Bibi lives to fight another day.... (Third election) - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Aaaand in the end they went for an unity government. They had no option given the pandemic, and the fact that voters would get tired of voting sooner or later.

Will this change anything? I doubt so, given this seemingly won't affect Palestinian politics much if it all. With Trump being President the PA has even less leverage than under Obama, with this national unity government there will be no annexation of Area C or any of that nonsense, with the current regional situation the conflict has been pushed into a secondary role (unsurprisingly so) and with the current global situation everyone will now be worried about their own affairs than about the ME (particularly with the pandemic and the fallout, but there's also a general exhaustion with this issue - the arguments are canned and exactly the same pretty much every time, even in this forum. I haven't personally changed my assessment of the situation but this topic doesn't feel like a priority to me right now).
wat0n wrote:Aaaand in the end they went for an unity government. They had no option given the pandemic, and the fact that voters would get tired of voting sooner or later.

Will this change anything? I doubt so, given this seemingly won't affect Palestinian politics much if it all. With Trump being President the PA has even less leverage than under Obama, with this national unity government there will be no annexation of Area C or any of that nonsense, with the current regional situation the conflict has been pushed into a secondary role (unsurprisingly so) and with the current global situation everyone will now be worried about their own affairs than about the ME (particularly with the pandemic and the fallout, but there's also a general exhaustion with this issue - the arguments are canned and exactly the same pretty much every time, even in this forum. I haven't personally changed my assessment of the situation but this topic doesn't feel like a priority to me right now).

Once the epidemic subsides conflict will arise pretty quickly. Hong Kong already has 4 consecutive days of zero case reports, and the government and their opponents are already plotting to clash again -- I expect tomorrow, the earliest. The same will probably happen in the Middle East soon.
Patrickov wrote:Once the epidemic subsides conflict will arise pretty quickly. Hong Kong already has 4 consecutive days of zero case reports, and the government and their opponents are already plotting to clash again -- I expect tomorrow, the earliest. The same will probably happen in the Middle East soon.

Who knows. I mean, with Trump's Jerusalem recognition people expected something many orders of magnitude worse than what actually happened.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the government collapsed a year after restrictions are lifted. That seems more likely at this point.
Patrickov wrote:Once the epidemic subsides conflict will arise pretty quickly. Hong Kong already has 4 consecutive days of zero case reports, and the government and their opponents are already plotting to clash again -- I expect tomorrow, the earliest. The same will probably happen in the Middle East soon.

The 2019 Hong Kong Protests won't end for at least another year.
@skinster I heard some of the interview and although it have some truths in it at the same time its presenting the situation according to what they think and not what is really going on
for example he said in the interveiw that Gantz did not wanted to form a government with the Arabs because of racist reasons and its not true
he wanted to form a governemnt with them but couldnt first because they have presented several demands which the Government cannot allow like legalizing illegal Bedouin settlements and building Arab city only for Arabs and Arab university only for Arabs (Arab party leaders want segregation from the Jews)
also the fact that they blatantly support our enemis and working towards ending Israel as a Jewish state its a deal breaker for any Zionist party
there would be no problem in having Arabs in the Knesset if they would not support our enemies and work towards segregating themselves from the Jews
skinster wrote:lol, it's Israeli policy that maintains the segregation of people based on them being Jewish or not, that's why "Israel" is known as the Apartheid State around the world.

As to your other stuff, I'm more inclined to believe David Sheen's investigations than your citation-free comments. :)

There is a difference between West bank Arabs and the ones residing inside Israel
the best thing Israel can do is to integrate the Arabs in Israel and its slowly happening but Arab populist leaders dont want that they want to inflame the hate

You can believe whatever you want but neither you or he lives here and you cant fully understand the situation
Last edited by Zionist Nationalist on 01 May 2020 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:There is a difference between West bank Arabs and the ones residing inside Israel

I mean aside from one group living under a military occupation and the other not, they're still considered second-class citizens by the ethnosupremacist apartheid state.

but Arab populist leaders dont want that they want to inflame the hate

Who and what? Want to share an article at least?

You can believe whatever you want but neither you or he lives here and you cant fully understand the situation

Why do you think your opinion ought to be believed just because you say so? Especially considering you're ok with stealing, why should anyone trust you?

And you're right I do not live in Palestine, but David Sheen does and I trust him.
@skinster

Who and what? Want to share an article at least?

Lets start with the fact that their leaders never condem terrorist attacks
I once saw that on live TV how Ahmad tibi refused to condem terrorism and just looked for excuses

also interesting fact that Azmi bshara former knesset member and was caught spying for Hezbollah says right and clear that there is no such thing as "Palestinians"

Why do you think your opinion ought to be believed just because you say so? Especially considering you're ok with stealing, why should anyone trust you?

I dont consider it as stealing
people have different perspectives on situations
it depends where you live
this guy who probably living in the Tel Aviv bubble
I dont live in the center Im from the countryside here we have different perspective on the situation
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Lets start with the fact that their leaders never condem terrorist attacks

How about start with how your leaders never condemn the terrorism they've been committing for the last 72 years, that are ongoing. But that would take more lifetimes than anyone could manage...

also interesting fact that Azmi bshara former knesset member and was caught spying for Hezbollah says right and clear that there is no such thing as "Palestinians"

The level of Zionist-insecurity in its denial of a people whose land they stole existing is just... :lol:

I dont consider it as stealing

Well, it is. Stealing people's land, homes, water, country. It's theft.
skinster wrote:Well, it is. Stealing people's land, homes, water, country. It's theft.

People in the countryside do have a stronger sense of thinking whatever around them is theirs. The same happens in the conservatives / reactionaries / pro-establishment people in United States / United Kingdom / Iran / Thailand / China / Taiwan / Hong Kong / etc.
skinster wrote:The level of Zionist-insecurity in its denial of a people whose land they stole existing is just... :lol:

Well, it is. Stealing people's land, homes, water, country. It's theft.

Israel won the land, homes, water, country in a defensive war against many Arab nations.
HalleluYah
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of […]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]

Let's set the philosophical questions to the side[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]