Latham wins! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
By Ocker
Efrem, once you have an opinion, you can change it you know.

I would list the great actors and movies we have, but why bother, your mind is closed, sealed and welded.
By unbalanced zealot
Cult of Wong Fei wrote:Proctor's Edit: Yup, that was me. I can't remember what it said exactly, but as it added nothing to the thread, and was a one liner (it needs to fill both conditions for me to delete it, unless it's the standard Efrem vs. CasX flame war), I got rid of it. No harm done eh? ;)

8) Yep - no worries. From memory ... I think it was something stupid anyway.
By Thin Spirits
Efrem Da King wrote:
Trust me my mums a film maker, we really don't have a film industry.

The people with money give it to the most pretensious cr*p that doesn't have a hope in hell of being comerical. You know why?

Because they are able to, being funded by the gov, that funding goes and we may well have an entertainment industry. Not a "men eating cats because they are depressed" industry.

Your mum is a film maker. In Australia. And yet you still claim that we have no film industry?
If you're trying to say that the Australian film industry is small, without influence and idiotically controlled, then fair enough, i agree.
But you cant claim that one doesn't exist. Thats what I was saying with my previous post.
By CasX
This sounds promising for Labour. What is this guy Latham like?

The NZ Alliance Party also has a new leader - Matt McCarten.
By Ocker
CasX, he is controversial to say the least.

He has openly called Bush "the worst, and most dangerous president ever" or something along those lines, and Howard a "arselicker", among other things.
By GandalfTheGrey
CasX wrote: What is this guy Latham like?

One political commentator described him as the most extreme rightist in the labour party. Labour is now completely dominated by rightists, although a leftist currently holds the position of deputy leader. It seems he is very similar to Paul Keating in his economic outlook (deregulation, privatisation). He gets the Gandalf seal of approval because he called Bush the most incompetent president ever, and called Howard an arselicker.
By antiskeptic
I am not biased against John Howard. I think he is an alrite bloke but he hasnt done much for this country that the people have wanted. Sure he has done little bits and pieces that have heard a few cheers... but really no. he has done much.

voters are funny people. im not one.... yet but when i am im going to make the right decision based on who i think will do the best job and not who i like best.

elbow heads. the only way to describe the labor party
By Proctor
CasX, I never even heard about that. I guess it shows how popular the Alliance are nowadays eh? :/

Ocker wrote:He has openly called Bush "the worst, and most dangerous president ever" or something along those lines, and Howard a "arselicker", among other things.
What would that equate to in regular politics? I know in Australia you tolerate a lot more ie. MPs swearing at each other. ;)
By unbalanced zealot
GandalfTheGrey wrote:Labour is now completely dominated by rightists, although a leftist currently holds the position of deputy leader.

Yeh - this is an important tangent !!!
A breakdown of the caucus vote and the Latham support base
reveals that the old guard NSW right dominates a supposedly
centre left party.

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]

NOVA SCOTIA (New Scotland, 18th Century) No fu[…]

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]