Capital Reading Group - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discourse exclusively on the basis of historical materialist methodology.
Forum rules: No one line posts please. This forum is for discussion based on Marxism, Marxism-Leninism and similar revisions. Critique of topics not based on historical materialism belongs in the general Communism forum.
By HoniSoit
OK. I am making a separate thread on reading Capital in the hope that we can finally kick it off.

Having helped organise a few things on PoFo, my experience tells me it is best for the reading group to take a relaxed approach. What we can do is that people can read at their own pace and join the discussion at any time they want. So no one has to wait for anybody else and no one would feel pressured to read anything within a given period of time.

Since Eazu has not been very active (but if he is, it would be great for he to take charge since he is also the mod for this subforum), we can start by making a new thread for every chapter. Once you have finished reading a chapter, or more likely a sub-chapter/section given some of the chapters are fairly long, post your comments and questions in that designated chapter thread and we can than engage in discussion. For those who have read Capital, they are very welcome to jump in and discuss at any time.

This thread will be used as a general thread for the reading group.

How does it sound?
By Cartertonian
At TiG's advice, I'm still trying to get to grips with Dialectics4Kids - but it's way beyond me. :eek:

Might have to leave reading Das Kapital until I've had a brain transplant. :hmm:

:lol:
By Eauz
HoniSoit wrote:Since Eazu has not been very active (but if he is, it would be great for he to take charge since he is also the mod for this subforum)
I'm active on PoFo, I just don't have the time to invest in the reading group itself. Full-time job plus course I'm taking, fill up the day. Plus, nowadays, with everything being on an Ipod/Iphone/blackberry, why can't we just get the summary of it on our screen, saves time and money! ;)
By HoniSoit
No worries.

I know people are busy which is why a reading schedule probably has little chance of working; instead we can all proceed at our own pace and anyone can start reading and join the discussion any time. It is also good that people who have read ahead can come back to discuss earlier chapters when new people have just started reading them.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...We have bottomless pockets and Russia does not[…]

@Godstud What is going to change? I thought t[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving […]

Seeing that this place is filled to the brim with […]