was picked up and redistributed by InfoWars.[43] It received a national and international online response,[42] attracting a larger number of armed men than were present at other protests in Wisconsin that summer.[44]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting

No, I am not talking to a person who gives decent[…]

Again, conspiracy theories about Jewish domina[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]

@Rancid it's hard to know, we'd need to see how […]