Evangelical Teachings on the Rapture & Return of Christ - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
#15078452
In Scripture, the ‘rapture’ is an event in which believers in Christ will be caught up physically from the surface of the earth to meet the Lord Jesus at his return. The following are verses that are believed to teach this idea:

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17 The New King James Version

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Matthew 24:40-42 The New King James Version

"Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming."

Matthew 25 The New King James Version

The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Virgins

“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming."


There is much that is debated among Christians today about the details. I am not sure of all the details, but the following are teachings by Evangelist Perry Stone that seems to think he understands the details.

The Revelation of the Catching Away


The Rapture A Revelation of the Great Assembly


Old Testament Proof of the Coming of Christ


The Rapture To Be or Not To Be


Biblical Evidence for the Pre-Tribulation Catching Away


Explaining the Mystery of the 7th Trump


New Evidence of a Pre-Tribulation Coming of Christ
#15078725
Besoeker2 wrote:Hindsite, why is your god allowing/causing the coronavirus pandemic?
If he existed, he could have prevented it. He hasn't. There is one simple, obvious conclusion.

I suspect this is part of God's plan to keep Trump in office, but that is only my own speculation. We Christians know that God has an ultimate plan that He is carrying out in his own time. We don't know all the details, because we don't think like God.

As God says, “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."
(Isaiah 55:9 NKJV)
#15078742
*The phenomenal world does not exist; it is a hypostasis of the information processed by the Mind.

* We did not fall because of a moral error; we fell because of an intellectual error: that of taking the phenomenal world as real. Therefore we are morally innocent. It is the Empire in its various disguised polyforms which tells us we have sinned. 'The Empire never ended.'

*From loss and grief the Mind has become deranged. Therefore we, as parts of the universe, the Brain, are partly deranged.

*To be 'born again,' or 'born from above,' or 'born of the Spirit,' means to become healed; which is to say restored, restored to sanity. Thus it is said in the New Testament that Jesus cast out devils. He restores our lost faculties. Of our present debased state Calvin said, '(Man) was at the same time deprived of those supernatural endowments which had been given him for the hope of eternal salvation. Hence it follows, that he is exiled from the Kingdom of God, in such a manner that all the affections relating to the happy life of the soul are also extinguished in him, till he recovers them by the grace of God... All these things, being restored by Christ, are esteemed adventitious and prenatural; and therefore we conclude that they had been lost. Again: soundness of mind and rectitude of heart were also destroyed; and this is the corruption of the natural talents. For although we retain some portion of understanding and judgment together with the will, yet we cannot say that our mind is perfect and sound. Reason... being a natural talent, it could not be totally destroyed, but is partly debilitated...' I say, 'The Empire never ended.'

*The Empire is the institution, the codification, of derangement; it is insane and imposes its insanity on us by violence, since its nature is a violent one.

Tractates: Cryptica Scriptura
- by Philip K. Dick

All forms of organized religion, without exception, are extensions of The Empire.
#15078766
quetzalcoatl wrote:The Empire is the institution, the codification, of derangement; it is insane and imposes its insanity on us by violence, since its nature is a violent one.

The above statement reminds me of the Donald Trump haters that seem to have been infected with the insanity of Trump derangement syndrome, in which they oppose practically everything he favors because they somehow see his position as president as dangerous to democracy. They imagine him as a demagogue and use terms like bully, misogynist, racist, xenophobe, and conman when describing him, instead of recognizing him as an outstanding president and Trump of God for Israel.

Trump touts quote calling him 'second coming of God' to Jews in Israel

A day after saying that American Jews who vote for Democrats show “great disloyalty,” President Trump on Wednesday repeated a claim by a supporter that he is beloved by Israeli Jews “like a king” or "the second coming of God."

Trump shared on Twitter quotes from Newsmax TV's Wayne Allyn Root, who declared him the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.”

After Trump moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, a long-sought goal of the Israeli government, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu compared the American president to another king, Cyrus of Persia, who allowed Jews to return to Israel, ending their exile in Babylon, in the 6th century B.C. More pointedly, some pro-Trump organs have begun comparing him to an actual king of Israel, King David. (Comparisons to King Solomon have been much fewer, although Nancy Pelosi once, rather pointedly, reminded him that Solomon asked God for, and received, the gift of wisdom.)

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-second-com ... 07584.html
#15078769
I am realistic and am not infatuated with, or idolize, a man.

I thought you were only supposed to worship god? What happened to that commandment, or have you ignored that one for long enough that it doesn't matter?
#15078773
Godstud wrote:I am realistic and am not infatuated with, or idolize, a man.

Good for you.

Godstud wrote:I thought you were only supposed to worship god?

You thought wrong.

Godstud wrote:What happened to that commandment, or have you ignored that one for long enough that it doesn't matter?

It shouldn't matter to a Canadian atheist living in Thailand.
Praise the Lord.
#15078775
Godstud wrote:
I thought you were only supposed to worship god?


Hindsite wrote:You thought wrong.
"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" (Hebrew: לא יהיה־לך אלהים אחרים על־פני) is one of the Ten Commandments found in the Hebrew Bible at Exodus 20:2 and Deuteronomy 5:6.

Hindsite wrote:It shouldn't matter to a Canadian atheist living in Thailand.
It doesn't matter to me, but I am pointing out your hypocrisy.

I may be an atheist, but I am not breaking that Commandment.

Again, I know you are really too dense to comprehend this, but I'll repeat it again for you: Where I live is irrelevant.

You live in Georgia. Also irrelevant, unless we're discussing good places to eat in your local town.
#15078779
Godstud wrote:Godstud wrote:
I thought you were only supposed to worship god?


"Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" (Hebrew: לא יהיה־לך אלהים אחרים על־פני) is one of the Ten Commandments found in the Hebrew Bible at Exodus 20:2 and Deuteronomy 5:6.

It doesn't matter to me, but I am pointing out your hypocrisy.

I may be an atheist, but I am not breaking that Commandment.

I doubt that. :lol:
HalleluYah
#15078780
Hindsite wrote:The above statement reminds me of the Donald Trump haters that seem to have been infected with the insanity of Trump derangement syndrome, in which they oppose practically everything he favors because they somehow see his position as president as dangerous to democracy. They imagine him as a demagogue and use terms like bully, misogynist, racist, xenophobe, and conman when describing him, instead of recognizing him as an outstanding president and Trump of God for Israel.

Trump touts quote calling him 'second coming of God' to Jews in Israel

A day after saying that American Jews who vote for Democrats show “great disloyalty,” President Trump on Wednesday repeated a claim by a supporter that he is beloved by Israeli Jews “like a king” or "the second coming of God."

Trump shared on Twitter quotes from Newsmax TV's Wayne Allyn Root, who declared him the greatest president for Jews and Israel “in the history of the world.”

After Trump moved the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv, a long-sought goal of the Israeli government, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu compared the American president to another king, Cyrus of Persia, who allowed Jews to return to Israel, ending their exile in Babylon, in the 6th century B.C. More pointedly, some pro-Trump organs have begun comparing him to an actual king of Israel, King David. (Comparisons to King Solomon have been much fewer, although Nancy Pelosi once, rather pointedly, reminded him that Solomon asked God for, and received, the gift of wisdom.)

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-second-com ... 07584.html



God forgive you. You have favorably repeated the quote about President Trump favorably relating the story of Jews calling him ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God''. In the Christian context, that is a shameful blasphemy, and a mark of Antichrist, because ''Anti'' in the Greek signifies one who is ''in place of'', as well as one who is ''against'' Christ. Nobody unless a supreme Egotist would arrogate and except such abasement and flattery, and be or remain a Christian.

Do you reject or accept this foul blasphemy? Or are you to be numbered with Antichrist?
#15078784
@Hindsite

God forgive you. You have favorably repeated the quote about President Trump favorably relating the story of Jews calling him ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God''. In the Christian context, that is a shameful blasphemy, and a mark of Antichrist, because ''Anti'' in the Greek signifies one who is ''in place of'', as well as one who is ''against'' Christ. Nobody unless a supreme Egotist would arrogate and accept such foul abasement and flattery, and be or remain a Christian.

Do you reject or accept this foul blasphemy? Or are you to be numbered with Antichrist?
#15078788
Saeko wrote:He isn't breaking the first commandment. But he is guilty of idolatry.


Well, false worship in place of God and Idolatry go together like beans and rice in my opinion. Trump has his rational admirers, but this is just plain sick.
#15078791
annatar1914 wrote:@Hindsite

God forgive you. You have favorably repeated the quote about President Trump favorably relating the story of Jews calling him ''King of Israel'' and the ''Second Coming of God''. In the Christian context, that is a shameful blasphemy, and a mark of Antichrist, because ''Anti'' in the Greek signifies one who is ''in place of'', as well as one who is ''against'' Christ. Nobody unless a supreme Egotist would arrogate and accept such foul abasement and flattery, and be or remain a Christian.

Do you reject or accept this foul blasphemy? Or are you to be numbered with Antichrist?

I reject your bullshit. :lol:
HalleluYah
#15078792
annatar1914 wrote:Well, false worship in place of God and Idolatry go together like beans and rice in my opinion. Trump has his rational admirers, but this is just plain sick.


I honestly can't believe you find this so shocking. Have you ever heard any evangelical preachers in the US? Their Biblical illiteracy is unbelievable.
#15078793
Saeko wrote:I honestly can't believe you find this so shocking. Have you ever heard any evangelical preachers in the US? Their Biblical illiteracy is unbelievable.


My father's family are all Evangelicals, I've heard their nonsense all my life. I'm not shocked, just pained by it really.
#15078796
Hindsite wrote:I reject your bullshit. :lol:
HalleluYah


I think you have a devil, what with your daily blasphemies against the Holy Name and your exaltation of an earthly ruler. Lord Jesus Christ, Only Son of God, have mercy on us sinners. I am not worthy to do anything for you, but may God help you @Hindsite.
#15078801
annatar1914 wrote:I think you have a devil, what with your daily blasphemies against the Holy Name and your exaltation of an earthly ruler. Lord Jesus Christ, Only Son of God, have mercy on us sinners. I am not worthy to do anything for you, but may God help you @Hindsite.

The Pharisees also accused Jesus of being helped by Beelzebul, the ruler of demons. I do not blasphemy against the Holy Name, but praise the Holy Name.
HalleluYah

Let me start with Battlestar Galactica. I own the[…]

https://www.timesofisrael.com/amid-last-minute-thr[…]

it's funny that they let that guy drive a train. y[…]

What does China really want?

World domination by one country is no longer poss[…]