I Reject, I Affirm. ''Raising the Black Flag'' in an Age of Devilry. - Page 42 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
I agree.

And you know already how they will frame it:

If you don't submit to having chips insdie of you, y ou will be hurting your health and denying yourself medical treatment because the monitoring aspect.

If you don't agree to let children transhumanize, you're damning them to being handicapped because they want you to mutilate and mechanize children.

It will get to the point where people with natural mental deficincies will be forcibly merged with machines to enhance them, and I have no doubt that they will then have machine-human hybrids do challenges against transhumanist detractors, and they'll boast of transhumanized children being intellectually & physically the superiors of the smartest and greatest specimens of the anti-transhumanist community...

And they won't let you use the AI in your smartphone when you play chess against a transhuman... even though that is basically exactly what the transhuman is doing.
Verv wrote:I agree.

And you know already how they will frame it:

If you don't submit to having chips insdie of you, y ou will be hurting your health and denying yourself medical treatment because the monitoring aspect.

If you don't agree to let children transhumanize, you're damning them to being handicapped because they want you to mutilate and mechanize children.

It will get to the point where people with natural mental deficincies will be forcibly merged with machines to enhance them, and I have no doubt that they will then have machine-human hybrids do challenges against transhumanist detractors, and they'll boast of transhumanized children being intellectually & physically the superiors of the smartest and greatest specimens of the anti-transhumanist community...

And they won't let you use the AI in your smartphone when you play chess against a transhuman... even though that is basically exactly what the transhuman is doing.

@Verv , this is Antichrist.

''Lo do I see here the Abomination of Desolation, spoken of by Saint Daniel the Prophet...''

As it says in the Book of the Apocalypse of St. John the Theologian...

…One of the heads of the beast appeared to be mortally wounded. But the mortal wound was healed, and the whole world marveled and followed the beast.They worshiped the dragon who had given authority to the beast, and they worshiped the beast, saying, [b]“Who is like the beast, and who can wage war against it?” The beast was given a mouth to speak arrogant and blasphemous words, and authority to act for 42 months.…[/b]

And in the Gospel of Saint Matthew we know that the situation for mankind, for whatever reason, will threaten to be extinction level event;

…For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short. At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it.…

And those of good will? Will they have retreated into the Wilderness, relatively untouched by Civilization, by Babylon, and thus like the Israelites in Goshen in Egypt, untouched by the plagues of God's wrath?
This ties in back well to raising the black flag.

I want us conservative reactionary types to remember something... We do have soem important allies in conservatism, who love big business and worship the 'advancements' of Capitalism. Some will definitely come with us, but some of these will be forever worshiping tech, and telling you how yuo should transhumanize -- God would want you to transhumanize.

But our great allies in the future, many of them will come from the fringe left!

The vegans, the earth-firsters, the anti-Capitalists, the tech skeptics & green energy nuts... They have much to teach us, and we can share a lot of brotherhood with them. Of course, I want them all to come to Christ, but even if they do not, I will share as much community with them as I can. We will depend on each other in the next era of resistance.

So, consider this: during Lent, go to your crazy hippie vegan shop and stock up on vegan supplies, see if there's anyone who wants to chat about tech, alienation, the human soul...

Just take it in and make some connections whenever, wherever. Maybe it's not for you to make these connections, but remind the younger Christians that these people may be crucial for them someday.

Who knows when it will come... But your best friend when Anti-Christ come may throw their lot in with the wrong side, and you might see that 80% of the people you thought were kooky Communists all are falling on the right side of the aisle. You really never know.
Verv wrote:This ties in back well to raising the black flag.

I want us conservative reactionary types to remember something... We do have soem important allies in conservatism, who love big business and worship the 'advancements' of Capitalism. Some will definitely come with us, but some of these will be forever worshiping tech, and telling you how yuo should transhumanize -- God would want you to transhumanize.

But our great allies in the future, many of them will come from the fringe left!

The vegans, the earth-firsters, the anti-Capitalists, the tech skeptics & green energy nuts... They have much to teach us, and we can share a lot of brotherhood with them. Of course, I want them all to come to Christ, but even if they do not, I will share as much community with them as I can. We will depend on each other in the next era of resistance.

So, consider this: during Lent, go to your crazy hippie vegan shop and stock up on vegan supplies, see if there's anyone who wants to chat about tech, alienation, the human soul...

Just take it in and make some connections whenever, wherever. Maybe it's not for you to make these connections, but remind the younger Christians that these people may be crucial for them someday.

Who knows when it will come... But your best friend when Anti-Christ come may throw their lot in with the wrong side, and you might see that 80% of the people you thought were kooky Communists all are falling on the right side of the aisle. You really never know.

@Verv ;

Excellent post my friend!

(by the way, it's probable that with Bright Week and then Great Lent coming up, I traditionally tend not to post during this time. It does however give me time to think which will no doubt improve my posting when I do return to write and interact with my friends here)

Some time back, I quoted Our Lord from the Gospel;

Someone in the crowd said to Him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” But Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed Me judge or executor between you?” And He said to them, “Watch out! Guard yourselves against every form of greed, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

And from this and other indications, I infer that to God our common political and socio-economic arrangements in this fallen world are a thing of men, provisional and incomplete. But, that also His warning can have a collective application as well.

I have no doubt that ahead of us all are many surprises. And a few certainties, mainly concerning the danger to humanity from our own technological hubris.
I have also considered not posting anything during Lent -- often this means a ban, though, just on Facebook / social media.

I will contemplate what I will do.

You have a good policy. This stuff can really be a distraction.

I have no doubt that ahead of us all are many surprises. And a few certainties, mainly concerning the danger to humanity from our own technological hubris

This is the true big picture threat and the crazy politics of the West may actually be so problematic only because they will be pivotal in enabling technotyranny & transhumanism.
@Verv ;

I have also considered not posting anything during Lent -- often this means a ban, though, just on Facebook / social media.

I will contemplate what I will do.

You have a good policy. This stuff can really be a distraction.

It can be a distraction, but in all humility I do gain a great deal personally from reading and interacting with others on PoFo and elsewhere, so I'll see this time.

This is the true big picture threat and the crazy politics of the West may actually be so problematic only because they will be pivotal in enabling technotyranny & transhumanism.

It's the only culture by which technotyranny and transhumanism is actively encouraged in my opinion, from the very start. In this I can't be helped but to be reminded by the story of Albertus Magnus and his student Thomas Aquinas who built a ''thinking mechanical head'' but decided to destroy it...
VP Kamala Harris endorses riots...

Further, the Texas vision of energy for the last […]

Is USA a Plutocracy?

So if 'Trumpism' applies to Trump supporters, wh[…]

Trump on trial

I would LOVE to see laid out clearly in state cou[…]

Election 2024 Thread

3) If Trump or Trump like candidate runs then the[…]