The Sinking Ship and Father Brown - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
In a recent dream, I am in a theatre or opera house with an elderly lady who complains, “Why am I here to watch this awful show?” An emcee acknowledges but dismisses the bad reviews and enthusiastically announces the beginning of the show. The show starts with a badly performed song, which the audience boos.

Suddenly, the theatre turns into a ship that is swiftly sinking. In moments, the ship is gone, and the audience members are swimming or struggling to stay afloat in the ocean.

I and my companion are then floating in the water of a dock where people are kneeling on a low platform, looking to rescue people in the water, which is only a foot or so below them. However, only dead bodies are being retrieved. The dream ends.

My interpretation is that the theater/ship represents the American empire, which is sinking. The dream occurred as American troops withdraw from Afghanistan and the Taliban quickly captures provincial capitals. I expect further shrinkage of U.S. power and influence.

My companion, in retrospect, appeared to be Mrs. McCarthy, the parish secretary in the British TV series Father Brown, which would likely make me the title character, the crime-solving Roman Catholic priest. Thus, I am literally a spiritual detective.

Father Brown and Mrs. McCarthy

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all o[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

So have people given up on blaming that terrorist […]

@ingliz good to know, so why have double standar[…]

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]