Lieutenant Uhura in my dream - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

An atheist-free area for those of religious belief to discuss religious topics.

Moderator: PoFo Agora Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. Religious topics may be discussed here or in The Agora. However, this forum is intended specifically as an area for those with religious belief to discuss religion without threads being derailed by atheist arguments. Please respect that. Political topics regarding religion belong in the Religion forum in the Political Issues section.
In a dream from early this morning I am sitting on the toilet in a very small bathroom with the door ajar. The door opens to the outside of the house. I am having a bowel movement. Behind me I can hear water running. Is that from a sink or shower?

Through the partly opened door, I can see Nichelle Nichols, as the younger Lieutenant Uhura in a Star Trek uniform, approaching. I try shutting the door but can’t. I call out “Occupied” but she takes a couple of steps closer. I woke up.

According to a dream dictionary, a bowel movement may indicate I am getting rid of strong emotions or old ways of thinking. Given that the slightly open door made the restroom public, I might also want to heed the dictionary comment, “To dream that you have a bowel movement in a public place suggests that you are expressing regret about something that you said.”

None of this explains the presence of Lieutenant Uhura. Perhaps Nichelle Nichols had heard that the Prophet was visiting Heaven in his dream and insisted on meeting me though others advised her that this was not an appropriate time.

Robert Urbanek wrote:In a dream from early this morning I am sitting on the toilet in a very small bathroom with the door ajar. The door opens to the outside of the house. I am having a bowel movement. Behind me I can hear water running. Is that from a sink or shower?

Through the partly opened door, I can see Nichelle Nichols, as the younger Lieutenant Uhura in a Star Trek uniform, approaching. I try shutting the door but can’t. I call out “Occupied” but she takes a couple of steps closer. I woke up.

According to a dream dictionary, a bowel movement may indicate I am getting rid of strong emotions or old ways of thinking. Given that the slightly open door made the restroom public, I might also want to heed the dictionary comment, “To dream that you have a bowel movement in a public place suggests that you are expressing regret about something that you said.”

None of this explains the presence of Lieutenant Uhura. Perhaps Nichelle Nichols had heard that the Prophet was visiting Heaven in his dream and insisted on meeting me though others advised her that this was not an appropriate time.

Awesome. Never change, @Robert Urbanek! :up:
The lieutenant's interest in me may be explained by a subsequent dream on August 17. Through haste and carelessness, I drop and break an 8-inch-wide terra cotta planter. I then find myself at a community center in Oakland, California where I am supposed to visit and do some favor for an 11-year-old Black girl. While waiting for instructions, I use the bathroom.

When I return, a man behind a counter gives me an address but I tell him I don’t have a smartphone and will need a map. After a short wait, he returns with a computer printed map with the route highlighted with a colored pen. I notice the route takes me in one direction, then doubles back to a point that is much closer to the starting point. I ask if there is a shorter route, and he says no. The total trip is about 20 miles. He says I need to take along a planter, which is the size of a large garbage bin one would leave at the curb. I say that is much too large and he gives me a plastic planter closer to the size of the one I broke.

I start on my trip, passing through an upscale suburban neighborhood. I want to go faster and reach down to press on the accelerator but discover I am traveling in a wheelchair.

The dream seems to suggest that there is no quick route to success, and I may be handicapped (the wheelchair) by my personal shortcomings. Any rash decision could be shattering (the terra cotta pot). It will be a long and slow journey and the result may provide a growth opportunity (the planter) for a future generation of Black people represented by the Black girl. My involvement in the fate of Black people may have prompted Lieutenant Uhura’s interest in me.

One consolation: If it’s a long journey, I don’t have to worry about dying soon.
Robert Urbanek wrote:The lieutenant's interest in me may be explained by a subsequent dream on August 17. Through haste and carelessness, I drop and break an 8-inch-wide terra cotta planter. I then find myself at a community center in Oakland, California where I am supposed to visit and do some favor for an 11-year-old Black girl. While waiting for instructions, I use the bathroom.

When I return, a man behind a counter gives me an address but I tell him I don’t have a smartphone and will need a map. After a short wait, he returns with a computer printed map with the route highlighted with a colored pen. I notice the route takes me in one direction, then doubles back to a point that is much closer to the starting point. I ask if there is a shorter route, and he says no. The total trip is about 20 miles. He says I need to take along a planter, which is the size of a large garbage bin one would leave at the curb. I say that is much too large and he gives me a plastic planter closer to the size of the one I broke.

I start on my trip, passing through an upscale suburban neighborhood. I want to go faster and reach down to press on the accelerator but discover I am traveling in a wheelchair.

The dream seems to suggest that there is no quick route to success, and I may be handicapped (the wheelchair) by my personal shortcomings. Any rash decision could be shattering (the terra cotta pot). It will be a long and slow journey and the result may provide a growth opportunity (the planter) for a future generation of Black people represented by the Black girl. My involvement in the fate of Black people may have prompted Lieutenant Uhura’s interest in me.

One consolation: If it’s a long journey, I don’t have to worry about dying soon.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O