Another nail in the coffin - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Violent resistance grabs headlines because that's all zionism will air, in order to justify itself. Peaceful protests were never covered on the MSM. NGOs and Palestinians filming zionist violence are often at much danger for sharing reality. And I guess you don't know peaceful demonstrations in Palestine are illegal.

But tell me more about how "the Palestinians can engage in resistance". :lol:
skinster wrote:Israel already gets much more than "pity and help from the US", they are supported with financial and military aid and supported politically all of the time. It is actually for these reasons that Israel is "unwilling to play nice".

The US is not a humanitarian country, Misty, it's the current empire causing much death and destruction all over the world. The humanitarian shit on display is minute in comparison.
fff

I know that the US is not a true humanitarian country. Americans pretend to be so caring and helpful, but they do anything for selfish reasons. I am so sick of games and manipulation.
skinster wrote:Violent resistance grabs headlines because that's all zionism will air, in order to justify itself. Peaceful protests were never covered on the MSM.

But acts of terrorism are never portrayed as acts of resistance, no matter the media outlet. So acts of terrorism do not work towards the goal of freedom for those the terrorists acts in the name of, it just leads to further and far more harsh oppression.

skinster wrote:NGOs and Palestinians filming zionist violence are often at much danger for sharing reality.

So let me get this right, your complaining that Palestinians using cameras to non-violently document the crimes of Settlers and the state of Israel is putting the lives of those behind the camera in jeopardy (ether from violence or death)? Yet your OK with acts of terrorism, which also puts the life of those waging that terrorism in jeopardy?

skinster wrote:And I guess you don't know peaceful demonstrations in Palestine are illegal.

Actually yes I do know the state of Israel has unjustly made such protests illegal.
Tailz wrote:The bulk of the resistance against Israel conducted by Palestinians is non-violent

I don't count the Palestinian's non-violent resistance while they are sleeping or the 5 times a day they pray to Allah. :roll:
Tailz wrote:But acts of terrorism are never portrayed as acts of resistance, no matter the media outlet. So acts of terrorism do not work towards the goal of freedom for those the terrorists acts in the name of, it just leads to further and far more harsh oppression.

The harsh oppression will remain whether there is resistance or not.

Also, believe it or not, not all media is zionist.

So let me get this right, your complaining that Palestinians using cameras to non-violently document the crimes of Settlers and the state of Israel is putting the lives of those behind the camera in jeopardy (ether from violence or death)? Yet your OK with acts of terrorism, which also puts the life of those waging that terrorism in jeopardy?

You didn't get it right, I was just stating that Palestinians (and their supporters) experience violence simply for documenting their oppression.

Actually yes I do know the state of Israel has unjustly made such protests illegal.

Good. So how do you suggest Palestinians can end their oppression since you know the occupation has no plan to end, that Israel never had plans for peace with the Palestinians, etc.?
skinster wrote:Good. So how do you suggest Palestinians can end their oppression since you know the occupation has no plan to end, that Israel never had plans for peace with the Palestinians, etc.?

The so-called Palestinians have proved that they never had a plan for peace by continuing their attacks against Israel and teaching their children to hate the Jews.
Oxymoron wrote:Good, there cannot be a two state solution. Muslims cannot live in peace with anyone who holds different beliefs.

If somebody said that Jews cannot live in peace with anyone who holds different beliefs.... oy vey, they would call this "racism". Jews were ALWAYS innocent victims who " didn't do nothing".

But it is OK to make blanket statements about non - Jews.

As Orwell said: Some of us are more equal than the rest!
BTW, Muslims and Christians lived in peace in Palestine, till Zionists started with their instigation of hatred between Muslims and Christians.
ArtAllm wrote:BTW, Muslims and Christians lived in peace in Palestine, till Zionists started with their instigation of hatred between Muslims and Christians.

That is only because those Christians were submissive to the Muslims.

Arab Christians are fleeing in droves from Bethlehem, the hallowed city of Jesus Christ’s birth. In 1990, Christians made up a majority of the city’s residents; today they make up only about 15%. “With thousands more fleeing the city every year,” reports America’s correspondent Jeremy Zipple, “you can’t help but wonder, will there be any Christians left here…in the not too distant future?”

“The separation wall…cuts family from each other. People get humiliated at checkpoints. People do not have many opportunities to improve their living standards. So, therefore, Christians who can afford to, are trying to leave this country,” says interviewee Hanan Nasrallah, a Palestinian employee of Catholic Relief Services.

Nasrallah’s calculation is simple: Israel built a wall; the wall makes life difficult; therefore, Palestinian Christians are leaving.

According to Nasrallah, both Palestinian Christians and Muslims face the same challenges. It is only the Jewish occupation that is causing them both misery.

And yet the Muslim population of Bethlehem is growing. Muslims, in fact, are not fleeing. They are arriving—in large numbers.

Surely there is some significance in this disparity between the two populations. Why is the Muslim sector of Bethlehem growing while the Christian sector is falling? Both face the same exact set of circumstances.

Inside Israel proper, the Christian population has been growing steadily for decades. Today, Christian Arabs are serving in the army and at various levels of the Israeli government.

It is no coincidence that Bethlehem was mostly Christian until the 1990s. Until then, Bethlehem was ruled directly by Israel through a military administration. Although they were not full citizens of Israel, Palestinian Christians (and Muslims) could travel freely inside the country, visit the beach, and shop in Jewish neighborhoods. That all changed in the mid-1990s when Israel agreed to let the PLO rule parts of the West Bank and Gaza under a famous treaty called the Oslo Accords.

The Oslo Accords were intended to lead to peace between the two peoples. Regrettably, it led to the greatest outbreak of violence the two sides had ever seen during the Second Intifada.

The Palestinian Authority—the government created by the PLO to manage the West Bank and Gaza—is, by its own constitution, an Islamic state that embodies the principles of shari’a. Christians living under the PA are “accorded sanctity and respect,” but, as is the case under all shari’a-based systems, Christians are relegated to the status of second class citizens. Of course, it is illegal to convert from Islam to Christianity. Let’s not even mention the fact that sale of land to Jews is a crime punishable by death.

Discrimination against Christians under the Palestinian Authority isn’t just legal—it’s also social. Living as a Christian, one is constantly reminded that he or she is not a member of the majority culture.

I’ve spoken to numerous Palestinian Christians who describe how Muslim terrorists would commandeer Christian homes and use them to direct sniper fire on Israeli soldiers. Others speak of systematic discrimination in hiring, housing, and education. Of course, all of these conversations take place in private meetings and hushed tones. Christians in Bethlehem rarely interact with Muslims beyond the marketplace, and are, in fact, very much afraid. But in public, Palestinian Christians speak like Hanan Nasrallah—equating their situation with their Muslim neighbors and lauding the happy coexistence between the two groups.

They don’t have a choice. They are hostages inside their own city.

America would have us believe that Israel is forcing Palestinian Christians to flee Bethlehem because of the wall it built to stop terrorism. In reality, Christians are fleeing for the same reason they are fleeing Iraq, Egypt, and Syria: the rise of Islamic intolerance and violence against anyone who denies the revelation of Muhammad.

Palestinian Christians don’t like the wall, it’s true. But their main problem is that they are stuck living on the wrong side of it. It is not surprising that many Palestinian Christians call for a “one state solution” that will tear down the wall and reintegrate them with the Jewish state. Until that happens, however, many are choosing to leave.

https://providencemag.com/2016/03/why-a ... s-fleeing/
skinster wrote:that Israel never had plans for peace with the Palestinians, etc.?

False. The earliest proposal was made July-November 1967 to withdraw from the Golan Heights & Egypt's Sinai; both Egypt and Syria rejected it. The Khartoum meeting with 'the three No's ' sealed the possibility then. Including drafted proposals to Jordan offered via back-channels.
False. Israel never had any plans for peace with the people it ethnically-cleansed, except to take all of Palestine, which is exactly what's happening since as time has gone on, Israel has got much bigger than the 55% of the land the Balfour Agreement offered, and today has basically taken control of all of Palestine...so please spare me your hasbara and take a look at the reality on the ground.
https://twitter.com/MrJamieLove/status/917111458802094080

Zeev Maoz doesn't write Hasbara, his book is very thorough. You're just a random commentator online. Whereas Zeev Maoz is a academic that has written an extensive book on this. Please spare me your ignorant sloganeering
skinster wrote:False. Israel never had any plans for peace with the people it ethnically-cleansed, except to take all of Palestine, which is exactly what's happening since as time has gone on, Israel has got much bigger than the 55% of the land the Balfour Agreement offered, and today has basically taken control of all of Palestine...so please spare me your hasbara and take a look at the reality on the ground.

The leaders of Israel did really have plans for peace with those Arabs that called themselves Palestinians. However, according to the Holy Bible, those plans were not part of God's plan.

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(1 Thessalonians 5:3 KJV)
skinster wrote:Image

I don't know why this post is considered off topic and I'm amused it was even reported. This post followed from my post before it. What I said there was correct, that Israel never had plans for peace but to take all of Palestine, and we know that by how much of Palestine Israel has stolen since it was offered the majority of Palestine (55%) in the Balfour Agreement, yet it now controls almost 100% of Palestine.

Reality is not zionists friend. :D
skinster wrote:I don't know why this post is considered off topic and I'm amused it was even reported. This post followed from my post before it.

That post appears to have been off topic too. Wake up. Praise the Lord.
skinster wrote:how much of Palestine Israel has stolen

The Partition resolution allocates a portion for a Jewish state. The UN created two nation-states.

And where's your whining about the creation of Jordan by the way? That was part of the Mandate of Palestine too.
redcarpet wrote:The Partition resolution allocates a portion for a Jewish state. The UN created two nation-states.

Yes, and that allocation for a "Jewish state" was 55% and 45% for a Palestinian state, but zionists expanded beyond that, taking practically all of Palestine, some of Syria and Lebanon too. The expansion continues since Israel refuses to define its borders. You can make whatever excuse you like for why Israel took all the land, but the reality on the ground dictates Israel is not about peace with its neighbours, but about taking their land while occupying or ethnically-cleansing the people who live(d) there.
skinster wrote:Yes, and that allocation for a "Jewish state" was 55% and 45% for a Palestinian state, but zionists expanded beyond that, taking practically all of Palestine, some of Syria and Lebanon too. The expansion continues since Israel refuses to define its borders. You can make whatever excuse you like for why Israel took all the land, but the reality on the ground dictates Israel is not about peace with its neighbours, but about taking their land while occupying or ethnically-cleansing the people who live(d) there.

States don't define their own borders. The UN does. The ICJ pointed out in 2004 that the 1967 lines are Israel's borders.

And whining about ethnic-cleansing and occupation is hypocritical since Palestinians want to do that. Most Israels support two-states, They have the right to self-determination as well. You post as if the bulk of Palestinian society doesn't dream of massacring Jews, or demand that J+S be Judenrein as a precondition for peace.
redcarpet wrote:States don't define their own borders. The UN does. The ICJ pointed out in 2004 that the 1967 lines are Israel's borders.

The UN doesn't recognize Syria's Golan Heights as Israeli territory. :D

ISIS doing a terrorist attack for money on a Frid[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]

I dont buy it, Why would anyone go for a vacation […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]