Natural Immunity To Viruses Is a Scientific Fact - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

viktor wrote:
In the influenza epidemic of 1918, less than 30 per cent of the USA population got sick.

https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

The rest were already immune.
The actual per cent who got sick was only 20%.

For the current pandemic, the rate of death in the USA for COVID patients is 1.6%.

The Flu constantly mutates. That's why we have Flu shots with 5 strains of flu in them..

Only 20%? If America had 300 million people, that would be ONLY 60 million seriously ill or dead. Approx 675,000 died, out of 108 million. Btw, the areas that imposed quarantine restrictions recovered faster.

We've had 817,000 deaths. It could have been worse. Do you want to say ONLY 817,000???

If you had an actual point, you would have said it.

You don't.
[quote="late"]The Flu constantly mutates. That's why we have Flu shots with 5 strains of flu in them..

COVID is not the FLU.

Only 20%? If America had 300 million people, that would be ONLY 60 million seriously ill or dead. Approx 675,000 died, out of 108 million. Btw, the areas that imposed quarantine restrictions recovered faster.

That's a LIE. Only 50 million people worldwide died. You can't read
viktor wrote:In the influenza epidemic of 1918, less than 30 per cent of the USA population got sick.

https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/influenza-epidemic/

The rest were already immune.
The actual per cent who got sick was only 20%.

For the current pandemic, the rate of death in the USA for COVID patients is 1.6%.

How many people possess a natural immunity to the coronavirus?
If we didn't have demtarded governors like Andrew Cuomo who force the elderly into Covid infected nursing homes killing 10,000 people at a time, then the fatality numbers would be much lower.

Demtarded governor Gretchen Whitmer did the same and killed many by the same idiotic policies of forcing elderly into covid infected nursing homes, but they're keeping that quiet until they can't anymore.
viktor wrote:
That's a LIE. Only 50 million people worldwide died.

One of my bad habits is I do a first draft and then post it. Then I make any changes that I need to. I've changed it.

You still haven't really said anything...
Last edited by late on 28 Dec 2021 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
BlutoSays wrote:If we didn't have demtarded governors like Andrew Cuomo who force the elderly into Covid infected nursing homes killing 10,000 people at a time, then the fatality numbers would be much lower.

Demtarded governor Gretchen Whitmer did the same and killed many by the same idiotic policies of forcing elderly into covid infected nursing homes, but they're keeping that quiet until they can't anymore.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-020-00977-7

Trump supporters are more likely to avoid physical distancing and mask usage, increasing infection rates among Trump supporters.

All other things being equal, Trump supporters are more likely to drive up infection and death numbers.

Science!
Pants-of-dog wrote:https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-020-00977-7

Trump supporters are more likely to avoid physical distancing and mask usage, increasing infection rates among Trump supporters.

All other things being equal, Trump supporters are more likely to drive up infection and death numbers.

Science!

All things aren't equal. Idiot Democrat Governors (redundant) care more about talking points and publicity than actually governing with sound policy.

You shouldn't care about Trump supporters anyway.

You're vaccinated, so you're protected. Right??????
BlutoSays wrote:All things aren't equal. Idiot Democrat Governors (redundant) care more about talking points and publicity than actually governing with sound policy.

You're vaccinated, so you're protected. Right????

Since Trump supporters and other right wingers are more likely to be unvaccinated and therefore more likely to infect and kill others with Covid, it is incorrect to argue that Trump supporters care about “actually governing with sound policy”.

Can you provide evidence of a Trump supporter “actually governing with sound policy”?
BlutoSays wrote:
All things aren't equal. Idiot Democrat Governors (redundant) care more about talking points and publicity than actually governing with sound policy.

You're vaccinated, so you're protected. Right????

Incorrect.

I wish I didn't have to.

This isn't about me, it's about protecting the country. Something any sane person would want to do...
BlutoSays wrote:
Trouble? If you know of any republican governors that FORCED by MANDATE the elderly be pushed into covid infected nursing homes, publish it.

We are still having problems with nursing homes...

NY was the first, not making some mistakes is impossible with all that chaos. But, in general, the way NY deals with Covid is a LOT better than most Red states.

So, how do you like being allied with a Death Cult?

late wrote:Incorrect.

I wish I didn't have to.

This isn't about me, it's about protecting the country. Something any sane person would want to do...

According to you leftists, the vaccine works. All we have to do is listen to sleepy Joe and get the vaccination and everything will be wonderful!

Or ?????
BlutoSays wrote:
According to you leftists, the vaccine works. All we have to do is listen to sleepy Joe and get the vaccination and everything will be wonderful!

Or ???

You didn't say anything.

Btw, the vaccines do work, it's the CDC, and we will eventually get this under control. Which would happen a lot faster if we didn't have a Death Cult..
Pants-of-dog wrote:https://www.nature.com/articles/s41562-020-00977-7

Science!

Horsecrap propaganda. You are lying.
viktor wrote:Horsecrap propaganda. You are lying.

Please quote the text from the study that disproves my claim.

Or show how the study is incorrect.

Here is the abstract:

Abstract
    Numerous polls suggest that COVID-19 is a profoundly partisan issue in the United States. Using the geotracking data of 15 million smartphones per day, we found that US counties that voted for Donald Trump (Republican) over Hillary Clinton (Democrat) in the 2016 presidential election exhibited 14% less physical distancing between March and May 2020. Partisanship was more strongly associated with physical distancing than numerous other factors, including counties’ COVID-19 cases, population density, median income, and racial and age demographics. Contrary to our predictions, the observed partisan gap strengthened over time and remained when stay-at-home orders were active. Additionally, county-level consumption of conservative media (Fox News) was related to reduced physical distancing. Finally, the observed partisan differences in distancing were associated with subsequently higher COVID-19 infection and fatality growth rates in pro-Trump counties. Taken together, these data suggest that US citizens’ responses to COVID-19 are subject to a deep—and consequential—partisan divide.

Wake me up when you have something to replace it.[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isra[…]

Wars still happen. And violent crime is blooming,[…]