Pizza Hut continues to trash it's brandname. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Australia.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please.
http://www.mudgeeguardian.com.au/story/ ... ss-action/

The terrible decisions of twenty years ago are finally reaping havoc as Domino's dominance is practically assured.

Meanwhile the ole "Chuck-e-Cheese" Pizza Hut concept(that is still employed in most other countries) continues to be marginalized by a company that doesn't know what the fuck they are doing here in Australia. They need to offer to their franchisees the option of opening Dine-In restaurants. That is where the uniqueness of their branding lies. They should admit it was a "necessary mistake" what they did back then in the late-90s.

They made that decision in a Domino's-free market at the time, and admittedly it wasn't a terrible idea. But now they need that different "edge" that only stuff like "The Works Combo" brought to their brand. They should re-explore that concept again.
Dominos and Little Caesars are dog food compared to Pizza hut. Panagos pizza is better than all 3. Chain pizzas, in general, suck.
We have a local Greek pizza place that is the best thin crust pizza on earth. There is a regional chain called Mazzios that I like the best when I'm in southern Missouri/ Arkansas/Oklahoma.
I generally find most big pizza chains like Pizza Hut to have fairly bad low quality pizza, mostly they're junk like fast food chains tend to be. It's really quite disgusting. It's the family owned local restaurants that make Pizza that is actually decent and not just greasy shit.
colliric wrote:They need to offer to their franchisees the option of opening Dine-In restaurants. That is where the uniqueness of their branding lies. They should admit it was a "necessary mistake" what they did back then in the late-90s.

They made that decision in a Domino's-free market at the time, and admittedly it wasn't a terrible idea. But now they need that different "edge" that only stuff like "The Works Combo" brought to their brand. They should re-explore that concept again.

My perception is that over the last decade people have had less of a desire to go out to eat Italian food unless the food being served is perceived as being high quality, which was possibly one of the reasons why such a large number of dine - in Pizza Huts have closed over that period.

I also notice that when you go to the food court of even a large shopping centre you'd be hard pressed to find a place that sells pizza. I think that this is due to way people see pizza as a form of food - it's not served in such a way to be an "on the go" or snack food for a single person but it's considered too "junky" to be worthy of a meal. Pizza is seen as something quick or convenient to feed a number of people or if you feel like pigging out while you're in one of your "don't give a shit about my health" phases. If Pizza Hut could shake off this image of pizza then it may become popular again.

I recall back in the 90's of a plan by Yum Foods to create a KFC/Pizza Hut hybrid restaurant. At the time it didn't seem to be a good idea considering that both restaurants were popular, but with the decline in Pizza Hut it may be another solution to save the brand.

A new film has been released destroying the offic[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Since you keep insisting on pretending that the I[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]