No Sex For You, Young Man - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All sociological topics not appropriate or suited to other areas of the board.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Unthinking Majority

Yeah, I like feminists as strictly friends only. As a straight guy, you sometimes feel like when you have to deal with a feminist you are more likely to be walking into a mine field or something. So, you just want to steer clear of them as far as trying to ask them out on a date or considering them as a romantic partner or talking about gender issues. But I don't mind having them as a friend.

So, I just like to keep them strictly as a friend only and talk to them like I would talk to most guys except I wouldn't discuss sex with them or things involving romantic relationships or gender issues because those are minefield issues talking to feminists. You know no matter what you say you are going to step on a mine when talking to a feminist about certain issues.

Feminists are smart, intelligent, well educated and great for having intellectual conversations with and could make good friends but that is about as far as it would go with me if I were single. Not that I mind smart, well educated women or the notion of equality for women. However, I also like to be a guy too without it feeling like it's a crime to be a guy. I just prefer to stay away from feminists when it comes to talking about certain topics or romantic relationships as a straight guy. And I say this as a guy who would describe himself as a liberal.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 25 Aug 2020 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
@Politics_Observer I think you misunderstand what a feminist actually is.

A feminist is someone who supports feminism. Feminism is the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes. Like anything else, there are extremes. You'll find most men are actually feminists, as they'll recognize that women who do the same work as men should receive the same pay, and that women can do most jobs that men can do.

You'd be hard-pressed to find the father of a daughter, in this day and age, who isn't a feminist.

Now, when you delve into the extreme side of feminism, you will find that this type of feminism isn't even attractive to most women.

Unthinking Majority wrote:Since the end of WWII, Japanese men and culture has been utterly emasculated.
Said MGTOWs and Incels everywhere. :roll:
Unthinking Majority wrote:Since the end of WWII, Japanese men and culture has been utterly emasculated. IMO this is rooted by their defeat in WWII by the US and the subsequent demilitarization of the country forced by the US.

The don't have to fight anymore, just play Pokemon & giggle like school girls.

Photo of General MacArthur towering over Emperor Hirohito following Japanese defeat in WWII:

This is racist.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Why are you in Thailand? Sex tourism for some Thai lady-boys?
This is typically what people who are really interested in fucking ladyboys, say, to people who go to Thailand. Thank you for confessing your desires, but I am not interested in your sexual proclivities.

I suppose if I was going to go to USA I'd be going to get beaten up by your police?
Politics_Observer wrote:@Unthinking Majority

Yeah, I like feminists as strictly friends only. As a straight guy, you sometimes feel like when you have to deal with a feminist you are more likely to be walking into a mine field or something. So, you just want to steer clear of them as far as trying to ask them out on a date or considering them as a romantic partner or talking about gender issues. But I don't mind having them as a friend.

So, I just like to keep them strictly as a friend only and talk to them like I would talk to most guys except I wouldn't discuss sex with them or things involving romantic relationships or gender issues because those are minefield issues talking to feminists. You know no matter what you say you are going to step on a mine when talking to a feminist about certain issues.

Feminists are smart, intelligent, well educated and great for having intellectual conversations with and could make good friends but that is about as far as it would go with me if I were single. Not that I mind smart, well educated women or the notion of equality for women. However, I also like to be a guy too without it feeling like it's a crime to be a guy. I just prefer to stay away from feminists when it comes to talking about certain topics or romantic relationships as a straight guy. And I say this as a guy who would describe himself as a liberal.

I'm dating a feminist. AMA.
Most modern men are feminists. Throwbacks, misogynists, and Boomers, are not.
I don't think one needs to be a feminist to have no issues with concepts like equal pay for equal work or the idea that women can perform most of the same jobs do. I'm not a feminist and I have no issues with those notions.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Study: Feminists are better mates
    Judy Peres, Tribune staff reporter
    CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Take a feminist out to dinner.

That's the advice of a social psychologist who concludes in a new study that feminists make better partners and have stronger romantic relationships.

Laurie Rudman of Rutgers University had found in earlier research that negative stereotypes of feminists--that they're unattractive, man-hating lesbians, in a nutshell--cause young adults to distance themselves from the "F-word" and tone down their demands for equality. A majority of college-age respondents agreed with such statements as "Most men would probably not want to date a feminist" and "Romance depends, in part, on men being allowed to be in charge."

This was alarming to Rudman, who is old enough to remember the heyday of the women's rights movement in the 1970s. Continued efforts to achieve gender equality could be seriously hurt, she reasoned, if women (and men) think it comes at the expense of love.

So, with the help of graduate student Julie Phelan, she set about trying to determine if there was any truth to the notion that feminists are more likely than traditional women to have crummy relationships.

The results, appearing in the online edition of the peer-reviewed journal Sex Roles, show that for both women and men there was a benefit to having a feminist partner. Feminist women were also more likely than others to be in a romantic relationship.

"If you're a woman paired with a male feminist," said Rudman, "you have a healthier relationship across the board"--better in terms of relationship quality, equality, stability and sexual satisfaction.

"And men paired with female feminists have greater sexual satisfaction and greater relationship stability," she said. "So, [there were] higher scores on two of the four dimensions, with no difference on the other two."

There you have it: Feminists are sexy.

....(article continues)....
Godstud wrote:This is typically what people who are really interested in fucking ladyboys, say, to people who go to Thailand. Thank you for confessing your desires, but I am not interested in your sexual proclivities.

I suppose if I was going to go to USA I'd be going to get beaten up by your police?

I'm not American.
You might as well be, as you talk like one.

Why are you obsessed with transexuals?
wat0n wrote:I don't think one needs to be a feminist to have no issues with concepts like equal pay for equal work or the idea that women can perform most of the same jobs do. I'm not a feminist and I have no issues with those notions.

You don't agree with equal rights for women? That's what a feminist is.
Pants-of-dog wrote:https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2007-11-17-0711170033-story.html

Study: Feminists are better mates
    Judy Peres, Tribune staff reporter
    CHICAGO TRIBUNE

There you have it: Feminists are sexy.

....(article continues)....

Now do 21st century men who live in their bedrooms and are too scared to talk to women.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Now do 21st century men who live in their bedrooms and are too scared to talk to women.
Those are the same people who complain about women and are incels or anti-social.

Those people are their own problem, and feminism is not the cause of it. Their own parents are, and modern technology is to blame.

If you aren't putting yourself out there, no one can find you, and you are unlikely to find anyone else.
Unthinking Majority wrote:You don't agree with equal rights for women? That's what a feminist is.

Feminism goes well beyond just that, though. And I do agree with equal rights for people of all genders.

For instance, although I don't have any issues with those concepts, I also don't think sexism is necessarily the main reason for the wage gap. Good luck finding a feminist who doesn't believe sexism is the main reason for any and all ways women may be worse off than men.
@Godstud @wat0n @Pants-of-dog

I guess I have ran across a little more extreme versions of feminists in my time. Plus, I am definitely a masculine guy. A lot of them seem like domineering, masculine, strong and on constant mission for equality. I am not attracted to a woman that projects a masculine sort of energy given I am a guy and not gay. Not to mention, I could see where I am basically going to end up clashing and so I steer clear of those type women and just treat them like a guy friend minus talking about sex or romance or gender issues with them. Those are minefield issues with feminists.

My current wife and I share a pretty equal relationship and are very happy. I don't feel like she is trying to be domineering or masculine or is constantly obsessed with being on a mission for equality for women. I am not like always trying to "take charge" all the time or dominate though I can take charge at times and make a decisive decision when I need to and it's necessary. Sometimes, she makes decisions on things. It just sort of goes back and forth.

But the feminists you run across you feel like you will eventually enter a mind field with them where if you step right, you step on a mine and if you step left you step on a mine. Given that is the case, it's probably a good idea not to enter the minefield in the first place and steer clear of them. You are very unlikely to be able to come out unscathed if you come out at all walking into a minefield.

I guess it depends on how extreme the feminist is. My wife doesn't describe herself as a feminist nor would I describe myself as a feminist. I just like to be known as a regular person who is a guy. And it's OK to be a guy. It's not a crime. Just like it's OK to be a woman and it's OK for a woman to project feminine energy if that is who she is. I am attracted to women who are more feminine.

Another thing I have noticed about feminism here in the U.S. is that feminism has benefited white women but NOT black women. And I am going to tell you, I think Trump is a white supremacist and I think at it's core, the Republican party is ultimately a white supremacist party. So, when I hear feminism I also associated it with hypocrisy where it's about only white women getting equality here in the U.S. and tell hell with everybody else.

Feminism here in the U.S. has strengthened white supremacy and harmed the cause of the equality it supposedly is fighting for. So, I am very suspicious of the true motives of feminists here in the U.S. especially when I see how white supremacy has benefited from feminism here in the U.S. and the fact that white women voted for Trump in large droves. This all provable facts.

It seems, the beneficiaries of feminism here in the U.S. that preach the notion of equality seem to turn a blind eye to white supremacy and have forgotten black women for example. Feminism seems to be geared towards white women and white women on a big scale enthusiastically supported and voted for Trump who came to power on a backlash of white supremacy towards the Obama presidency. So, I am not sure feminists are really about equality as much as they say they are.
Last edited by Politics_Observer on 26 Aug 2020 03:25, edited 1 time in total.
If you are treating most women with respect and want equality among the genders, then you are likely a feminist and don't realize it. If you're the father of a daughter, you're going to be one, as well.

The extreme is always there. You just have to remember that most feminists don't fall into the Feminazi category.

Confidence? Assertiveness? Independence? Courage? I'd find those traits attractive in a woman, and might even add that most men have spouses that have these traits. These are, incidentally, masculine traits.
@Godstud

Yes and that's all nice Godstud as long as you get along and don't fight all the time. You can't have a relationship with a woman who you will just end fighting and clashing with. I have courage too and I am very independent and if I am going to live with a woman, I am going to have to be able to get along with her and not constantly clash. I am not going to surrender my courage or independence or my masculinity to a woman. I mean it's possible to have a healthy relationship with a feminist as a strong, courageous, masculine guy as long as you don't clash with each other.

If you do, then you just need to be friends only or just stay away from each other. That's all there is to it. I am who I am and I am not going to change for anybody. I am proud to be who I am. I am going to be who I am and I if I can't get along with a woman in a serious relationship then we just don't need to be together.

Anyway, aside form that, you ignored how white supremacy has benefited from feminism here in America (and probably in other places too). Why this blind spot? I don't see black women benefiting from feminism nor do I see white women very concerned about it. I do see plenty of white women (which I am sure some of them would describe themselves as feminist) putting people in power who basically advocate white supremacist policies that come at the expense of people of color. What's up with that? I thought feminists were about equality?
:eh: You don't have to sacrifice anything to be with a woman who has courage, masculinity, and independence. It doesn't mean that you'll clash, either.

My wife has all those traits and yet is a very feminine woman. She hasn't stopped having her feminine traits simply because she's not meek and submissive. I wouldn't want a dependent, masculine. and cowardly woman. I do define masculine as a physical trait, however, as I don't see how women having masculine traits are any less women.

Linking white supremacy with feminism is bizarre and stuff QAnon would put out there.

Race has nothing to do with feminism.
@Godstud

Godstud wrote: You don't have to sacrifice anything to be with a woman who has courage, masculinity, and independence. It doesn't mean that you'll clash, either.

I don't know, I prefer a feminine woman. Feminine traits or energy doesn't have to be physical in my opinion. I wouldn't want to date an Amazon woman. Our energy would repel each other. I am attracted to women who have feminine energy and I don't expect "submissive." I am just not attracted to masculine energy. I'm a guy. I'm not gay. :lol:

Linking white supremacy with feminism is bizarre and stuff QAnon would put out there.

Race has nothing to do with feminism.

I don't know, I think part of the reason why white women here in the U.S. were given the right to vote was because politicians at that time, just like today, were trying to maintain white supremacy and part of that strategy was to give women the right to vote. The ACLU has a piece on this topic:

Tammy L. Brown, Associate Professor of Black World Studies, History, and Global and Intercultural Studies, Miami University wrote:
When suffragists gathered in Seneca Falls, New York, in July 1848, they advocated for the right of white women to vote. The participants were middle and upper-class white women, a cadre of white men supporters and one African-American male — Frederick Douglass. The esteemed abolitionist had forged a strong working relationship with fellow abolitionists and white women suffragists, including Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony. No Black women attended the convention. None were invited.

Although women of color were profoundly absent at Seneca Falls, a greater degree of cultural inclusion was on the horizon. In May 1851, African-American abolitionist Sojourner Truth spoke at a women’s rights convention in Akron, Ohio. During her famous speech on the abolition of slavery and the promotion of women’s rights, Truth allegedly bared her breast and proclaimed, “Ain’t I a woman?”

It was a melodramatic act and statement, but as historian Nell Painter argues, it never happened. Instead, it was a quaint fiction crafted by convention organizer Frances Dana Gage and other white feminists who depicted Truth to white audiences as a genuine albeit primitive ally in the fight for women’s rights. Thus, the 1851 convention marked a modicum of progress, but this progress is tainted by white suffragists’ attempts to control Truth’s voice.

By the turn of the 20th century, Black suffragists such as Mary Church Terrell represented intersectional feminism at its best. Born to former slaves in Memphis, Tennessee, Terrell earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Oberlin College and served as president of the National Association of Colored Women. In February 1898, Terrell spoke at the National American Woman Suffrage Association convention in Washington, D.C.

Her speech forced powerful white women attendees to reflect on the compounding oppressions and systemic violence that Black women endured during slavery. She ended on a more optimistic note — praising the sheer grit and intellect of freed women. Terrell’s rhetorical style echoed the American ethos of self-made men and women, but she oversimplified the historical reality that the paths to racial and gender equality are long, jagged, and still unwinding.

The history of women’s suffrage in America is not nice or neat, because the impact of white supremacy is broad and human nature is messy. Furthermore, a nation built on stolen land from Native Americans and stolen labor from African slaves is flawed from the start. We must constantly acknowledge this truth and engage in an intersectional celebration of women’s rights activists and landmark events.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/womens-rights ... nts-racism

Yes Chomsky - the Pepsi-Cola professor of Linguis[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712