Printing Press and The Internet - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The internet is the truth breaking through the dam of the 20th century propaganda machine. The same thing happened with the invention of the printing press centuries ago. The power to spread truth destroyed ancient monarchies and broke the back of empires like the Roman Catholic Church. It enabled the rise of the merchant class and ended the tyrannical feudal system.

It's happening again, and that's why the rich are attacking our freedoms. Their losing power of info control and are in a panic!

Could the internet have the same sociological impact? What kind of societies will rise 50- 100 years from now if information is free to flow... If the content is not carefully crafted? Two options for the current bureaucracy.

1. Control the information
2. Perish through social transition

The thing is, I think that there is always the possibility of an Orwellian like double-speak and active disinformation operations to confuse the general public.

Thoughts?
RhetoricThug wrote:
1. Control the information
2. Perish through social transition

The thing is, I think that there is always the possibility of an Orwellian like double-speak and active disinformation operations to confuse the general public.

Thoughts?

What the printing press did to expand literal and figurative truths, the internet will implode every alphabet that diverts understanding of the self contained periodic table of elements contracting the results expanding all the time this atmosphere fits universally here being what is goning on currently inclusive of every individual part adding into what arrives next.

The printing press technology limited two way communication between authors of science fiction and spiritual fantasies selling ideas of results of time changing details of space here from beyond the moment creating capitol ideologies of academia, religions, poitics, creating economic symbols to replace the value of substance making character matter and ancestry not so valuable as societal evolution .

However, this moment is the only space this universe can remain self contained, self maintaining, the self evident things adding together exactly as they occur now all the time.

Again, cyberspace removes 24 hours from a day to the moment being now everywhere within this atmosphere all the time.

When those only educated to see the world as humanity learn to view eternity as being this moment all the time, just where are the self anointed going to hide as academia becomes the target of those misled by church, state, and finances for over 300 generation passing through now believing time changes space when space was changing now all the while.

Death of a secret doesn't destroy anything real, just implodes a reality that never really existed without language. This is why I harp on staying civil, not civic minded as directed by those orchestrating chaos within an eternity of adding natural balances.

Cyberspace is the true battlefield of ideas because through this technology each person is placed behind the eyes and between the ears of everyone else reading what they post while never physically in presence of each other within the same moment around the planet and within this atmosphere.

Comes back to "Simple compounding interest is the most powerful force in the universe." Something I was told was a quote from Albert Einstein when I was considering a job becoming a financial advisor for a large global investment group in 2002.

But I learned I wasn't cut out for the job of selling symbolic values for other people's substance. It is an instinctive thing intellect doesn't want to discuss for the greater good of keeping humanity in charge of directing genetic continuation self contained to this moment contracting results add into the expanding details taking place currently.

Remember, you asked for thoughts, not recited theories.

No, my ancestors believe in human rights for all […]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking Ma[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Muscovite schizophrenic Ivan Ilyin is quite lit[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]