Why I am an Anarchist - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
eran - I think you are confusing a kind of collective decision making process (democracy) which needn't be uncontractual and an organisation that uses uncontractual (coercive) methods to obtain resources (government). Most traditional businesses are actually totalitarian in their decision making but because the membership are (usually) subject by their own voluntary consent there is no problem. Government may use some kind of democratic decision making process or it may not but because it obtains its resources including membership to some extent by coercive means there is a problem but that has nothing to do with whether or not it is democratic.
Eran wrote:A democracy, by definition, is a government (either directly or indirectly) by the majority.

No its not but even if it was it could work on an internal voluntary basis as we've already been through.
By Eran
Perhaps.

Unadorned, "democracy" means "political democracy". Obviously, non-political or non-coercive organisations could be democratically-governed. But my local bridge club isn't a "democracy". It is "democratically-governed".

It seems like we agree on substance. If our entire disagreement is semantic (i.e. whether my local bridge club is or isn't "democracy"), we can move on.
Eran wrote:Perhaps.

Unadorned, "democracy" means "political democracy". Obviously, non-political or non-coercive organisations could be democratically-governed. But my local bridge club isn't a "democracy". It is "democratically-governed".

It seems like we agree on substance. If our entire disagreement is semantic (i.e. whether my local bridge club is or isn't "democracy"), we can move on.

Agreed.
On a personal level,which is a good place to start..........
It has been noted by palliative care nurses the common regrets of the dying are....
1. I wish I had the courage to live the life true to myself,not the life expected of me.
2. I wish I had not worked so hard.
3. I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.
Guilt and regret are not the same.The prospect of death seems to focus the mind...
What the dying are saying is that they were not free in life.They were inhibited physically,emotionally and mentally by many factors.Controlled......
By spodi
Because I'm an 18 year old upper middle class freshman at Wesleyan and don't find it ironic that I'm trying to take down my father's evil corporation who's greed got me to Wesleyan. I'm a fan of Jobs, Ayers and Chomsky. I am an anti capitalist pig commenting from my iPhone 7 I <3 anarchy until 4 years from now when my history of Lenin's life major gets me a job at my dad's corporation, then I'll be a libertarian still fighting the man of course. No irony, no masters. Gonna go backpack through the eastern bloc now, original right?

63 is beyond the military age in Israel. More non[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's the problem though. People in general don'[…]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]