Aliens: first contact. How should the makind react??? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

SaddamHuseinovic wrote:If the natives had killed columbus and his ships they would be still alive.

No they wouldn't. Somebody else would have "discovered" the Americas, and things would have proceeded pretty much as they did in our reality. The names would be different, that's all.

We would also need detention camps for Alienlovers/Traitors.

I like the way you think, Comrade.... :)

SaddamHuseinovic wrote:If the natives had killed columbus and his ships they would be still alive.

UN should be transformed in an unified confederation.

The 5 Vetopowers should mobilize, and accept foreigners in their ranks.

How cute. You think you'll have time to react. :lol:
Potemkin wrote:No they wouldn't. Somebody else would have "discovered" the Americas, and things would have proceeded pretty much as they did in our reality. The names would be different, that's all.

I like the way you think, Comrade.... :)

Did you know Saddam Hussein was a distant student of Stalin, he had the moustache therefore, he visited his hometown Gori (Abchasia/Georgia), as Primeminister.

But he had not the military Skills

Detention camps not KZs or Gulags this is inhuman
Last edited by Skynet on 22 Dec 2020 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Oxymoron wrote:Try to kill them ASAP, water board one of them to send signal back that this planet is dangerous and a hell hole.
We do not need a Cortez moment.

I think the smartest thing they can do is to claim they are our creators or so.

What make you think there hasn't been first contact?

Besides, I would think if an Alien could reach Earth, they could also evade detection and at least defend themselves from our concentration camps. And if we were seen as aggressors, then what do you expect in return? Hand shakes?

We would gain time to build space elovaters and Dyson Swarms

Last edited by Skynet on 22 Dec 2020 19:58, edited 2 times in total.
All jokes aside, the best way to deter an alien invasion is to make a credible threat of blowing up our planet should they arrive. That way, if they show up anyway, we blow ourselves up, thereby wasting their time. Expecting this, they won't bother to show up in the first place. Disaster averted.

I am the savior of humanity. Now all I need is a planetbuster pointed at Earth and a Nobel Peace Prize.
B0ycey wrote:What make you think there hasn't been first contact?

Besides, I would think if an Alien could reach Earth, they could also evade detection and at least defend themselves from our concentration camps. And if we were seen as aggressors, then what do you expect in return? Hand shakes?

I think Cortez was more technologically advanced then the Aztecs, and if he would have been destroyed upon landing the Aztecs might have kept their civilization and lives a bit longer. Landing on another planet uninvited is an act of war.
Aliens Exist? Israel's Ex-Space Boss Says "Yes, And Trump Knows About It"
Haim Eshed, 87, in an interview to Israel's Yediot Aharonot newspaper, spoke extensively about the extraterrestrial life, and also elaborated about "an agreement" between the US government and a "Galactic Federation" of aliens.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/aliens- ... it-2336100

I think it is could be true with 0.001% probability
This is just crazy. Why do we enter other worlds? We even invent rovers to specifically look for life. It wouldn't be a stretch to believe aliens would have the same motives as us. So to become hostile when in all likelyhood we would be firing arrows into the lightening is phyrric and likely not to end well.

UN should be transformed in an unified confederation.

The 5 Vetopowers should mobilize, and accept foreigners in their ranks.

Well, you seem to be assuming that you can "fight" them.
The reality is, you could amaze the largest army of neanderthals, arm them with their best epoch-accurate weapons and knowledge and they still would not be able to down an SR71 flying over their heads, lead alone kill the pilot or mount any sort of retaliation.
The breath in advance of technology and available potential military power difference between any sort of intelligent alien race that sends any sort of alien scout/personnel/fleet to our planet, would be far more unbalanced (in their favor) than the difference between said nanthertheal and ourselves.
We could, potentially destroy probes and small alien devices that carry no pasangers depending on their complextiy and defensive features. We cannot defend against any out of this solar system "intelligent invader". In fact, if there is any alien race out there, with the capabilities to come and visit us, if they have any intention to destroy us... they don't even have to come to our planet, they can simply blow us out of existance from their own settlements wthout even coming here. The technology needed to basically evaporate our atmosphere from millions of ligthyears away is something that even current humans know how to make, and achieving such technology is far more easily achievable than interstellar travel and certainly faster-than-light travel, the latter of which, we don't even know if it is possible at all.
B0ycey wrote:This is just crazy. Why do we enter other worlds? We even invent rovers to specifically look for life. It wouldn't be a stretch to believe aliens would have the same motives as us. So to become hostile when in all likelyhood we would be firing arrows into the lightening is phyrric and likely not to end well.

Expecting them to be well wishers is too star trek.... We are sending crap to other planets to expand our scientific knowledge. If we found a habitable planet with resources we would be very very interested in taking it for our future. I would be suspicious of any alien landing. What benefit can they possibly bring us?
Oxymoron wrote:Expecting them to be well wishers is too star trek.... We are sending crap to other planets to expand our scientific knowledge. If we found a habitable planet with resources we would be very very interested in taking it for our future. I would be suspicious of any alien landing. What benefit can they possibly bring us?

I would like to think that if we discovered intelligent life we wouldn't disturb their habitat. Should aliens discover us I suspect they would just monitor us as we would monitor them if the roles were reversed. But regardless, they have interstellar capability. Something tells me they have more scientific understanding than us along with knowing where our habitat is and as such have the advantage. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose attacking them first. Besides, do you think nobody would return after Cortes?
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Probably: "Yes", but they would have some prisoners of war, who could teach them how to make weapons ...

Word on the street is that the secret for interstellar travel is element 115. Whether that is true or not is besides the point. Knowledge and execution of knowledge are two separate things. And that is ignoring the obvious barrier which is communication and the obtaining of prisoners of war. None of which are guaranteed given English isn't the language of the unknown universe and prisoners of war is determined by us having some advantage to capture which is optimistic to say the least.
Beren wrote:If they're only interested in gold or anything material and try to convert us to their own peaceful religion and join their own church, we should be suspicious of them at least.

You just reminded me of yet another hollywood myth. Just for the record, wiping up a whole planet for "it's resources" it's yet another hollywood myth. There is no resources in our planet that is worth "taking" if you have the technologies and energy avaliable to get here from another solar system to begin with. What do you want? Water? precious metals? All of that can be easily made synthetically far easier/"cheaper" than it would take to come grab it from another Solar system.

The one thing they could perhaps "steal" is our sun, come to the solar system, disintegrate multiple planets to make a dyson swarm, steal our sun for the energy as part of a larger plan to expand into the galaxy. IF that is part of the plan of any alien race that is actually capable of doing it... our thoughts/opinions are irrelevant as we would have no say on the matter, it would be like a bunch of ants having a "last stand" trying to defend a crew of construction workers that are about to erect a whole city on the ant's territory... we don't even think about the ants, we just bulldozer the whole area and construct. That is far more likely to hapen than any sort of "alien invasion" as far as I am concerned.

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]