Zalando boss to quit 'to prioritise wife's career' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
BBC wrote:"My wife and I have agreed that for the coming years, her professional ambitions should take priority," Mr Ritter said in a statement.

"I want to devote more time to my growing family. After more than 11 amazing years where Zalando has been my priority, I feel that it is time to give my life a new direction."

The company declined to name Mr Ritter's wife or her occupation. But it said the couple had one child and were expecting another in early 2021.

Mr Ritter, 38, earned €6.8m in 2019 and €20.2m in 2018, making him one of Germany's highest paid executives.

After 11+ years and a completed career path guy decides to devote more time to his family and says it's time to priorotise his wife's professional ambitions while expecting their second child in early next year.

Really? Does she mean to run for chancellor of Germany perhaps? We don't know because neither her identity nor her career plans and ambitions are publicly known. :lol:
Beren wrote:After 11+ years and a completed career path guy decides to devote more time to his family and says it's time to priorotise his wife's professional ambitions while expecting their second child in early next year.

Given his earnings many would say he made the right decision regardless. For some a career is the meaning for their existence. For others it is just a means to exist. Clearly this guy is in category 2. Whereas his wife must be in category 1.
B0ycey wrote:Given his earnings many would say he made the right decision regardless. For some a career is the meaning for their existence. For others it is just a means to exist. Clearly this guy is in category 2. Whereas his wife must be in category 1.

The whole story is bullshit, his wife must be a complete nobody if her identity can be kept secret. The guy just wants to retire and focus on his family life as his second child is coming, however, he feels like serving that agenda for some reason (a PR stunt most likely) while his wife doesn't have any serious career plans that would be worth such a move. I wonder if anyone will care to keep us updated on the story.
Beren wrote:The whole story is bullshit, his wife must be a complete nobody if her identity can be kept secret. The guy just wants to retire and focus on his family life as his second child is coming, however, he feels like serving that agenda for some reason while his wife doesn't have any serious career plans that would be worth such a move. I wonder if anyone will care to keep us updated on the story.

Whilst I don't disagree with any of this, why do you think there is an agenda? The guy obviously wanted to quit because he had the financial means to do so and when he handed in his notice, this was the first thing he could come up with that explained his motive away from just saying that living life was more important to him than his career.

He was just a category 2 guy in an environment of category 1 exclusives. His wife must be a category 1 also. Either that or just a lady who uses her career as a venture whilst living off her husbands wealth. Either way she was a good excuse. And the excuse made the story, for the story is unusual. So no, we won't know what happens in act 2. Not unless she really was running for chancellor of course.
Beren wrote:Why do I think there's a feminist agenda?

That would imply the motive was from the media rather than Ritter of course. But even so, equal representation in the work place has been an agenda for the West that is no secret in any regard. It’s is a progressive movement and not necessarily a bad movement per se. The only issue is people forget that stereotype behaviour is actually human instinct. That is to say if the mother is in the office, someone still has to look after any children. And usually when the discussion in made over dinner on who should take that role, it is instinct not politics they dictate the woman stays home. You of course get the odd PoD where the gender roles are reversed. But this is rare and in in fact explains why men and not women do hold most of the senior roles in the cooperate West. There simply isn't enough women in the workforce to achieve the desired ratio.
B0ycey wrote:That would imply the motive was from the media rather than Ritter of course.

It's a PR stunt for Zalando, which is supposed to be a progressive company anyway.

Zalando will make a sustainability assessment mandatory for its brands from 2023

Meanwhile, we don't even know who and how Ritter's wife is, although I'd be really curious as to whether what career plans she has while expecting their second child in early next year. :lol:
One way of looking at it is that while the husbands career, in this case, is likely far more 'successful' than any his wife either has or possibly will have, he might feel he has achieved his full potential. Maybe he hates where he is, maybe his 'drive' that brought him there is gone. Maybe they feel that her 'drive' is more important now.

Either way, we are talking about a family that are likely worth over 100 million Euros. They have the freedom to do whatever they want and they seem to be doing it.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]