This Land is Mine - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Jihsan
Moderators, please make this a sticky thread.

LYRIC:

The Exodus Song, "This Land is Mine"
(Lyrics by Pat Boone. Sung by Andy Williams)

[youtube]-evIyrrjTTY[/youtube]

Views: 1,077,768

Watch right until the end. Lovely song.
By Hirdmann
dcomplex wrote:Wait wait wait.

The league of nations gave it to the Jews, not god.

Actually, the UN gave it to the Jews, before the UN became the Arab world's submissive little b.tch
By dcomplex
Kinda. The league gave the Jews an unalienable right to settle in the land west of the Jordan river and managed by the Mandatory Power under oversight from the league's Mandates Commission. The UN only passed a nonbinding resolution suggesting a partition of the land. The UN charter merely reaffirms the Jews' right to settlement as determined by binding international instrument passed under the league and even affirmed by the USA in the Anglo-American convention of 1925.

The UN decision was to give the Jews only half the land they were already entitled to.
By pugsville
The Balfour Declaration included in the League of Nations mandate can be interrupted in many ways.
But ultimately it was ethically wrong. The Idea that people have rights to land based on where they ancestors were 2,000 years ago is manifestly stupid.

The League of Nations Mandate system was basically colonialism with some disguising language.
By dcomplex
If you deny the Jewish right to Palestine, you deny the Syrian right to Syria and the Iraqi right to Iraq. The Palestine Arabs are very similar to Henlein's Sudeten Nazis. Israel should force them out before the international community sacrifices it to appease the unappeasable Arabs
By Buzz62
dcomplex wrote:If you deny the Jewish right to Palestine, you deny the Syrian right to Syria and the Iraqi right to Iraq. The Palestine Arabs are very similar to Henlein's Sudeten Nazis. Israel should force them out before the international community sacrifices it to appease the unappeasable Arabs

Unbelievable...
By Buzz62
dcomplex wrote:I am sorry but I don't see how colonialism is racist. Often Anticolonialism is racist.

You don't?
Perhaps you haven't educated yourself about the effects of colonialism on the native populations of colonized nations?

Look, I can already tell that you will say anything in order to justify the theft of Palestine.
Or to justify the methods employed by the Zionist Ashkenazi in order to take what was not theirs.
But make no mistake...colonialism is a racist act in almost all cases.
By dcomplex
The Jews bought Palestine, and the Arabs attacked and lost the rest of it. You are a racist because you don't think Jews should be allowed to live on property that they owned.
By Buzz62
dcomplex wrote:The Jews bought Palestine, and the Arabs attacked and lost the rest of it. You are a racist because you don't think Jews should be allowed to live on property that they owned.

I see...well I got news for ya.
Rothchild and his buddies did buy much of the land of Palestine.
Funny that his family will not live there themselves, eh?

Anything they did not buy, the Zionists took. They took it then, and today they'll take more.
I think you'd better think about just who is racist, and who is being discriminated against.
By dcomplex
Buzz62 wrote:I see...well I got news for ya.
Rothchild and his buddies did buy much of the land of Palestine.
Funny that his family will not live there themselves, eh?

Anything they did not buy, the Zionists took. They took it then, and today they'll take more.
I think you'd better think about just who is racist, and who is being discriminated against.

Wrong, we only took what we won in a war that the Arabs started. We will keep doing so. The Arabs should learn a lesson to leave us alone.
By Buzz62
dcomplex wrote:Wrong, we only took what we won in a war that the Arabs started. We will keep doing so. The Arabs should learn a lesson to leave us alone.

And again we see the face of Zionism.
Take another man's home, deny you took it, and threaten to kill him if he opposes.

What an abomination...
On Self Interest

@Wellsy But if we were to define "moral […]

He did not occupy czechoslovakia. The people ther[…]

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]