Does US Money fuel the Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:@Zionist Nationalist

You have an Ideology of 1870-1930 Nationalism

Israel could make more money when it has full trade agreement with arab neighbours.

Divide Jerusalem and give a bit Land you robbed honestly from Palestinians. They live like Jews in the in Ghettos

Israel would be happy to trade with ita neighbors but they insist on making a boycott so be it.

Maybe before telling Israel to divide itself and give territory to a hostile entity you should make an example by by giving independence to the Kurds
late wrote:The weird thing about aid is that Israel gets the most, and needs it the least.

Seriously, name one other OECD country we give aid to... it would be like giving aid to England or France.

This is not aid that given by money its a coupon which Israel can use to recieve military equipment
without this "aid" hundreds of thousand of Americans will lose their job
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Giving weapons to Isreal is giving weapons to China

Israel is the only trustworthy ironclad ally that US and Europe have in the middle east. So there is no problem in giving/selling weapons to Israel whatsoever.
pugsville wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Are you still whining about that ?
It was more than fifty years ago.
Whine about something more recent.
Like the Arabs throwing gays from rooftops, stoning unfaithful wives, honour killing relatives, things like that. Oh, sorry ! Israelis don't do any of those things !
:D
Ter wrote:Oh, sorry ! Israelis don't do any of those things !

Many Israelis do this:

Still legal to abuse a Chicken in extremely unsanitary conditions publically in Israel. Yes the latter example is NYC, but it's done alot in Israel.
colliric wrote:Still legal to abuse a Chicken in extremely unsanitary conditions publically in Israel. Yes the latter example is NYC, but it's done alot in Israel.

OK. So, you compare what Muslims do to people what some Jews in New York do to chickens ?

It is very typical for you to react immediately whenever Muslims are shown to do beastly things and then you come running "well there was a Jew who did also something bad".
I can only imagine why you are doing this again and again. But then you know, don't you ?

In this case: there is no comparison between the atrocities committed by Muslims again human beings, even if they are gay or adulterers, with some ectopic isolated incident against .... chickens lol. You must be constantly trolling Google to find evil stuff about Jews lol.
But whatever.
Ter wrote:Are you still whining about that ?
It was more than fifty years ago.
Whine about something more recent.
Like the Arabs throwing gays from rooftops, stoning unfaithful wives, honour killing relatives, things like that. Oh, sorry ! Israelis don't do any of those things !

Yup throw a lot irrelevant mud, of no possible relevance true or not about Israel's loyalty and honesty as an Ally.

Nations have interests not allies. Israel has never been a good ally and is unlikely ever to become one. Israel is driven by self interest. It's hardly unique , but waiting for Israel to say thank you or return a favor is pretty much a fool's errand.
pugsville wrote:...Israel has never been a good ally and is unlikely ever to become one.

Of course not. It's just a client, an aid recipient. US backing of Israel isn't based on what is in our interest. It results from the power of people here who consider it more important than America itself.

Israel is driven by self interest…

Unfortunately with regard to Mideast policy, the US isn't…Israel is no ally in the sense of being of mutual benefit. It's just a bloodsucker attached to the US by its toadies here.
starman2003 wrote:Unfortunately with regard to Mideast policy, the US isn't…Israel is no ally in the sense of being of mutual benefit. It's just a bloodsucker attached to the US by its toadies here

Of course lol. And people like you who put Arab/Muslim loyalty before anything else, we got that.
starman2003 wrote::roll: I'm not a muslim (not religious at all) nor arab but American. I just don't want the US to waste money on some foreign state when we get nothing in return but trouble.

Welcome to being superpower 101:

I don't want to be a superpower because it is costly -> I stop being a superpower -> Oh,no my enemies are taking over and bullying me -> I have to be a super power -> Go back to step 1
starman2003 wrote:Unfortunately with regard to Mideast policy, the US isn't…Israel is no ally in the sense of being of mutual benefit. It's just a bloodsucker attached to the US by its toadies here.

Indeed. Weird that everyday Americans are ok with this, but propaganda works.

Granted, less so than a couple of decades ago. There's more anti-apartheid-state sentiment these days, particularly from younger people, including lots of Jewish groups. You can even see it pop into the mainstream every now and then. The future for Israel does not look bright. :excited:

The pertinent information is in the post, for whic[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It has already been explained that this type of co[…]

Sure, keep thinking that. Election year is caus[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Again: nope. Putin in Feb 2022 only decided ... […]