Debating With Myself on Going Through With This or Not - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The 'no government' movement.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I've always been a creative person, which led me to want to produce my comics through Image, want to become an independent filmmaker, and want me to produce the toys, video games, and other merchandise based on my comics, films, and web-shows. I've also had an interest in wanting to be an entrepreneur and create an entertainment business, as well as a business franchise that would sell my comics, films, toys, video games, etc, as well as doing the same for other independent creators. However, as an anarchist, I've been having conflicting thoughts about whether or not I want to set up those businesses, because then I'd have to go through (in my eyes) pointless and unnecessary court bullshit just to get them "officialized", which makes me feel like a hypocrite for seeing government as a necessary evil, and also makes me consider financing my own projects and having them produced other companies, putting Creative Commons licenses on them, and having someone else create those franchise stores instead, just so I can avoid the courts as much as possible. I should mention I'm not one of these "woke" leftards injecting personal politics into everything (but I can see why some people reading may think that to a degree at first), I just don't want the government to hinder businesses from functioning or even existing, just because the businesses refused to let themselves get legally robbed under threat of force, or refused to bend to the whims of a ruling class. Ideally, I don't want the government to exist at all, but unfortunately, the statist cattle keep blindly empowering the government by cheering for their own subservience, which makes it harder for a truly free society to finally exist. Should I just bite the bullet and let the government be intrusive, or should I partner with other companies while letting someone else set up those stores?

Please maintain a CIVILIZED discussion. Getting over-emotional and arguing leads to a flame war, which gets us nowhere.
I think you should get some advice from a peer in the industry, and not some strangers on a political forum. :D We're not likely to give you better advice.

I'd say, go with your gut, and consider the long-term.
are you the author of black science cause that guy was an anarchist. that series was lit. its ok if you arent though

sounds like you have already realized you will never be truly free of the man. so just do whatever makes you happiest and most productive :)
Wulfschilde wrote:are you the author of black science cause that guy was an anarchist. that series was lit. its ok if you arent though

sounds like you have already realized you will never be truly free of the man. so just do whatever makes you happiest and most productive :)

No, I'm not Rick Remender. I should go to my local comics shop and see if Black Science #1 is still being sold there. If they're out, I can always try finding it on a torrenting site.

As far as what you said about me not truly being free from the Man, that's not entirely true, because I've researched various forms of rebellion out there to know that the nails are being hammered to the Man's coffin. Obviously Image Comics, anarchism, and independent filmmaking are three examples of that, but there's also the Free Software Movement (I'm currently running Linux Mint on my computer), independent news outlets, the Fediverse (a series of federated social networks), resin 3D printers possibly disrupting the manufacturing process, unschooling (where parents and children decide the child's curriculum, instead of the school or government), automation being assigned to a number of jobs too dangerous, boring, annoying, or repetitious for humans, green technology (such as solar, wind, geothermal, hydro-electric, etc), vehicle dwelling (as opposed to living in house, condo, or apartment), the anti-religious trend, and plenty of others. There's enough people involved with each of these things, and due to the internet and word of mouth, there's a possibility that each of these forms of rebellion will get shared around, and when everyone is participating in all of them, then the Man is truly fucked because it will put into a corner with no way of escape. That's when humanity will finally be free.
Patient #5 wrote:However, as an anarchist, I've been having conflicting thoughts about whether or not I want to set up those businesses, because then I'd have to go through (in my eyes) pointless and unnecessary court bullshit just to get them "officialized", which makes me feel like a hypocrite for seeing government as a necessary evil, and also makes me consider financing my own projects and having them produced other companies, putting Creative Commons licenses on them, and having someone else create those franchise stores instead, just so I can avoid the courts as much as possible...I just don't want the government to hinder businesses from functioning or even existing, just because the businesses refused to let themselves get legally robbed under threat of force, or refused to bend to the whims of a ruling class. Ideally, I don't want the government to exist at all, but unfortunately, the statist cattle keep blindly empowering the government by cheering for their own subservience, which makes it harder for a truly free society to finally exist. Should I just bite the bullet and let the government be intrusive, or should I partner with other companies while letting someone else set up those stores?

Please maintain a CIVILIZED discussion. Getting over-emotional and arguing leads to a flame war, which gets us nowhere.

Anarchists vary in what they ultimately want, of course, but it sounds to me like you want your creative work to be recognised in some form, and to benefit you - at least in this non-anarchist world. Which I wouldn't call hypocritical. Your choice seems to be whether you deal with the legal system directly, or allow someone else to do it for you, for a cut. Which is still fine under some forms of anarchy, I'd think. It's more a question of whether you want the direct control of personal involvement, or are willing to let a non-anarchist business do it, saving you work you're not experienced in (and don't want to be), but who may be more capitalist-oriented. Unless you can find some kind of cooperative to join which is used to sorting these legal matters, while holding similar views to you?
Patient #5 wrote:No, I'm not Rick Remender. I should go to my local comics shop and see if Black Science #1 is still being sold there. If they're out, I can always try finding it on a torrenting site.

As far as what you said about me not truly being free from the Man, that's not entirely true, because I've researched various forms of rebellion out there to know that the nails are being hammered to the Man's coffin. Obviously Image Comics, anarchism, and independent filmmaking are three examples of that, but there's also the Free Software Movement (I'm currently running Linux Mint on my computer), independent news outlets, the Fediverse (a series of federated social networks), resin 3D printers possibly disrupting the manufacturing process, unschooling (where parents and children decide the child's curriculum, instead of the school or government), automation being assigned to a number of jobs too dangerous, boring, annoying, or repetitious for humans, green technology (such as solar, wind, geothermal, hydro-electric, etc), vehicle dwelling (as opposed to living in house, condo, or apartment), the anti-religious trend, and plenty of others. There's enough people involved with each of these things, and due to the internet and word of mouth, there's a possibility that each of these forms of rebellion will get shared around, and when everyone is participating in all of them, then the Man is truly fucked because it will put into a corner with no way of escape. That's when humanity will finally be free.

I like most of those things too but the man is not ever going away completely. Theres lots of bad stuff you could list too

people believe what htey want to believe and focus on the things they want to focus on to be what they want to be
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]