Telstra sux - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
By GandalfTheGrey
Telstra Big Pond - more like Big Con

You would have to be insane to choose telstra as your ISP. I just had a phone line installed and took a look at what they offer for dial up:
http://www.bigpond.com/internet-plans/dialup/personal/

These "deals" are simply nowhere near what their competitors are offering. Oh their arrogance. They assume that just because the name "telstra" is synonimous with phone lines, everyone will choose telstra as their ISP by default. Well they're probably right, but I wish people using telstra would take a closer look at their blatantly inferior offers.

Any ISP worth its crust will have a deal for frequent users that offers a fixed monthly rate with unlimited download. Its just standard now. But not telstra. The best they offer for the most frequent user is 700mb at $38.95/month, or $34.95/month on a 12 month contract. Compare this to dodo, which offers unlimited download and unlimited hours for $69.90/quarter (3 months) - or $23.30/month. Most of the other competitors are pretty close to what dodo offers. Some of the other big pond deals are not even worth looking at: "internet regular" you pay $15.95 for 7 hours/month. Any additional hours you pay $3.95/hour. A deal only for the trully stupid.
By unbalanced zealot
telstra is scum !

My ozemail account is about $23 a month unlimited.

I wouldn't use telstra just on principle.
By Maxim Litvinov
Telstra are wonderful! Use Telstra *

* this has nothing to do with me having shares in the bastard which are on worth about 60% what I paid for them. GRRRR!

Telstra used to be an even bigger rip-off when it came to broadband, except they slashed their prices recently to only be a half-rip-off on some accounts :roll:
By Bricktop
I currently pay around $80 a month for a dial up (not my mum - I DO).. on a prepaid account, because my mum hasnt got a credit rating so we cannot get plans :(:(

Oh btw - Death to Telstra >: Even though im on Optus Prepaid.

Cant wait til i turn 18 :D

Drummond
By Ocker
A lot of the cheap ISPs are Telstra resellers, anyway, I'm pretty sure :hmm:

Ahh, the joys of privatization...

I was looking at (by accident) a picture of a partially dressed model the other day, and you know what struck me as beautiful? The standardised phone jack in the picture :*(

Zionism was never a religious movement basing i[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting video on why Macron wants to deploy F[…]

https://x.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1801949727069[…]

I submit this informed piece by the late John Pil[…]