Muslim Cleric in Australia says it's ok to beat/rape wives - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
By QatzelOk
Preaching that isn't going to change a society where

That this man is a preacher doesn't mean that he was "preaching" at the time he was quoted.

If a reporter sticks a microphone in your face and says, "What do you think of X?", he isn't preaching when he answers. Preaching means to try to sway your flock in an official capacity - at least when applied to a preacher.

When a catholic priest says, "Come here, Lucas, you'll like this," he isn't preaching, though he is a preacher.
By Tailz
QatzelOk wrote:That this man is a preacher doesn't mean that he was "preaching" at the time he was quoted.

If a reporter sticks a microphone in your face and says, "What do you think of X?", he isn't preaching when he answers. Preaching means to try to sway your flock in an official capacity - at least when applied to a preacher.

When a catholic priest says, "Come here, Lucas, you'll like this," he isn't preaching, though he is a preacher.

And if I remember correctly, this fellows initial comments were when he was preaching to his congregation.

Going by the op:
During a 2003 lecture also posted on the internet last year, Mr Hamza told followers that under Islamic law, men could demand sex from their wives, the Herald Sun reported.

Smells like he was preaching these values to his flock.
By Ter
I have never beaten or slapped any of my wives, but none of them has ever refused sex when I wanted it.
Besides, if a wife is obnoxious, she can be punished in many other ways. Physical violence is crude.

Ter
By Donna
My Fiance finally caved in last week, so hopefully I won't have problems once we're married, but if I REALLY wanted to get off, I'd probably drug her instead of physically abusing her.

lol
By Attica
Wow I am amazed at how self-degrading Qatz has become in his blind defence of abhorrent Islamic practices.
By QatzelOk
Attica wrote:Wow I am amazed at how self-degrading Qatz has become in his blind defence of abhorrent Islamic practices.

It doesn't make any sense, does it.

You're supposed to degrade other people, right?
By Attica
No, but this fascination with being a contrarian for the sake of it is really pathetic. Unless of course you support Muslim clerics preaching that beating your wife is ok, in which case you're in an even worse position. Well done, QATZ, you domestic violence apologist/proponent.
By QatzelOk
Wow, Attica, you really succeeded in cornering both me and Moslem clerics with your clever text ruse.

Consider me and Moslems both degraded.

Don't you look holy now.
By Attica
I'm not trying to degrade you, just say it how it is.

Continue your support of domestic violence.
By Godstud
Having the right to demand sex and getting it are two different things. :D
By QatzelOk
Attica wrote:Continue your support of domestic violence.

By smearing Islam, you have actually done a lot to support the recent murders of 1200 Palestinians.

That's the real ruse here. Bomb Moslems for more power, and then tell yourself how "evil" they were - as evil as the Sodomites were perhaps.

So Attica, continue your support of racism and genocide. It's what the rich people who own our media would like you to do. And it's always a good idea to suck up to the rich - no matter how immoral they are. They can always afford to make others look even more corrupt and violent.
By Tailz
QatzelOk wrote: By smearing Islam, you have actually done a lot to support the recent murders of 1200 Palestinians.

The issue is a double edged sword Qatz, as much as I can see your point the same happens on the other side of the proverbial religious fence. By smearing the non-believers Muslims justify violent Jihad.

QatzelOk wrote:That's the real ruse here. Bomb Moslems for more power, and then tell yourself how "evil" they were - as evil as the Sodomites were perhaps.

Muslims have done the same. Follow Islamic law or the militias blow up schools for girls, shot people for playing rock’n’roll music, or behead the hated infidel. The real ruse is the use of force and violent power to enforce a nasty mix of economic greed and religious dogma. You will buy our Buddy Mohammad/Jesus, consume our politic, and grovel to our deity – or else.
By Godstud
Qatxel wasn't supporting domestic violence.

I am sure you could find some radical Catholic priests who would likely have a similar view on this subject.
This is ONE man saying this and shouldn't reflect all Islam as a result.
By QatzelOk
Tailz wrote:the same happens on the other side of the proverbial religious fence. By smearing the non-believers Muslims justify violent Jihad.

But "the other side of the fence" doesn't have access to Hollywood and all our television infrastructure. They would have a hard time "smearing" us. All they have to smear "the Western" side of the fence with is our frequent mass murders of their people. Like the recent bombing of Gaza, or of Lebanon, or of Iraq, or of Afghanistan.

So while we spread rumors of a mullah saying un-PC things, they bury the children we have killed.
By Godstud
Us? We? You live in Montreal. You are Western, QatzelOk.
All they have to smear "the Western" side of the fence with is our frequent mass murders of their people.

That's a "pity us" statement if I ever heard one. The smearing happens, only its medium isn't just TV. That's an opinion with no fact to back it up.

All who watch TV know the news is biased towards whatever audience it is meant for. This includes Muslim TV, of which even people in Muslim countries have access too. They have their channels and their news. You seem to be making some kind of assumption that Muslim countries are backwards and don't have TV.
Al-Manar: Lebanese TV that aims to preserve islamic values, to enhance civilized role of Arab and Islamic Community
Cablevison: Cable network
Entertainment TV Entertainment channel from Lebanon
Future TV NEWS Commercial lebanese channel
LBC VDO Lebanese general TV channel
METV Tourism channel TV
NBN National Broadcasting Network
New TV Online Local channel from Lebanon
Tele Lumiere Christian channel
That's just some Lebanese TV stations. They have access to satellite as much as we do. I can watch Lebanese TV on my satellite.

We get information, from TV, that has been 'filtered' for content. We don't always get the full story from local TV and have to base arguments on the information you and I have. This often means looking and searching for information that is not on that lone medium.
By Tailz
QatzelOk wrote:But "the other side of the fence" doesn't have access to Hollywood and all our television infrastructure. They would have a hard time "smearing" us. All they have to smear "the Western" side of the fence with is our frequent mass murders of their people. Like the recent bombing of Gaza, or of Lebanon, or of Iraq, or of Afghanistan.

So while we spread rumors of a mullah saying un-PC things, they bury the children we have killed.

I think Godstud has written an answer that pretty much I agree with.
By QatzelOk
What Godstud has done is provided a list of "Arab" TV stations, as if this "proves" that the Arab world can use TV (or other expensive mass media) to smear the West with the same ease the West smears the non-white poor populations of the world.

There is no equivalent of Arab Disney or Arab Hollywood. The Arab mind is forced to look at the world around him with his own eyes. There are no millionaire media tycoons to provide him with a set of artificial eyes with which to "understand" the fake world that corporations construct.

The West was created by media/text. The resentment towards it was created by mass murder.
By Tailz
QatzelOk wrote: What Godstud has done is provided a list of "Arab" TV stations, as if this "proves" that the Arab world can use TV (or other expensive mass media) to smear the West with the same ease the West smears the non-white poor populations of the world.

There is no equivalent of Arab Disney or Arab Hollywood. The Arab mind is forced to look at the world around him with his own eyes. There are no millionaire media tycoons to provide him with a set of artificial eyes with which to "understand" the fake world that corporations construct.

The West was created by media/text. The resentment towards it was created by mass murder.

You assume I totally disagree with your point of view QatzelOk. Not totally. My position is a little between your and Godstuds. The Arab world has plenty of reasons to hate the west, because of the actions of Western leaders. But in their own communities, through their own media, they can tar and feather Westerns as a whole with simple generalisations – just as much as our own media brandishes the proverbial bucket of tar for them. Both societies have plenty of reasons to hate each other; their brothers have been bombed into submission by Western bombs. While our people have also been of the receiving end of their bombs in return.
By Godstud
Disney and Hollywood are not representations of the West. They are entertainment mediums only. To say we are ruled by them is statement with no weight.

:lol: That statement has no factual basis. Utter poppycock. Your statement is hypocritical. You hate the West and you are a product of it. If you are going to demonize the West it might be wise of you to remember you are a product of it, as well.
Your blanket statements are inaccurate, as most statements of that kind tend to be.

The Arab mind is forced to look at the world around him with his own eyes.

When I provided you a list of tv stations I was showing you that these countries you spoke of do, in fact, have mediums to convey information in the same way we have. True, not everyone watches TV(even in Canada). If anything people watching TV is becoming less common because of other entertainment and information mediums being present.
OR they are forced to look upon it by the eyes of the people who are in power or religious leaders who tell them things. This happens in the West too so don't try to honey coat the fact that religion rules these countries.
There are no millionaire media tycoons to provide him with a set of artificial eyes with which to "understand" the fake world that corporations construct.

You live in nice old Montreal and spout this nonsense. If western culture is so abhorrent to you then why are you even living in Canada?

Much of this resentment is because of ignorance and not because Canada bombs Gaza & Palestine. We are as ignorant of their culture as they are of ours. This doesn't make us mass murderers as much as it makes them mass murders.

On the original topic...
No, it's not OK to beat/rape your wife. Australia can censor him if they find he is in fact "preaching "this. This is merely an extremist spouting the usual religious nonsense.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/u[…]

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]