why anarchists should vote far right - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The common anarchist is someone who tries to bite the right hand of the government and eats off the left hand.
In order words they're hypocrites.
Being an anarchist is about direct action.
If you want a raise, demand a better raise. Not from the government, but from organized labor.
Do not wear brand clothing when participating in direct action, wear modest clothing.
You are against capitalism, act like it.
In other words, be the change you want to see in the world.
As far as you're concerned the government doesn't exist.
Anarchism is more than a political philosophy, its a philosophy of life.
*sigh*

One can recognize the intrinsic ties between government and capitalism and still make strategic use of it for incremental gains, or to minimize harm. The fact is that both left and right-wing political parties are selective in their authoritarianism, and the authoritarianism of right-wing parties often encroaches into very personal matters such as reproductive health or sexual orientation. The supposed "freedom" they advocate is freedom for the capitalists to exploit the workers. Left-wing parties are marginally better on that issue (sometimes), though their use of the surveillance and security apparatus is pretty much just as bad. I generally don't vote for candidates, and the ones I do vote for do not belong to either of the mainstream political parties. I will, however, vote for ballot measures that help increase local autonomy and regulate against the power of corporations. None of this is a substitute for direct action, but it can be complementary to it.
Not from the government, but from organized labor.

Just curious?
Anarchism does not perceive organized labor as a form of government?

Edit:
I read a little about Anarcho-syndicalism, but is it (Labor unions) a tool or an end result?
One Degree wrote:Just curious?
Anarchism does not perceive organized labor as a form of government?

Why would organized labor be perceived as a government/state?

I read a little about Anarcho-syndicalism, but is it (Labor unions) a tool or an end result?

A tool.
Oh my, I've just realized that far right is a term for neo nazis...
I meant libertarians.
One can recognize the intrinsic ties between government and capitalism and still make strategic use of it for incremental gains, or to minimize harm. The fact is that both left and right-wing political parties are selective in their authoritarianism, and the authoritarianism of right-wing parties often encroaches into very personal matters such as reproductive health or sexual orientation. The supposed "freedom" they advocate is freedom for the capitalists to exploit the workers. Left-wing parties are marginally better on that issue (sometimes), though their use of the surveillance and security apparatus is pretty much just as bad.

Libertarians address all those concerns.
leo_tolstoy wrote:Libertarians address all those concerns.

No, they don't. They are 100% on board with the freedom of capitalists to exploit workers. They even believe in making it worse by abolishing the few protections workers have managed to fight for so far. Their conception of freedom is entirely one of freedom for the capitalist class.
Paradigm wrote:No, they don't. They are 100% on board with the freedom of capitalists to exploit workers. They even believe in making it worse by abolishing the few protections workers have managed to fight for so far. Their conception of freedom is entirely one of freedom for the capitalist class.

The problem with that line of thinking is that people become complacent on government.
If people are to be driven towards direct action they should not rely on the government for protection.
They should organize and do so on their own account.
leo_tolstoy wrote:The problem with that line of thinking is that people become complacent on government.
If people are to be driven towards direct action they should not rely on the government for protection.
They should organize and do so on their own account.

Yeah, and since libertarians believe the one most sacred duty of government is the protection of property, we can expect that direct action to be met with plenty of riot cops and tear gas, if not live ammunition.
Paradigm wrote:Yeah, and since libertarians believe the one most sacred duty of government is the protection of property, we can expect that direct action to be met with plenty of riot cops and tear gas, if not live ammunition.

Well nobody said it would be easy.
But it needs to happen for anarchism to come about.
leo_tolstoy wrote:The common anarchist is someone who tries to bite the right hand of the government and eats off the left hand...

Being an anarchist is about direct action...

You are against capitalism, act like it...

Anarchism is more than a political philosophy, its a philosophy of life.

What's it called when someone makes up their own definition of a word, that has nothing to do with the commonly understood definition, and then bases an argument off of it?
RedPillAger wrote:What's it called when someone makes up their own definition of a word, that has nothing to do with the commonly understood definition, and then bases an argument off of it?

Well i haven't read the entire library on anarchism but i have read a couple of books about it.
The common definition of anarchism Is without government.
However a better definition would be without hierarchy.
Capitalism is based around the premise of private hierarchies as opposed to democratic workplaces where the workers own the means of production.
leo_tolstoy wrote:Well nobody said it would be easy.
But it needs to happen for anarchism to come about.

But why does it have to happen under a libertarian regime that will be even more oppressive to the working class than the mainstream political parties? Do you honestly think the working class will be in a better position to fight when the social safety net is ripped out from under them? I don't think you've thought this through very well.
Paradigm wrote:But why does it have happen under a libertarian regime that will be even more pressive to the working class than the mainstream political parties? Do you honestly think the working class will be in a better position to fight when the social safety net is ripped out from under them? I don't think you've thought this through very well.

Well ive googled countries and their percentage of union membership and it turns out that social democracies tend to have higher union membership.
Still i still think it leads people to complacency and codependence on the government.
I don't think anarchism could be achieved under those conditions.
leo_tolstoy wrote:Well ive googled countries and their percentage of union membership and it turns out that social democracies tend to have higher union membership.
Still i still think it leads people to complacency and codependence on the government.
I don't think anarchism could be achieved under those conditions.

You've got this all-or-nothing thinking that lacks any strategy whatsoever. The issue of complacency and codependence on government is not something that will get addressed by removing the few gains workers have gotten from the government after years of struggle. The point is to keep pushing. As anti-capitalists, we should know that government is only capable of conceding so much to the workers, because ultimately they serve the interests of capital, and their job is to make sure that workers get exploited enough to maintain the profit margins of capitalists. So rather than help the capitalists out by voting for people who will gouge the workers even more, we should be making demands of the system that are perfectly reasonable, but that we know they can't concede, because it pushes up too far against the interests of capital. Bring out the contradictions in capitalism, and fight on those battlefields; there's no need to create new ones that didn't previously exist.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]

A gentle tongue speaks many languages.. :lol:[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]