Top Saudi Education Official Fired After Yoda Shows Up In History Textbook - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Talking Points Memo wrote:Top Saudi Education Official Fired After Yoda Shows Up In History Textbook

By ESME CRIBB Published SEPTEMBER 27, 2017 1:29 PM

Proofread or do not, there is no try.

Mohammed bin Attia Al-Harthi, the Saudi Arabian education ministry’s undersecretary for curriculum and education programs, was fired this week after an edited image of Yoda, the iconic “Star Wars” character, showed up in a history textbook, Saudi-owned television channel Al Arabiya reported on Monday.

Per the report, education minister Ahmed Al-Issa also fired “others responsible for the mishap who reviewed and approved” the image of the late King Faisal, then a prince, signing the United Nations charter in 1945 with Yoda by his side.

Al-Issa apologized for the error on Twitter.

Saudi artist Shaweesh created the image as part of a series superimposing “U.S. cultural symbols ranging from Captain America to Darth Vader onto famous historical events,” according to his website.

Shaweesh told the BBC it was not clear how his work ended up in the school textbook, but said he did not mean to offend with the edited image, and chose Yoda to accompany the monarch because their characters were both “wise, strong and always calm.”

“Everyone loves King Faisal here, even the younger generations,” he said. “Someone should have checked the image before printing.”

This article was written by Esme Cribb from Talking Points Memo and was legally licensed through the NewsCred publisher network. Please direct all licensing questions to legal@newscred.com.

I hope nobody will be beheaded for this.
You're all missing the point here - this is actually a cover-up to conceal the decisive role Yoda has played in the history of the Middle East over the past century or more. The photographic evidence speaks for itself! The truth is out there, people! :eek:
Beren wrote:So I opened this thread 3 years ago. It's like someone hacked my account because I can't even remember that. Which I really regret because it must have been a magical moment. :lol:

Perhaps it was Yoda himself? Those damned Jedi and their mind-tricks.... :eek:

Not even @wat0n denies that the IDF and Israeli[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]