Car makers dictating policy - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By ness31
So, I can’t think of any car brands that will manufacture manual cars anymore. You can say that’s because the demand isn’t there, but it’s pretty obvious the push is on for driverless societies.

I wouldn’t vote for a driverless society and I personally mourn the loss of non automatic vehicles. How can nations, let alone lowly individuals protest this agenda that is basically being forced upon them?
Newer automatic transmissions are more fuel efficient.

Driverless society is a long ways away, despite the experiments with driverless cars. I don't see true driverless technology being embraced within the next decade, aside from some experiments.
Newer automatic transmissions are more fuel efficient.

Sure, but they’re weak as fuck and not as reliable as a manual.
:lol:
A lot of them, like my car, has Sport mode, which shifts to manual transmission, and is pretty slick. You don't need manual all the time, anyways. in a traffic jam, automatic transmissions are great. They are extremely reliable.

That said, I do prefer manual transmissions on everything.

I would not be keen on using a driverless car, unless I was incapable of driving, and even then... :hmm:

This seems weird... (Upload- good series)
It’s not even funny. You won’t be able to buy a manual.

I’m going to buy myself the best manual I can get my hands on and maintain it :hmm:

People tend to forget that the French now have a s[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]