Meghan Markle abused & bullied Buckingham Palace staff to tears - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
Royal streamlining that Snapdragon keeps referring to can’t come soon enough. This Institution damages people’s lives and then hangs them out to dry when they’re not needed anymore and don’t toe the line.

We seem to lack empathy for people if they’re ‘rich’. Royal children are exploited from a young age. No different to Britney Spears or other child stars who are forced into a life not of their choosing. They are victims.

Astonishing that so many can’t see it from that angle because their hate for the ‘rich’ blinds them :hmm:

Edit - and I’m not talking about Markle here.

Edit - and where is the Royal communiqué everyone keeps going on about? It’s certainly not on the official website..
@ness31 there is a Latin American soap opera that says what you say....It is called Los Ricos Tambien Lloran, which means The Rich Also Cry. The audience is mainly people who struggle in life to make end's meet, waiting tables, taking lab samples, weighing fruits and vegetables and they see the rich who can pick and choose their careers free of the burdens of debt and wage servitude and then they see.....there it is. Wealth makes one cry as well. Because in the end? Human beings must suffer and they have to go through pain and discrimination too....just like the little people.....

Oh Ness....Are Meagan and Prince Harry living in some car and evicted from their home because they waited tables and the restaurant business is closing due to COVID problems and they got to scramble to try to make things work? No. Those two are well off people with health, wealth and a lot of control over their own lives. They also are a fertile couple with so far healthy children to raise. I don't think their lives are endless suffering.

Meagan knew she would be marrying into wealth and privilege and papparrazzi madness. She should have weighed the pros and cons and decided on what had to happen for her.

They chose to leave. Who cares about their problems? I don't. Interracial couple? The reality is that the UK is an Anglo culture and nation. They speak English and the majority are from a Calvinist Protestant tradition. The UK has a bunch of ex colonial empire minorities living there. Jamaicans, Nigerians, Indians, Pakistanis, Hong Kong Chinese, etc. But it isn't Los Angeles or New York levels of non Anglos.

If you weren't comfortable there then you had to have a plan B.

I don't worry too much about well off people with fortunate circumstances. There are enough real life problems to avoid worrying about the royal couple in California.
Oh Ness....Are Meagan and Prince Harry living in some car and evicted from their home because they waited tables and the restaurant business is closing due to COVID problems and they got to scramble to try to make things work? No. Those two are well off people with health, wealth and a lot of control over their own lives. They also are a fertile couple with so far healthy children to raise. I don't think their lives are endless suffering.

I am not defending the Sussexes. I’ve not even watched the interview and I’m hanging on by a thread not to because it’s like everyone else has except me :|

I was just commenting on that one clip where Harry specifically says that he sees his father and brother as being trapped in The Establishment while he managed to break free...kind of but not really because being a Royal is somewhat like having an STD that is with you for life.

They are bred. They are groomed. They are exploited. Their life is not their own but for a limited set of (what appear excellent) options.

Harry was a child of a cold and weirdly dysfunctional family; of divorce, raised without his mum for many of his defining years. He found some meaning in the armed forces only to have that stripped from him with such vengeance.

Thats how I see it. These individuals are trapped in an Institution that views them as expendable. Well then, if Harry tried to make a run for it while keeping as many benefits as he could, I can hardly blame him.
Tainari88 wrote:
What is the English one.

That anthem from England is a trip! I wonder why they start with "God Save the Queen?" and not "God Save the King?" and make enemies fall? Kind of interesting. The Queen? Why a female monarch is the big deal there? I am curious?

The song changes depending on the Monarch's sex/gender. It's been "God Save The Queen" since it's performance at 1953's coronation service. It will automatically charge to God Save The King when Prince Charles or Prince William takes the throne.

People will miss the "Queen version" for a while.

"Some recollections may vary"

Classy Monarch. Polite way of saying "she's lying".

Let the British press run with it.
Very classy. Very impressive indeed.
Meghan will either have to name the royal concerned or look like a liar.

Seeing as how she hasn’t stopped lying her socks off since she met Harry, I plump for the latter.

I want to clarify my meaning when I pointed out the British public especially won’t like paying for the security of the children of celebrities in America.

I meant the children of British celebrities.
We don’t pay for their security when they’re at home, let alone living in foreign lands.

Edit: tainari, I don’t know if you’re serious when you confuse a curtesy with a Latin American dance, but just in case - have you ever watched a historical film or drama, or even a Disney princess film?

Something like pride and prejudice, for example? The women in the films are forever bobbing curtseys. It used to be a courtesy thing, as hand shakes are now.

There’s nothing to it. It’s not necessary to curtesy to the queen, but it’s often done
Last edited by snapdragon on 10 Mar 2021 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

Let's be honest, we were all expecting this.

Piers was clearly getting to the end of his patience having to hang around with a bunch of woke leftists because the show is being programmed that way. This was the moment he finally had enough of it.

Be interesting to see if ITV finds another right winger to fill his place or ditches the "mixed-politics at the table" dynamic completely.

He can't stop attacking her because that what Narcissists do to you, they give you the shits and get under your skim to the point where you become absolutely obsessed with calling them out for the liars they are.
colliric wrote:He can't stop attacking her because that what Narcissists do to you, they give you the shits and get under your skim to the point where you become absolutely obsessed with calling them out for the liars they are.

I think almost everyone knows at least one narcissist in their life. And they should be aware that attacking or quarrelling with a narcissist, no matter how annoying or obnoxious they become, is a hiding to nothing. In fact, the narcissist wants you to become obsessed with them, and most narcissists thrive on having shouting arguments with the people around them. They love it. It means they are important enough to be centre-stage all the time; what they fear more than anything else is being ignored. Piers Morgan should have known better than to let Meghan Markle get under his skin.
He’s very funny about her, but I’m not a fan of his. He talks over people and doesn’t let them get a word in edgeways.

Another thing I’m not a fan of is how many people seem to think the palace should have the power to interfere with the media so they can’t say anything negative about Meghan. What’s that about?

A friend of mine, who watched the interview, told me that Meghan claimed Harry was trapped, so Oprah said to him, do you think you were trapped Harry?

He said something on the lines of - I didn’t know I was trapped until I met Meghan. Lol.

He also put his head down and looked away when he was asked about the real wedding in the garden.

I say, more interviews, please. Give them plenty of rope. :cheers: :lol:
snapdragon wrote:Very classy. Very impressive indeed.
Meghan will either have to name the royal concerned or look like a liar.

Seeing as how she hasn’t stopped lying her socks off since she met Harry, I plump for the latter.

I want to clarify my meaning when I pointed out the British public especially won’t like paying for the security of the children of celebrities in America.

I meant the children of British celebrities.
We don’t pay for their security when they’re at home, let alone living in foreign lands.

Edit: tainari, I don’t know if you’re serious when you confuse a curtesy with a Latin American dance, but just in case - have you ever watched a historical film or drama, or even a Disney princess film?

Something like pride and prejudice, for example? The women in the films are forever bobbing curtseys. It used to be a courtesy thing, as hand shakes are now.

There’s nothing to it. It’s not necessary to curtesy to the queen, but it’s often done

Snapdragon I was just being funny or making a joke about that. Of course I know what a curtsy is. I was being facetious.

Every culture has its protocols.

Who is Meghan Markle anyway? She is the daughter of an educated African American woman and an American almost working-class but made good money in Hollywood white American guy. She grew up in the states and got a great education etc. She got a TV show and was on her way to being famous and then she got married, got divorced and then she met Harry.

Harry could have married whoever he most liked out of the British women or European ones who he met. He did not. He liked the American divorcee there with mixed-race heritage and a fine education. I don't know if she is a liar but her extended family is pretty blue-collar and vulgar in general, mostly on her father's white side.

Like I always said before people don't fall in love with a nationality they fall in love with an individual. And Prince Harry fell in love with Meghan. I would think the culture shock for Meghan was serious. I don't understand a large percentage of British culture at all. And I do mean at all. I can study it and so on? But the only way to get to know it is to live there and interact socially for a long time. The Royal Family apparently is an institution. Maybe she doesn't like being a part of it at all.

Her only mistake was becoming a part of it in the first place? She should have told them up front...I am not interested in the titles, the money or the fishbowl life. I am running away with the redheaded Prince Harry and having some babies and getting out of the UK. Don't really pay attention to me.

Lol. I wonder how realistic that would have been for them? who knows?

Why pay attention to these Royal people anyway? Most of them never say anything remotely controversial. Again the way the women dress in general like the old one Queen Elizabeth I find it kind of ugly.

If you are going to pay attention to someone do it to someone worth watching that says interesting things, is intellectual and engaging and or has artistic tastes that are worth noting. Why waste your time gaping at some old people in England with bad clothing tastes and saying conventional stuff all day long.

I find all the emotional repression of the Anglos boring as hell to tell you the truth.

I am used to a bunch of Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Brazilians, Argentines, Chileans, Panamanians, Dominicans, and so on being very emotionally expressive and open and they don't repress anything at all.

I find that far more interesting. If the British are thinking or feeling something? Very few people are going to know about it because their cultural mode is to keep quiet. Don't use your hands a lot while talking, use a very low tone or something not too loud or inprecise and be eccentric but keep your opinions that might draw criticism to a minimum. That is their culture.

Not many nationalities share that culture at all. Most cultures are into their own stuff anyway and that is why people gravitate to their own ethnic groups. They understand them better. They find it easier to cope and blend in. Do you change people's cultural rules? They get confused and upset mostly.

@colliric mentioned that anthem thing about God Save the Queen and it is something alien to me. Most republics in the Americas are into some form of constitutionally based government and it is another world.
colliric wrote:Let's be honest, we were all expecting this.

Piers was clearly getting to the end of his patience having to hang around with a bunch of woke leftists because the show is being programmed that way. This was the moment he finally had enough of it.

I think a far more likely explanation is he has a contract lined up at either Andrew Neil's new "GB News" outfit, or Rupert Murdoch's "News UK" channel, and that this was a staged exit, calculated to get as much news coverage as possible.

Never forget that on a fundamental level, Piers Morgan is little more than a self-promoting wanker, who has somehow managed to monetise being "the twat's twat". Lol.
Heisenberg wrote:Never forget that on a fundamental level, Piers Morgan is little more than a self-promoting wanker, who has somehow managed to monetise being "the twat's twat". Lol.

He is also a phone hacker and should have been sent down with Coulson. People forget that because he retained the lie. He also deliberately manipulated headlines and turned them into lies to sell papers. People forget that too.

He was more than just a loud mouth on morning TV. He is a liar and a cheat, the very thing he accuses Meghan of, although I am sure she is merely telling people how it was whereas his rants at her was to protect his friends in the tabloids. A tail of two characters.
I watched the GMB on the morning the day before he got sacked, on Monday and he had truly lost the plot. He was ranting and raving like a lunatic and was evidently hurt.

He was just repeating himself in rage.

While sympathetic to what he was saying, I still could not bear him and kept wondering how on earth is the channel tolerating him.

Heisenberg wrote:I think a far more likely explanation is he has a contract lined up at either Andrew Neil's new "GB News" outfit, or Rupert Murdoch's "News UK" channel, and that this was a staged exit, calculated to get as much news coverage as possible.

Never forget that on a fundamental level, Piers Morgan is little more than a self-promoting wanker, who has somehow managed to monetise being "the twat's twat". Lol.

This makes sense.
They were programming the show to be right wing male him vs the left wing female host.

They were going for "the clash" style programming hopeful to win both a conservative and a liberal audience.

Some morning shows and panel shows deliberately do that.

He's going to be hired by Rupert anyway now so he's fine. The Piers fans will go with him though, so GMB's ratings are going to tank for a bit.
snapdragon wrote:[i]Of the many shocking statements made by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their full-scale assault on the monarchy during their two-hour interview with Oprah Winfrey, the most peculiar was surely Meghan’s claim to know nothing about the British monarchy when she first met Harry. She was so incurious that she didn’t bother to read a volume of history or biography. She said she didn’t even do an internet search to learn the basics. Her knowledge of the Royal Family, she said, was based only on what Harry “was sharing with me.” Astonishingly, as a graduate of well-regarded Northwestern University, she said her sense of Royal life was based on “fairytales.”.

I've had intimates and girl friends that have known nothing about software development, and have been so incurious that they didn't bother to read a single volume on programming, computer science or software engineering. It strikes me that Meghan pampered the absurd puffed up egotism of the Royal Family, too much not too little. I'm sorry if this upsets the sensibilities of British conservatives as to how a gentile woman should behave.

My Republicanism doesn't blind me to virtue within the royal family. The Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Andrew and Prince Harry all fought and risked their lives for this country and on that basis all three have earnt my respect. As far as I can make out all three were forced out of military combat / proper service positions before they wished to. They've all been forced into idiotic, humiliating worthless roles afterwards. So for me any criticism of their conduct must be considered in that light.
Don Lemon is a fucking idiot.

The Royal Family is many things, but systematically racist is not one of them.

If they were genuinely racist, they would have blocked the marriage completely.

Does he not understand how respected and generally loved the family still is in the multiracial Commonwealth? Does he not understand how much charity work, and philanthropy this family is involved in? What a self righteous prick.

Queen Elizabeth II legit has done more charity work
for people in struggling countries than any other major political or social figure IN THE HISTORY OF THE ENTIRE WORLD. In fact it's basically her actual job.

She's raised over $2 billion dollars since starting her Royal duties. And that's just the Queen alone!

I wonder how much money Don Lemon has raised for struggling homeless Blacks? Indians? Cantonese? Maori?

Harry knows his family does endless charity work in foreign countries, yet allowed one honest comment taken out of context and obviously misconstrued to sway his opinion on his own entire family because his wife is a Narcissist.

Majority of Australians are still monarchists.
Last edited by colliric on 10 Mar 2021 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Beren wrote:That might be true, but I also wonder if how even half-bloods can cheer for blue-bloods like the Windsors.

Because as nutty, stuck up and rich as they are, the non-stop endless selfless charity work and past leadership during times of major political trouble remains extremely impressive.

Not to mention the Monarchy's general lengthy and impressive history, rivaled only by the history of the Papacy.

Because we have a grasp on who's white. I do too[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Learn some history. Churchill was one of the larg[…]

Ok, I'm on board then. I'm pretty sure this is m[…]

Moscow empire is definitely the junior partner […]