Calling for people interested in a Leftist blog - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Questions, suggestions and information about PoFo blogs. FAQ.
By KurtFF8
Why is the 21st congress not a "main blog" when it has the most articles and is the most viewed blog?
By Siberian Fox
That is something that I will address in time KurtFF8. I am reluctant to give it special prowess because of it's partisan nature, but agree that due to it's greater content it ought not to be given a lower prominence then quieter blogs. It will be sorted out when I do the next overhaul of the blog area. However the next 'upgrade' will take a lot more work so it wont be for a little while yet. I am committed to improving the blog area still further, maybe even to the high standards that Qatz was demanding, but it all takes time, and I don't have a lot of that I'm afraid.

I hope that with the custom URL you'll be able to promote it for people to go to directly, without the problem of it being 'buried' within the forum.
By HoniSoit
Hi Fox. Firstly, thanks for setting the PoFo blogs up.

I think as more content added to the blogs, we may make the blogs more independent of PoFo especially the four main blogs so it's not just the registered PoFo users but also anyone searching for politics blogs on the internet may see them as well.

But that's just my two cents and there is no rush to do this now.
By Siberian Fox
HoniSoit wrote:I think as more content added to the blogs, we may make the blogs more independent of PoFo especially the four main blogs so it's not just the registered PoFo users but also anyone searching for politics blogs on the internet may see them as well.

That is partly the idea behind my planned future improvements. It will make them effectively mini websites with much nearer total control over content editing and better linking of discussion with the posts. However, to take the blogs off-site totally would scupper the entire point of having the blogs in bringing more users to PoFo. It would also ruin the ease for PoFo users to comment on the articles.

Regarding searching, the forum is already moving up the rankings for searches for "Political blogs", but to get a really high rank will take some time.
By HoniSoit
Fox wrote:It will make them effectively mini websites with much nearer total control over content editing and better linking of discussion with the posts. However, to take the blogs off-site totally would scupper the entire point of having the blogs in bringing more users to PoFo. It would also ruin the ease for PoFo users to comment on the articles.

Not necessarily taking them off-site but more like positioning them more prominently within PoFo.

I was even thinking of a periodic journal available in PDF formate drawing from the articles posted on these blog - if we get sufficient articles, that is.
By KurtFF8
So could we possible have a section on the right (an info pane) that lists the blog contributors? That would seem to make the blog a little more legit perhaps? Or do you all think this is a bad idea?
By KurtFF8
So our left blog seems to be a little inactive. I've been doing many of the posts recently, and I'd love to think I'm the representative of the contemporary left but I doubt that's true ;)
By HoniSoit
I would really love to contribute more once I am done with this semester in a month.

Thanks for contributing to the Left blog, Kurt.

We have totally dominant hate filled ideology. T[…]

I got my results: https://moralfoundations.github[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]