Alec Baldwin just legit accidentally shot a woman dead.... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

News stories of lesser political significance, but still of international interest.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Forum rules: Please include a source with news articles. No stupid or joke stories. The usual forum rules also still apply.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 5095/?s=09

RIP to the chick and I felt sorry for him too since that was clearly a freak accident and he's probably going to have PTSD now. Obviously the gun was being pointed in the direction of the camera for a (Camera) shot of the explosion.

To those who say, "can't they just use CGI" and "didn't they learn from Brandon Lee"? Nope they can't, they have to use blanks in films because the production didn't have the cash for realistic looking CGI, and even on big budget films they need to use Blanks to save money on both the Explosion and the "squib" impact, so they can focus their CGI budget on the "glory shots". There will always be an element of risk in making movies involving guns.

Baldwin isn't a big drawcard star anymore, apart for his Mission Impossible role.

Hated his Trump impersonation, but holy shit I don't wish that to ever happen to anyone.

Poor woman.

And he's going to need psychiatric treatment. A fucken accident.
fuser wrote:Ok I don't know much about guns but isn't the point of blanks is that they are not lethal? If a blank can kill people, whats the point?

It's a freak accident.

99.99% of the time they don't kill you. But in so many productions over the last 30 years since Brandon's death nothing had happened... Poor female DOP, Alec(PTSD case now for sure) and the director were just fucken unlucky.

Unfortunately people just don't understand that blanks have to be used in movies because realistic CGI is too fucken expensive as opposed to a few bucks for the squib(pyrotechnic used to simulate the Bullet hitting something) and blank, and a 99.99% no accident rate. Especially for low budget "major star but he's way past his prime" movies like this.

This is a new incident in the 0.01% of times something fatal actually happened.

Same thing probably happened as occurred in the Brandon Lee accident. Some shrapnel probably somehow lodged itself in the gun chamber and went unnoticed.
colliric wrote:It's a freak accident.

From my understanding Lee died from an actual bullet that was thought to be a blank. I'm guessing the same thing has happened here. Without knowing all the details of either case, I will admit I am guessing here. But it wouldn't surprise me if the director asked some stage hand to goto the ammo store to pick up some blanks and came back with real bullets.
B0ycey wrote:From my understanding Lee died from an actual bullet that was thought to be a blank.

My understanding was that the gun had previously been used to fire real bullets, a cartridge got lodged in the chamber of the gun, and the blank being fired propelled it out at Brandon Lee.

I'm guessing the same thing has happened here. Without knowing all the details of either case, I will admit I am guessing here. But it wouldn't surprise me if the director asked some stage hand to goto the ammo store to pick up some blanks and came back with real bullets.

Movie sets are not usually that sloppy, @B0ycey.
What REALLY happened with Brandon Lee is this.

They used real bullets because the movie had close up shots of the revolver in it and so real bullets needed to be used because the gun needed to look correctly fully loaded in camera. It was a revolver and you could see the bullet tips and they actually can't be faked.

They had removed the gunpowder but did not remove the primers. Some unknown person(most likely the actor Michael Massee, since he probably accidentally did it as part of shooting the close up of the gun) accidentally pulled the trigger on the gun while those dummy bullets being used for the closeup shots of the gun were inside. The primer minus the gunpowder, then discharged the bullet tip with enough force into the gun barrel, where it got stuck, completely unnoticed.

Then the crew following procedure and preparing for the planned shot where Brandon gets shot at close range, loaded the gun with regular blanks thinking it was safe.

First take, fires the gun at Brandon, blank's gunpowder & primer + bullet tip stuck in chamber = Real Bullet.

The scene in question was actually Eric's death scene. In the script he gets shot dead by Funboy(Massee) at point blank range while returning home from shopping to find the gang murdering his Girlfriend. They changed it for the final film to him getting beaten up and thrown out of the window.

That's what happened.
According to the BBC article I read blanks are made out of paper or cotton but often have extra gunpowder in them to create a bigger muzzle flash. They're certainly lethal at point blank and close range and any obstruction in the barrel can become a lethal projectile.
So some people might be a bit surprised that a gun control liberal type like Alec Baldwin should end up accidentality shooting someone. Especially as the film as I understand it was about someone who accidentally shoots someone. What people fail to understand is when these Liberals, especially elite Liberal types like Prince Charles Prince Andrew and Holywood Liberals, demand rules, the rules don't apply to them. It was the same with lock down, masks and socially distancing, do you think Holywood Liberals are going to obey the rules when they've got vitally important awards ceremonies, where they can congratulate each other on all the vitally important virtue signalling that they've been doing.
Rich wrote:So some people might be a bit surprised that a gun control liberal type like Alec Baldwin should end up accidentality shooting someone. Especially as the film as I understand it was about someone who accidentally shoots someone. What people fail to understand is when these Liberals, especially elite Liberal types like Prince Charles Prince Andrew and Holywood Liberals, demand rules, the rules don't apply to them. It was the same with lock down, masks and socially distancing, do you think Holywood Liberals are going to obey the rules when they've got vitally important awards ceremonies, where they can congratulate each other on all the vitally important virtue signalling that they've been doing.

Is he actually a gun control liberal?

I remember people bashed Keanu Reaves after those John Wick movies, when He's actually pro-1st. :lol:

In other words, are you just assuming, or do you know for a fact?
Rancid wrote:Is he actually a gun control liberal?

I remember people bashed Keanu Reaves after those John Wick movies, when He's actually pro-1st. :lol:

In other words, are you just assuming, or do you know for a fact?

Oh please Rancid, there's a thing called Google. Just type in "Alec Baldwin gun control".
Rich wrote:Oh please Rancid, there's a thing called Google. Just type in "Alec Baldwin gun control".

A lot of people aren't doing that. That is the point. My question was more rhetorical.

Anyway, I don't actually see a contradiction or issue if he is anti-gun. Plenty of people are say, anti-rape, and play rapists on TV. Are you suggesting we need to higher people from the respective groups the actors are portraying? Sounds very liberal. :lol:

For the record, as you know, I'm pro-first amendment.
Beren wrote:Then you definitely should watch the movie, during the shooting of which Alec Baldwin accidentally shot a camerawoman while playing someone accidentally shooting someone. Accident and shooting... Got it?

So there's some irony in there too. That's cool.

Alec = murderer.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]