Medical professionals unload on anti-vaxxers - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

late wrote:We need herd immunity for the human race before Covid gets really smart.

I just don't believe this is possible. What disease have we conquered in the past? Why are we particularly scared of Covid getting "smart", but not the mountain of other diseases that exist? We can't even kill off far less contagious diseases. Medical professional constantly say that this disease will be endemic foreever. There's nothing to try and eradicate here. I say just let it kill off the dummies.
Rancid wrote:I just don't believe this is possible. What disease have we conquered in the past? Why are we particularly scared of Covid getting "smart", but not the mountain of other diseases that exist? We can't even kill off far less contagious diseases. Medical professional constantly say that this disease will be endemic foreever. There's nothing to try and eradicate here. I say just let it kill off the dummies.

Covid-19 will eventually mutate into something less deadly, and will then settle in for the long haul. Like flu it will probably still be here, in one form or another, millennia into the future. And that's okay. Pathogens have been thinning the human herd since before we climbed down out of the trees.
Rancid wrote:
I just don't believe this is possible.

What disease have we conquered in the past?

Why are we particularly scared of Covid getting "smart", but not the mountain of other diseases that exist?

We can't even kill off far less contagious diseases. Medical professional constantly say that this disease will be endemic forever. There's nothing to try and eradicate here. I say just let it kill off the dummies.

Already happened, the Brit strain is nastier. This sucker is a quick study.

Depends on what you mean by "conquered". Some of them are gone, many have been so suppressed they might as well be gone, others we manage.

Why on Earth would you think that??? We have an army of researchers working on various diseases.

You might want to take a closer look before you start playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded revolver.
Potemkin wrote:
Covid-19 will eventually mutate into something less deadly, and will then settle in for the long haul. Like flu it will probably still be here, in one form or another, millennia into the future. And that's okay. Pathogens have been thinning the human herd since before we climbed down out of the trees.

The reason we work so hard on the flu is that one day a new strain will pop up that has a lethality similar to the first one.
late wrote:The reason we work so hard on the flu is that one day a new strain will pop up that has a lethality similar to the first one.

Indeed. We need to keep a lid on things, so far as we can. But let's face it, this world belongs to the microbes. We just live in it, that's all. The only purpose of multicellular life is to provide a habitat and a food source for the microbes. :|
late wrote:Already happened, the Brit strain is nastier. This sucker is a quick study.

The vaccine covers it. Let it kill off the dummies. The more virulent a disease is, the faster it burns itself out. It is not in the interest of a disease to be super deadly, precisely because they kill their hosts too fast. As @Potemkin pointed out; historically, diseases eventually become less virulent.

I say let it kill the dummies.

late wrote:The reason we work so hard on the flu is that one day a new strain will pop up that has a lethality similar to the first one.

Only the US and Canada actively call for mass vaccination of the flu. Doesn't seem to be that big of a worry around the globe.

I'd like to see data/evidence of your point here. There are literally millions of diseases around the world, and we do not chase them in some false hope/dream that they can be eliminated because "they will become smart" if we don't.

Meh...

Let it kill the dummies. There's the added benefit that a disproportionate number of these people are Trumpsters and haters of democracy anyway. Let them die. Fuck'em
Rancid wrote:
Let it kill off the dummies.

Only the US and Canada actively call for mass vaccination of the flu. Doesn't seem to be that big of a worry around the globe.

I'd like to see data/evidence of your point here. There are literally millions of diseases around the world, and we do not chase them in some false hope/dream that they can be eliminated because "they will become smart" if we don't.

We have guys that know this stuff, let them do their job.

If we get another killer flu they will be up poop creek, no paddle.

When I was a young child in the 1950s, my grandparents had friends over, and they would talk about people that had passed. Many died from diseases like diphtheria, stuff you've prob never even heard of.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/timeline/diphtheria
late wrote:There's always bleach...

As someone that has had f***ing polio, getting vaccinated is smart.

Side effects pop up immediately, or in a matter of weeks, typically. This is a whole new way of making vaccine, and the news so far is that it's extraordinarily safe. Even with the Johnson, the odds are less than a million to one. They are dramatically worse without the vaccine, and those side effects can be managed. Which the medical community should be talking about, in for a penny, in for a pound...

The paranoia is paranoid...

I agree I have no issue with vaccines generally and they're very important to take. But it's important to ask questions too, that's just my point. Sometimes the paranoid people undercover some hidden truth. The CIA prefers to hire paranoid/neurotic types, because they know they tend to keep digging. People who are more agreeable, easy-going, trusting etc not so much.
Unthinking Majority wrote:
they tend to keep digging...

The problem is most don't. They are perfectly happy with the propaganda, and/or lack the sophistication to work their way through the BS.

One of the things we see routinely here is guys content with idiotic paranoid delusions.
There are always people who are reluctant to try something new and there's no need to give up on them so quickly. Many will soften their stance after a simple conversation answering their questions and allaying their concerns. Various carrots and sticks can be used as encouragement, too.
late wrote:As someone that has had ... polio, getting vaccinated is smart....

The mRNA “vaccines” are not in the same category as the polio vaccines. An mRNA vaccine is not an inoculation.

And they carry considerable risk, the existence of which YouTube wants to shield us. Here is an abridgement of Sen. Ron Johnson’s roundtable discussion on the safety of the so-called vaccines, on BitChute:

Sen. Ron Johnson’s roundtable on covid vaccine safetyhttps://www.bitchute.com/video/UFSIr0rJh10k/
Mark001 wrote:
The mRNA “vaccines” are not in the same category as the polio vaccines. An mRNA vaccine is not an inoculation.

And they carry considerable risk, the existence of which YouTube wants to shield us. Here is an abridgement of Sen. Ron Johnson’s roundtable discussion on the safety of the so-called vaccines, on BitChute:

Sen. Ron Johnson

Johnson is a kook.

I've had 3 shots, no problems. Few people have had problems. In the real world, anyway.
Political Interest wrote:
I would like to live in a world where we don't have to worry about viruses and pandemics anymore.

Never did I think such a pandemic would happen in the 21st century, not after SARS.

Climate change, often lax regulation, and industrial agribusiness all make the situation worse, not better.

And I see no interest in dealing seriously with any of it, it's going to get worse in pretty much way you can think of, including disease.
Political Interest wrote:I would like to live in a world where we don't have to worry about viruses and pandemics anymore.

Never did I think such a pandemic would happen in the 21st century, not after SARS.

That's impossible, viruses will eventually adapt to whatever regulations you impose. It would probably make more sense to make sure it's possible to react promptly to viruses in the future, though.
In a sense, we've become too sensitive to death. That is, we go into a hysteria even when the odds of survival are pretty fucking good. Hell, the odds of survival (generally speaking) are the best they have ever been in the history of humanity. Yet, so many of us are in a constant state of hysteria. A total lack of perspective it seems.

I think this coincides with western societies obsession with inclusivity and individualism to a point where all of society must stop and bend backwards at the will of a single fucking individual. Usually that individual is a dumb fuck ass hat that should be ignored at that.

Anyway, yes, I agree that medical professionals need to be...well... more professional. :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]